Glasgow Celtic

jietjon

Same same Salty, but I don't know much about these pay per view streaming sites, certainly wouldn't mind paying if I knew beforehand that I'd get a decent picture, the stream I found for the game was barely watchable,

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Celtic 2 Hibernian 2 http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19378041

Jonny, I spent a fruitless hour trying to get a live stream. Bloody betting sites and other assorted <deleted> but no game. I think if I had to go through this every week I would lose the will to live. I wonder if CB had any success.

As for the result another sign that the 1/33 favourites are quite vulnerable. Hibs seem to be doing quite well so far and with an Irishman Pat Fenlon in charge I have to admit I am not overcome with regret.

Celtic 2 Hibernian 2 http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19378041

Jonny, I spent a fruitless hour trying to get a live stream. Bloody betting sites and other assorted <deleted> but no game. I think if I had to go through this every week I would lose the will to live. I wonder if CB had any success.

As for the result another sign that the 1/33 favourites are quite vulnerable. Hibs seem to be doing quite well so far and with an Irishman Pat Fenlon in charge I have to admit I am not overcome with regret.

Don't Celtic have a pay per view for people out of the Uk? Or an annual fee? I know that Rangers do.

• 2 weeks later...

Charles Green, owner of “The Rangers Football Club Limited“, formed in May this year, released a remarkable statement yesterday, ahead of the SPL Commission into how Rangers FC, formed in 1872, registered football players for over a decade.

“In short, what was decided by the SPL membership is that Rangers was finished as a member of the SPL. Despite this, the SPL now see the new owners of the company, and the new company itself, which owns all the assets of Rangers FC – including SPL championship titles – as fair game for punishment for matters that have nothing to do with us at all.”

Let the title stripping begin!

I watched the All Ireland Hurling Final last Sunday night in Ryans Irish Bar in Naklua. He was telling me he has everything. Whether he will have Celtic CL matches or not I am afraid I do not know, and also whether he will be open at that hour. It might be worth a visit beforehand to find out. Better at night as he may not be there in the daytime. The bar is about a half mile after the Dolphin Roundabout on the lhs going towards Naklua.

I would expect there may be a few more suggestions from some guys living locally.

I am heading home tomorrow after 4 weeks holiday and will of course be watching in front of a nice fire at 19.45KO all 6 games. I know that will make you guys happy for me.whistling.gif

CB, What the hell are Celtic at when my back is turned? A continuation of the poncing about in League matches. Early goal then everyone goes to sleep for the remainder of the game.

Lenny will need the wisdom of Solomon as he prepares his team sheet for CL action.

I'll bet you didn't enjoy getting off the plane back home to that scoreline, Salty old son. A fine sunny day in Perth which saw only one team turn up . . . . them. Their first goal was a beauty. Great turn from just outside the box. We had gone ahead early but then switched off. They grabbed the winner with 10 minutes to go and they deserved it. Lenny tried out a few new names but noone shone, I'm afraid. The number of supporters in the stands looked small.

From Celtic Quick News;

When we were kings

16th September 2012

Our now-annual defeat against St Johnstone yesterday was a timely reminder of how close to defeat any team can be if they are even slightly off their game. Despite fighting the urge not to be disrespectful to yesterdays’ victors, they are a poor team, previously without a win, bottom of the league and they had to cancel training during the week due to illness in their small squad.

But, they deservedly beat Celtic.

Kris Commons was a bright light among the largely disorganised looking team structure. Tony Watt also did well, even if he is still beating himself up for passing up the best chance of the game in the dying seconds, but defensively we were turned over, the midfield singularly failed to control the ball and Gary Hooper looked miles away from scoring his first league goal of the season.

Did we need a sharp reminder of the level of performance required against Benfica on Wednesday? It looks like it.

When we were kings

Don’t worry too much, a team with Fallon, Gemmell, McNeill, Murdoch, Auld, Johnstone and Wallace were turned over 0-2 at home by Hearts in 1969. A few days later Eusebio and Benfica, who lost the 1968 European Cup final after extra-time, a year after Celtic won the tournament, walked off Celtic Park having lost 3-0.

Artur Jorge played for Benfica that night. Apparently he still lurks in the corridors.

CB, The reason this piece fascinates me is I can remember the night so well. I was working in Dublin at the time and I was able to cadge a half day off work and fly to Glasgow with the supporters club for the game. I did this several times for big European nights. Our bus always passed Ibrox on the way into the City. I always remember the electric atmosphere walking to Paradise on that November night and the thunderbolt Big Tam Gemmell scored after about 3 minutes to put us ahead after a free kick was passed to him by Bobby Murdoch I think.

Those were the golden years of course and our present lot are far far short of that. Despite the anologyI think qualifying for the CL is success for them.

Indeed I did CB. Due to extra time and penalties it ran later than the CL games. Sky Sports news had a guy at the game who was updating the penalty situation amid some silly waffle. Fair to say I was not heartbroken at the outcome.

Regarding tonight I would not be bursting with confidence. Thankfully will not have to watch on red button where you cannot record. I spent last night moving between Arsenal and Man City both of which I was recording and catching up at twice the speed on the action I had missed. Also of couse the effect of sitting by the fire means I always fall asleep for periods. So even in that event I will be able to catch up with the action and will be able to make a few "informed" comments on the game for your edification.whistling.gif

Lets hope your day off will be a most enjoyable one.

Celtic 0 Benfica 0;

Celtic scrapped away gamely without much inspiration it has to be said. I felt relieved at the end with a draw. Benfica looked to me to carry the greater threat and seemed more comfortable on the ball. Terrific display by Scott Brown. Forster made a few good saves. Commons looked the only one with a degree of subtely. Forrest was very quiet.

Overall the game was poor with little in the way of incident. Glad to see Celtic get a point but I feel they are even more unlikely now to come out of this group.

Salty you have your "doomed, I say, doomed" hat on again.

I thought we did okay. Izzaguire can <deleted> off but the rest

of the team were fine. Brown played a blinder. Miku got a

decent christening for CL fitba.

Remember - we never win the first game. Haven't ever.

Looking forward to visiting Spartak now that they have had

their noses rubbed in it. Bound to be a good game.

CB, That would be 5pm BST 11pm your time. Local time in Moscow is 3 hours ahead of BSTso that would be an 8pm KO there. Thank heavens we are going there early October and not late November or early December.

OK maybe I watch too many repeats of Dad's Army "you stupid bhoy".rolleyes.gif Izaguirre is a pale shadow of the player of 2 seasons ago. Dare we think Big Sammy if fit could emerge as a saviour? Needless to say I hope my misgiving turn out to be unjustified.