Daily Mail - Uk

sassienie

My wife said on Satarday a English man had been murdered by is wife less than 10 km,s from our home but no one new of any details, i was shocked to hear this, its so peiceful up here you don,t think of it happening on your own doorstep.

But reading the story it far excedes any notion i had on how the poor man could have died i mean 7 hours they left him to dye, psychopath springs to mind here.

Not that the origin of a person as anything to do with people that murder but appently she is Cambodian the village she is from is a Cambodian community.

May he rest in piece

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still mind boggling as how far people are willing to do for the money, and

If only the farangs can learn from each other mistakes, then nothing likes this would happen or less likely.

But what is there to learn Teacup, and how?

By not trusting Thai woman, or not buying land or a house in her name ?? Not marrying a Thai woman?

It is not the first time this has happened and all starts out as a normal relationship until the true nature of the beast comes forward.

Should we now look upon Thai woman as all being the same? You want us to learn that? I am sure you donot.

You know the answer already, it's in Life 101

Learn how to use your common sense and don't ever put all your eggs in the one basket.

How difficult can it be?

Unless your think that having or using common sense is not so common after all.

True, common sense is the answer. But common sense is the expectation too.

I don't know if you are married, but if, does your husband apply that common sense to you? Would you like that or understand? Please don't answer , i am just trying to see it in the everyday perspective.

I don't think we will learn from this, because these horrible things are not a real part of life as we would like it to be, we don't think about maybe getting killed by the one we love.

It doesn't exist, it only happens to someone else, not me, not us....

Life wouldn't be fun if these things were on our mind.

Regards

Some of us have already learned about the nature of some and that is why many would rather rent a house or buy a condo, also why many would rather pay a woman month by month to live with them than buy a house and land.

The sheer greed of this guys wife is beyond the pale.

I can imagine him waiting - as he was - for the court hearing to try and salvage something of his original assets and realising that the nearer it came to the court hearing the more he was in danger. Yet still hoping that a peaceful settlement would be the outcome.

A shameful waste of life and a warning to others to take care - if others listen.

I am sad to hear of yet another 'Farang' death in questionable circumstances.

My wife said on Saturday a English man had been murdered by is wife less than 10 km,s from our home but no one new of any details, i was shocked to hear this, its so pieceful up here you don,t think of it happening on your own doorstep.

But reading the story it far exceeds any notion i had on how the poor man could have died i mean 7 hours they left him to dye, psychopath springs to mind here.

Not that the origin of a person as anything to do with people that murder but apparently she is Cambodian the village she is from is a Cambodian community.

May he rest in piece

Don't rationalise her background with her personal evil nastiness , my wife is Khmer Thai and she and her

family are the most wonderful human beings ...... So yes you insulted with your posting . :o

This tragic report was all over the Thai press earlier this week - Hats off the the Daily Mail for reporting it.

A couple of points to note:

It did not appear in the English Language Press in Thailand (not yet anyway)

Until it was reported in the Daily Mail - and here on TV- the vast majority of foreigners living in Thailand were totally (and I would say blissfully) unaware of this murder.

It is a tragedy, and it is a wicket crime.

But it is also an example of how crime that is not reported seemingly does not exist and therefore a good example of why there is a difference in perception about crime in Thailand between Foreigners living in Thailand who do not normally have access to news like this and Thai who do.

This tragic report was all over the Thai press earlier this week - Hats off the the Daily Mail for reporting it.

Until it was reported in the Daily Mail - and here on TV- the vast majority of foreigners living in Thailand were totally (and I would say blissfully) unaware of this murder.

But it is also an example of how crime that is not reported seemingly does not exist and therefore a good example of why there is a difference in perception about crime in Thailand between Foreigners living in Thailand who do not normally have access to news like this and Thai who do.

I think that's a pretty good point. Afterall, the Thai Government does not want negative images of this country being published. I need to check, but I did see in another report about this heinous crime, that the wife was Cambodian, and the village that he was living in was a predominantly Cambodian community. So, in essence, it's not a Thai problem..... :o

A sad waste of a life, and with any luck some justice on the murderers will be served.

And these crimes will continue while the Thai law biases rights on Thais more than farangs.. While farangs are unable to effectively protect thier assets and investments (except by not making them) they will continue to be open to these abuses.

It all comes down to being treated equally under law, then these events would be a lot less likely to happen.

i find it really sad that apparently the poor bloke knew what was in store for him, yet had no recourse to prevent it...? That disturbs me.

Htf can anyone end up in that situation? :o

About time the <deleted> that perpetrate these crimes were made an example of. I volunteer to man the machine gun.

