Glasgow Celtic

jietjon

Any suggestions as to which channel to find the game on the net tonight? Watched the first leg on the Iplayer and was impressed as not a buffer in sight all game, but I can't find which channels to search for that will be screening it this time,,

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I watched the game this morning using one of the google chrome add ons installed on my MacBook, found the game very quickly, good pic quality, and only 2 or 3 buffering points throughout the game ,,,,

well done to the bhoys, although poor quality opposition I thought it a decent game to watch with some decent passing moves that will only get better as the sharpness of the team improves

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes it was all over after 20 minutes with the two Van Dijk goals. Good to see Pukki getting on the score sheet with other two. But as you said very limited opposition.

Hoping St Pats can come through tonight against Legia. It would be a big occasion and a big pay night for Pats. I fear Legia will win the tie but hopeful that I will be wrong.

Legia Warsaw 4 Celtic 1

Celtic were outclassed by the Poles in Warsaw. After taking the lead through McGregor in 7 minutes Legia came back strongly and leveled in the 15th minute.through Radovic. It was already ominous that the Poles looked miles sharper far quicker in thought and action and were availing of acres of space against a sluggish Celtic backline. Celtic rallied some what and had a decent share of possession for a period. Commons had a good effort over the bar and Pukki had a chance but under severe pressure hooked wide. But then Legia scored again in 35 minutes when a cross was headed back across goal and Radovic hammered home. Celtic all at sea again. Worse was to follow a few minutes later when an excellent through ball put one of the Poles showing good anticipation through. Ambrose far too late lunged in and was sent off. Half time and you thought 2-1 would not be too bad.

Celtic were soon under the cosh again and Forster made a great block when another Legia goal looked inevitable. Soon after Mulgrew was late with a challenge in the box and Legia had a penalty. Celtic out of jail again as they shot wide. Celtic were still getting a decent share of possession and the 2nd half was moving along but from about 75 minutes on they were a shambles. They were unable to get any possession and Legia looked as if they had 3 extra men. Celtic survived until 6 minutes from time. Then Izaguirre on as a sub was turned inside out 3 or 4 times before an excellent cross was headed in by Zyro for 3-1. Then another penalty for Legia. Mulgrew pulled back a Legia forward in the box. Forster saved and it was hoofed clear. Then just into 3 minutes of injury time Legia made it 4-1 as they sliced Celtic open again. An acrimonious end to the game as Celtic frustrated were becoming irritated at some playacting by Legia.

It would take a miracle for Celtic to turn this one around. Even at 2-1 the Poles look to me to be miles better and if needed I think they could be well able to draw or win next week. No doubt we will read the puff pieces in the next few days about we will give it everything etc but I don't think there is a snowball's chance in hell.

• Like 2

After arriving back at my condo after the game about 4am I made out the report on the game so that CB could peruse when he got up. Otherwise he would tell me my attitude was not right. I still found it impossible to sleep as my mind would not let go the images of the game. Eventually I gave it up and went out walking about 6.15.

I am very happy you guys got a good nights rest.rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

After arriving back at my condo after the game about 4am I made out the report on the game so that CB could peruse when he got up. Otherwise he would tell me my attitude was not right. I still found it impossible to sleep as my mind would not let go the images of the game. Eventually I gave it up and went out walking about 6.15.

The pavements of Pattaya must have been well pounded

after that Spurs score sank in, Salty old son . . . . tongue.png .

Everyone understand that, except these clowns from Estonia :) Everyone in Finland knew it would not be big success and it wasn't. So organisers quite mad, maybe about themselves and maybe they now understand how stupid they were, to even put this game up. They thought Pukki is enough to get stadium full, how wrong they were.

• Like 1

The pavements of Pattaya must have been well pounded

after that Spurs score sank in, Salty old son . . . . tongue.png .

Indeed they were CB but this time after a good nights rest having thankfully not seen our Hell in Helsinki.

As for the return leg I suspect the Poles could put this one to bed early on. Hopefully I will be wrong and at least Celtic will make a decent attempt at overturning the tie.

