Glasgow Celtic

jietjon

Steve Clarke now the bookies favourite.

A Scot. Would prefer that myself.

Agreed CB. An Irish Manager could well have been another target for the sectarian bigots who "disliked" Neil Lennon.

• Like 1

Steve Clarke now the bookies favourite.

A Scot. Would prefer that myself.

Agreed CB. An Irish Manager could well have been another target for the sectarian bigots who "disliked" Neil Lennon.

Sectarian bigots being Protestant of course. As any fule kno the other ones can only ever be described as devout.

Don't take my word for it, try googling "devout catholic", "devout protestant", "catholic bigots", "protestant bigots", "anti-catholic bigotry", "anti-protestant bigotry" and compare the results.

Seriously, have a look at the bookies and see what the odds are on Celtic breaking a few records this season, they've got next to no decent opposition. ***

Other than that, the SPL is going to be as dull as dishwater.

*** But not in Thailand, obviously, that would be illegal.

mate season over what new records chicog, but for the sake of my country and fellow scottish footballers bring it on, great challenge stand up and play your best, dull as dishwater, give them a chance, we can't all sign hatleys, gascoignes,laudraups,beast,etc

mate season over what new records chicog, but for the sake of my country and fellow scottish footballers bring it on, great challenge stand up and play your best, dull as dishwater, give them a chance, we can't all sign hatleys, gascoignes,laudraups,beast,etc

or spelling teachers either, Hi Gingebiggrin.png Sorry, meant byegiggle.gifcoffee1.gif

Highest points tally.

Biggest Winning Margin.

Unbeaten Season.

Highest Goals Scored.

Etc.

They've got next to no decent opposition now.

SPL revenue dropped 4 million last season and that's only propped up by Celtic's CL run.

Celtic have just appointed Ronny Deila as the new Manager. A Norwegian he led Stromsgodset to the Norwegian title last season. One wishes him the best of luck. With the CL qualifiers coming up soon he will need it. We just about scraped in last season and there is no quarantee we will manage it again this season.

Edited by salty

• 3 weeks later...

Celtic have been drawn against KR Reykjavik in the 2nd qualifying round for the Champions League. This is the first of 3 qualifying rounds they will have to negotiate to make the CL. Due to the Commonwealth games Celtic will play home games in Murrayfield.

Well done to Giorgio Samaras who won and converted an injury time penalty to send Greece into the last 16 of the World Cup. In his time at Celtic he regularly drove most of us to distraction with poor ball control and ability to turn into blind alleys when in possession.

He had some good moments also and it was pleasing to see him stepping up to the plate for his national side in a moment of need.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news from today's Record:

RONNY DEILA’S Celtic reign kicked off with a Champions League victory in Iceland last night thanks to a debut goal from Parkhead kid Callum McGregor.

And the 21-year-old who spent last season on loan at Notts County has been told he can have a massive future with the Scottish champions if he continues to knuckle down and learn his trade under the new Norwegian gaffer.

Deila was delighted with his team’s performance in the 1-0 victory over KR Reykjavic , which makes next week’s return leg at Murrayfield a virtual foregone conclusion.

And while the new man admits he will have to strengthen the squad for tougher challenges ahead, he was satisfied with what he saw in the Icelandic capital last night.

Good start:

The road is long
With many a winding turn
That leads us to who knows where... " [Hollies / Scott & Russell 1969]

... comes to mind. Didn't know that song actually has a Catholic provenance until I googled for the writer. Perhaps you guys should be singing that at Murrayfield next Tuesday (that and "swing low, sweet chariot ... "tongue.png ). Who'd have thunk it, Glasgow Celtic playing a home game in that minor Scottish town at the wrong end of the M8

Should be enough to negoiate the first hurdle. Far more searching games ahead. Given how we struggled in both the 2nd and 3rd ko rounds last season I would be hopeful rather than confident of making it to the CL.

Caution is the right attitude CB..whistling.gif

Assuming we get through we will face St Patricks Ath or Legia Warsaw in the next qualifying round. In 1998 St Pats got a draw 1-1 I think or maybe 0-0 in the 1st leg at Parkhead but Celtic won the 2nd leg 2-0 in Dublin. Pats got a 1-1 draw in the first leg in Warsaw. The Poles equalized in the last minute of injury time. Hopefully Pats will get through and ensure a big occasion for the Dublin leg.