Tenent Act?

Hi,

Does anyone have any information or links to something along the lines of a Thai Tenant Act - i.e. a document outlining the rights and responsibilities of both Tenants and Landlords?

We have a tenant (Thai) who can no longer afford to rent our property, but is trying to extend their stay under the premise that they can substitute the security deposit for rental payments. We need to evict these people sooner if possible, because there is *definitely* damage to the property that their deposit will have to cover.

What can we do?

Hi,

Does anyone have any information or links to something along the lines of a Thai Tenant Act - i.e. a document outlining the rights and responsibilities of both Tenants and Landlords?

We have a tenant (Thai) who can no longer afford to rent our property, but is trying to extend their stay under the premise that they can substitute the security deposit for rental payments. We need to evict these people sooner if possible, because there is *definitely* damage to the property that their deposit will have to cover.

What can we do?

Not sure about the official way, but from what I have seen over the years at Suk Soi 8/10 and at JJ Park, it appears the most effective way is to show up at 3am with several dozen thugs.

Hi,

What can we do?

I would suggest looking at the rental contract you hopefully signed when you moved the tenant in. The rental contract should state clearly what happens upon tenant default.

You may need to speak with an attorney BUT. Go there with a letter in hand - telling the tenent that he has defaulted & needs to be out ASAP. If they refuse get a lawyer. Damage deposit may not be used in lieu of rent.

In future get first last & a damage deposit. If they haven't paid by the 5th inform the tenent he has until EOM to be out. If they can't come up with 3 months rent - frankly you don't want them. You will be on the hook for the last elec payment too.

Why is evicting a non payer difficult? Do Thailand have a lot of squatters like UK?

Hi,

What can we do?

Not sure about the official way, but from what I have seen over the years at Suk Soi 8/10 and at JJ Park, it appears the most effective way is to show up at 3am with several dozen thugs.

We would call he wifes family in, her Brother is a big fella (but very nice) and few baht should sort this out quickly. I wouldnt waste your time or money with any lawyers.