Either way I will be on duty again to provide you with a few observations. I don't want you to feel guilty about another sleep deprived night for Salty.whistling.gif

Celtic 0 Legia Warsaw 2.

No CB it wasn't a good game. As I expected it was a stroll for Legia. Celtic never looked like scoring and the Poles had no moments of anxiety. It took Celtic 35 minutes to force a corner and like others afterwards were easy for the goalie. Celtic huffed and puffed but had no ideas on how to break down Legia. The Poles killed it off in the late in the first half. Izaguirre caught on the wrong side was left for dead and Zyro was through and dummied Forster and scored with a virtual tap in.

The only source of danger to Legia was down the right hand side where Matthews and McGregor were getting some joy. Early on Matthews made a great burst and cut it back but it was too near the goalie. The 2nd goal came on the hour mark when Celtic stood waiting for something to happen. The Poles weren't and assisted by ball watching made it 2-0.

The Celtic support made their displeasure fairly obvious towards the team and board. The Polish support on the other hand were cock a hoop and in high spirits. It may be difficult to get a plumber in Edinburgh or Glasgow tomorrow.

Assuming we get through we will face St Patricks Ath or Legia Warsaw in the next qualifying round. In 1998 St Pats got a draw 1-1 I think or maybe 0-0 in the 1st leg at Parkhead but Celtic won the 2nd leg 2-0 in Dublin. Pats got a 1-1 draw in the first leg in Warsaw. The Poles equalized in the last minute of injury time. Hopefully Pats will get through and ensure a big occasion for the Dublin leg.

Why do you support a scottish team?????, or am i reading into this too much

Assuming we get through we will face St Patricks Ath or Legia Warsaw in the next qualifying round. In 1998 St Pats got a draw 1-1 I think or maybe 0-0 in the 1st leg at Parkhead but Celtic won the 2nd leg 2-0 in Dublin. Pats got a 1-1 draw in the first leg in Warsaw. The Poles equalized in the last minute of injury time. Hopefully Pats will get through and ensure a big occasion for the Dublin leg.

Why do you support a scottish team?????, or am i reading into this too much

Why Not? Many Irish people support Liverpool, Man Utd and City, Chelsea etc.

Daily Record gossip:

David Moyes and Malky Mackay have both been spotted at Celtic's Champions League clash with Legia Warsaw.

A few eyebrows were raised when Norwegian boss Ronny Deila was chosen as Neil Lennon's successor with the Scottish champions earlier this summer.

And he has done little to appease himself to the Celtic faithful after his side were thumped 6-1 on aggregate by Legia in the third qualifying.

There is even talk he could be under pressure already and Moyes and Mackay's presence at the clash will do little to suggest otherwise.

Celtic lost the first-leg of the clash 4-1, and lost the second-leg 2-0, failing to inspire much hope in fans for the season ahead.

They now drop into the Europa League play-off round, needing to win a two-leg tie to advance to the group stage of UEFA's second tier, and far less lucrative, competition.

I was hoping Malky Mackay would get the job but I think this a classic example of kite flying. Getting rid of the Manager will not magically fix everything.

Hopefully we will be able to unearth some decent talent especially as it looks likely we will be losing one or two of our big names.

Priceless ....... from today's Record:

CELTIC could be handed a Champions League reprieve after UEFA began a probe into the eligibility of Legia Warsaw player Bartosz Bereszynskiego.

The defender came on with 88 minutes gone in the second leg tie at Murrayfield with the Polish champions 6-1 up on aggregate.

However, Bereszynskiego was sent off in a Europa League game last December and it is alleged he was ineligible to play against the Hoops.

The 22-year-old was left out of his side's first three European ties this season before facing Celtic with the Poles confident the player had served his three-match ban.

However, it is believed Bereszynski was not properly registered in time to serve his suspension for the second qualifying round tie with Irish club St Patrick’s Athletic.

The Polish champions have now confirmed that UEFA are probing the claims.