Visa For Girlfriend To Visit The Uk

I am toying with the idea of my girlfriend coming to the UK to visit me in the future some time. I have known her over a year and visited her in thailand 3 times for a total of 7 months out of the 13 that i have known her. I am not very wealthy but am able to support her visit. I have many photos showing various hair lenghts from my different visits as i have seen this is an important part of getting visas.

She however is a Bar girl of sorts but i could probably get a letter from her employer as i am good friends with him , saying she has a job to return to if this would help. However that job would be working as a service girl in a bar racking pool tables and serving drinks as she does now when i am not visiting so i am not to sure how much credit this would hold. Would it be worth getting that letter?

I have seen some other posts of requests of simular requests but i think my circumstances are more promising but i am also not a fool and know my chances may be slim but i thought i would check out what you guys (the experts) think as i have been a reader for many months and find the mailing list emails very helpful.

Anyway let me know what you think, what type of visa is best etc...

Thanks

Mike

Your girlfriend should apply for the visa that best suits her purpose: if she only intends to visit at this point, then a visit visa.

The letter of employment should be a true relection of her work. I would strongly caution against obtaining a letter which misrepresents the truth of the matter as, should the embassy find out, your g/f could be effectively barred from having a visa issued for 10 years. You will additionally need more compelling evidence of contact than just photographs. I would suggest evidence of e-mails, phone calls, letters, greetings cards, messenger records etc.

Scouse.

Your girlfriend should apply for the visa that best suits her purpose: if she only intends to visit at this point, then a visit visa.

The letter of employment should be a true relection of her work. I would strongly caution against obtaining a letter which misrepresents the truth of the matter as, should the embassy find out, your g/f could be effectively barred from having a visa issued for 10 years. You will additionally need more compelling evidence of contact than just photographs. I would suggest evidence of e-mails, phone calls, letters, greetings cards, messenger records etc.

Scouse.

I have phone bills with evidence of calling thailand however it is a cheap discount number that you key in the number your calling after you have dialed the initial number so would they accept that as evidence?

(for those who would like it call from any UK landline: 08448613030 its 1p/min to any thai landline or mobile)

soon i will also have plane tickets and bording stubs as we are to be traveling to koh samui and phuket this month. I dont have messanger recordings or many e-mails as i talk to her on the phone ever 2 or 3 days while i am not in thailand so dont contact each other any other way. However messanger may be a possability soon as she may soon have a notebook and internet at her appartment so i can talk to her while i am out of the country.

What is the case with a fiancee visa is it possible for her to enter england on that visa and then return to thailand when it is convienant (before the maximum period is up) and then in the future return again on another fiancee visa? As i am fairly certain i can provide enough evidence of a prolonged relationship with her.

'As i am fairly certain i can provide enough evidence of a prolonged relationship with her. '

Sadly if she is a bar girl so can others.If she has house kids degree business they see reasons to return home.

The UKimmigrations main concern is she'll jump ship and go on the game in Europe no degre or certificates needed !

The reason they think this is based on experience.Young woman are trafficked into 3rd countries.

You will find it all more straight forward once married of course the sex stops! Good luck

What is the case with a fiancee visa is it possible for her to enter england on that visa and then return to thailand

A fiancee visa is what is says. For your fiancee to come to the Uk and you then get married :o

I'm not sure what happens if you don't...Scouse?

RAZZ

I am toying with the idea of my girlfriend coming to the UK to visit me in the future some time. I have known her over a year and visited her in thailand 3 times for a total of 7 months out of the 13 that i have known her. I am not very wealthy but am able to support her visit. I have many photos showing various hair lenghts from my different visits as i have seen this is an important part of getting visas.

She however is a Bar girl of sorts but i could probably get a letter from her employer as i am good friends with him , saying she has a job to return to if this would help. However that job would be working as a service girl in a bar racking pool tables and serving drinks as she does now when i am not visiting so i am not to sure how much credit this would hold. Would it be worth getting that letter?

I have seen some other posts of requests of simular requests but i think my circumstances are more promising but i am also not a fool and know my chances may be slim but i thought i would check out what you guys (the experts) think as i have been a reader for many months and find the mailing list emails very helpful.

Anyway let me know what you think, what type of visa is best etc...

Thanks

Mike

under no circumstances let the embassy know she work bar..even as cashier if ever there was one!!! holiday visa is ur best bet,,,keep all emails,reciepts from hotels u stayed in,,phtos of yous,not in bars!!!! photos of u up country in her home with kids and family...good luck mate..

under no circumstances let the embassy know she work bar..even as cashier if ever there was one!!! holiday visa is ur best bet,,,keep all emails,reciepts from hotels u stayed in,,phtos of yous,not in bars!!!! photos of u up country in her home with kids and family...good luck mate..

I know several girls who had "work bar" and gained visit visas.

Just tell the truth.

