Re-entry Permit

I have a retirement visa and I need to return to UK for a funeral at the end of the week. How can I get a re-entry stamp at a weekend when offices are closed? How long will it take to process at Immigration on a weekday? What documentation do I need to show? I have been told I need to give a week's notice - this cannot be correct, or can it? Appreciate a prompt reply.

I have a retirement visa and I need to return to UK for a funeral at the end of the week. How can I get a re-entry stamp at a weekend when offices are closed? How long will it take to process at Immigration on a weekday? What documentation do I need to show? I have been told I need to give a week's notice - this cannot be correct, or can it? Appreciate a prompt reply.

You can have a re-entry visa at the airport better try to have 2 pictures with you and arrive a little early.

You need passport/photo/money and about 2 hours wait after filling out the request form at Suan Plu.

You can also obtain at Don Muang prior to flight but after check in upstairs in Terminal 1. Should only take 20 minutes but you must have boarding pass so you would need to check in early enough for this. I do not recommend it for those of us nervous types.

Is a re-entry permit good for only one trip out and back?   Or is it multiple use within a certain time period?  At 1,900 baht it  makes it a bit expensive if it's per trip.

Lung Bing

Single re-entry permit: Baht 1000

Multiple Baht 3800

Either can be applied for and used within the validity of your permit to stay, but will be void the moment you apply for extension of your stay (even if the date of the re-entry is beyond that)

For more than 3 trips, the multiple should be the one to apply for unless you consider the price of your p/port as well, each permit take at least half a page.