Tow Truck Service

gpdjohn

Is there a tow truck service here in CM?

My powerful Vespa decided to run at 1, 000,000 RPM yesterday ( broken throttle cable I think ) I'm sure if you live in the Meechoc area you must have heard the sonic boom, but alas don't really want to push it the 15k distance to the scooter shop.

Checking everywhere, I cannot seem to find a tow service.

Does anyone know if there is any??

Gracias in advance...

I would say, go outside your place with a couple hundred baht and look for a man with a pickup truck. In short order he will have about three of his friends and they will be happy to transport the cycle for you.

Sometimes we need to think outside the box a bit...

"TIT- This is Thailand"

and some days just so much better than where I come from.

Called the shop ( Suchart Vespa Shop, alittle plug here..THE best Vespa guy in CM ) They sent a guy out right away, thought maybe it was the throttle cable. He came equipted, opened "er" up and said it has to go to the shop..carb was sticking in the open position ( i knew I shoulda been a Vespa mechanic instead of a govt employee ) and he proceeded to load the mighty one into his truck and off we went.

Fixed right away and cost was minimal. ( less than the price of a cab ride )

Back home in AZ, it woulda cost me maybe 200 dollars for them just to look at it, would have told me to pack in in my ass for them to send someone to my house, and another 400 dollars to have them fix it in maybe a few days..and the cost of a tow truck ( or a friends truck for beer, if I could find any) well, it would have been a very expensive day.

For a Vespa owner...

Chiang Mai couldn't get much better.

One happy little man now. :o

Hi. There is a Thai motorcycle mechanic whom I have used often in the past with excellent home-repair service and a low price. He caters to motorcycle problems within the immediate surround of CMai, but may go out to your area. He speaks Thai only. You will need an interpreter to describe the problem, denote your exact locale, and negotiate a price for a home-visit outside CMai. Tel: 089 759 9910.( hope tel is allowed, as he does not advertise, it's by word of mouth. Good luck. A valuable service for most of us, IMHO, especially when you have an impending appointment but your M/C needs help. :o