Confused!

Ok so i am changing my job..... i thought this would be simple enough... do a visa run to cancel WP, get new non b and new WP but apparently not!

Apparently, i must get a letter from my old employer stating they are releasing me from my old WP and present this to Suan Phlu (where exactly i'm unsure) this cancels off my old visa extension and WP-simply exiting apparently no longer does this. Then i must exit and return on a 30 day stamp. Then i must exit AGAIN and get a non B and then i can apply for the WP upon my return.

Can anybody confirm this or clarify what kind of letter and where at Suan Phlu it must be presented???

Many thanks in advance,

Khun Kruu

Yes, that’s the procedure that others have mentioned. The letter from you employer confirms the end of your employment, idicating the last day of employment. Unless you leave not later than that date you must get an extension of stay and can get 7 days. Then apply for work permit, get single-entry non-B visa, pick up work permit, get extension of stay or multiple entry non-B visa.

--

Maestro

I just changed from one company to another and did not need to exit Thailand. I have a Thai colleague who handles these things but I believe it was pretty straightforward. What Maestro says is exactly what happened in my case, although I wonder if it would have been easier to begin the application process for the new WP before the old one is relinquished?

thanks for all the info.

any idea where at suan phlu this letter must be presented to???

JimJim- i was told i cannot do that, i must first exit and then exit again.... apparently you can no longer have back to back non b's!