RAZZ

P.S To the OP - What does "bar girl of sorts" mean?

Edited by RAZZELL

as far as i know a fiancee visa means the girl comes to the UK with the intention of getting married in the UK within the 6 months allowed.

my gf is an ex bar girl and getting a visa could be hard due to 'reason to return', but if we did decide to marry could i bring her to the UK on a fiancee visa with the intention of marrying in Thailand?

So if i'm married (unworking wife, used to work 'du mall') and have a daughter :o , can I get a visa easily? I have 'only' my retired mother in the UK so am concerned about who can guarantee...

Im 36 and she's 23 if that makes a difference and married 2 years.

Thanks in advance 4 any help.

Tony.

0844 200 9898 is 0.5p per minute :o

But is there not also a flat-rate surcharge of 5p per call (not a small consideration given the unreliability of connections to Thailand, which means that calls made via UK access numbers frequently need to be redialled in my experience)?

Anyway, reverting to the main subject of this thread, have you chaps with ex-bargirl partners considered the possibility of marrying your sweethearts in Thailand? That would then presumably improve their chances of getting the necessary visas to join you in the UK.

Having said that, the process is far from straightforward. Firstly, you would need to obtain a 60-day tourist or 90-day long-stay Thai visa (unless you were prepared to rely on the 30-day exemption which will be automatically stamped into your passport on arrival in Thailand as augmented, if necessary, by a maximum of 2 border runs giving 90 days in total). Then you would need to obtain an affirmation confirming your freedom to marry from the British Embassy in Bangkok, which will then need to be translated into Thai for the benefit of the registrar at the amphur who will conduct the marriage ceremony.

There is a useful note on all this on the Thai Hull Consulate website at http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/ (which, unfortunately, seems to be down at the present time).

You would also probably need to stump up for a dowry payment to her family - although, if she is an ex-bargirl, the amount need not be relatively large. Your Thai friends (or maybe even your partner) should be able to advise you further on this point.

Scouse.

Scouse: Your understanding of the visa application process is much greater than mine i'm sure, but from what i do know, having just gone through it all myself (successfully), it would seem that this guys chances are extremely slim, to put it mildly. Although i think it's great that you give people encouragement and advice no matter what the chances are, it might perhaps help to give this guy some idea of his odds, just so he knows what he's up against (if he doesn't already). Not that of course you can predict the result of an application , but you've obviously seen enough to have a good idea.

I just think that were i this guy, rather than getting my hopes up, i'd prefer to be told straight that the chances were close to zero and that it would be better to wait until i had built up a stronger case and perhaps done something to change the girl's current employment situation, if that's possible.

Or have i got it all wrong and does this case really have a chance in h*ll?

You're right that it's not always possible to predict the outcome: I've seen some good applications which have been refused and others which perceptibly didn't stand a chance, but which sailed through. It really can be a capricious business.

That the OP's girlfriend works in a bar does not automatically mean that the application won't succeed, but it's not the sort of employment one can rely upon as a means to leave the UK at the end of the proposed stay. On the assumption that the OP can demonstrate maintenance and accommodation, it really will boil down to the strength and depth of his realtionship with his girlfriend. That he has known her for in excess of one year and that they have spent 7 months of that time together are positive factors, providing that these claims can be substantiated through supporting evidence.

Based on the above interpretation, I'd say the OP's girlfriend would stand a fair-to-middling chance of success and, of course, if no application is made, then there will be no chance of success.

Scouse.

Do not be too downhearted on getting visa's to the UK for a spouse.

I met my wife in a bar in the February of 2006, was married in July 2006 and got the visa, follwoing a 2 minute interview at the Embassy in August 2006.

The approach I took when preparing the documents was to ensure that I DID not tell a lie. I did not lie abut my wife's past but nor did I metion it. I just mentioned that she worked in Pattaya but by the time the application went in she had well left and was living at home with her parents. (Had documents to show it - SHe got a job locally)

Also I was using a pay as you go mobile and I put a freedom of information request to O2 to release the record of calls made. I too used the cheap phone services but the numbers are dedicated to the country

One thing I did do, which was very strong, was to spend time with her family, and we had photos to show. This clearly showed integration into the family, which can be seen as a big step for both a Thai girl and a Farang like me.

I looked at the Immigration riles and produced my application in order to answer each of the questions. MY thinking was that if I tick a box in each of those then I stand a very good chance. My wife arrived in the UK on the 18th Spetember 2006.

Meeting to Arrivval in the UK = 7 months

Remember - You don't have to tell the truth, just don't tell a lie

Best thing I ever did

RobLPL

In a nutshell, there is no duty of candour:-

the Court of Appeal has held (in the case of IRACKI) that there is no positive duty of candour on an applicant to volunteer information to the entry clearance officer unless he is given an indication of the kind of information which is material to the application.

Scouse.