Another good post from Guesthouse.

The crime rates including the murder rates here are very high.

I hope the killers are punished to the full extent of the law.

It's still mind boggling as how far people are willing to do for the money, and

If only the farangs can learn from each other mistakes, then nothing likes this would happen or less likely.

But what is there to learn Teacup, and how?

By not trusting Thai woman, or not buying land or a house in her name ?? Not marrying a Thai woman?

It is not the first time this has happened and all starts out as a normal relationship until the true nature of the beast comes forward.

Should we now look upon Thai woman as all being the same? You want us to learn that? I am sure you donot.

You know the answer already, it's in Life 101

Learn how to use your common sense and don't ever put all your eggs in the one basket.

How difficult can it be?

Unless your think that having or using common sense is not so common after all.

And I don't really like for what just happened to him, but the reality is........It also takes two to tango, don't you think so?

I can't imagine you would blame the victim of a homicide for his own demise, would you teacup?

You are a better and smarter person than that.

What ever his particular "dance" happened to be, we are only speculating now, would it justify his murder?

Well said Carib. It's something we would rather not contemplate I think.

My heart goes out to the victims family.

~WISteve

You should be happy Teacup has said 'two' to tango. She usually lays the blame for everything and anything bad the Thais do squarely on the shoulders of the farang.

. . . problem is you will still be living in that old council house back home... :boring

Doubtless the late Mr. Ian Beeston, RIP, came to wish ferverently he'd remained living in that old council house. Me, I'd also rather be bored than dead.

I know a guy that after a whirlwind 3 month romance bought the house, the Lexus, jewelry and to top it off a USD300,000 life insurance policy to secure his wife's future if something happened to him. Dead Man Walking! Even without her complicity someone in her Thai family who will share in this "lottery win" WILL kill him.

I know others, as most of us do, that are at risk and share common risk factors like this tragic victim. Greed and avarice are strong motivators. Face is also at play here. I may be wrong but sending the wife to live in the doghouse or shed no matter what the circumstances will cause an extreme loss of face for the Thai wife. Certainly no justification for what she eventually did buy it may have sealed the deal. The loss of face with her family and friends would have been unbearable. I always advise people in these situations to separate and put at least one international boarder between the waring parties. It appears that this was not a viable option in the case.

On the subject of "What were they thinking and how did they expect to get away with it"? These are not educated people and are acting on instinct. After the initial outline of a conspiracy was formed little or no thought was given the the consequences of their actions. Very similar to a pet dog killing the pet cat however the dog would be far more remorseful in this case.

A very sad situation. RIP

. . . problem is you will still be living in that old council house back home... :boring

Doubtless the late Mr. Ian Beeston, RIP, came to wish ferverently he'd remained living in that old council house. Me, I'd also rather be bored than dead.

I am not sure about this and we will never be able to ask Mr Beeston. Life is meant to be lived and choices need to be made. Some people like a life less ordinary and choose to travel across the world to hook up with younger women. It can often be a mistake - especially with hindsight.

On the other hand, we are all going to die and for many of us it will be a painful end. Torture comes in many forms. Greed is in no way limited to Thailand, and I have met plenty of old people in the west whose children are just waiting for them to die so they can get their grubby hands on the money - although most of them do not go to the same extreme measures as Mrs Beeston.

In this life we make our choices and pay the price. That women and her boyfriend will pay their price also.

British man murdered by his Thai bride and her lover ... just weeks after he predicted his own violent death

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 9:48 PM on 11th August 2008

• <LI class=first>
comment.gifComments (6) white_arrow.gif Add to My Stories

A Briton has been found murdered after predicting that his Thai wife would kill him.

Ian Beeston, a 69-year-old retired design engineer, was beaten and stabbed to death at his home in a village in the north-eastern Thai province of Roi-Et.

His body was found on Saturday. Yesterday, his wife Wacheerawan, 42, and her Thai lover, Somchit Janong, 48, were arrested and charged with murder.

article-1043623-023DF4C000000578-842_468x557.jpg

Predicted fate: Ian Beeston (right) with his wife Wachareewan

Mr Beeston, who had grown-up children from a previous marriage, had predicted his death in a letter saying: 'It is just a matter of time now. I am in real fear for my own life.' He left the letter with lawyers.

The pensioner, who had worked at Ford's Dagenham plant, had been beaten and stabbed to death. Police said it took him seven hours to die.

Yesterday as the pair were arrested, horrified onlookers, shocked at the callous killing, jeered and shouted 'hia' (lizard) - a strong Thai insult..

Trouble started just four months ago when Beeston, married nine years to his 42-year-old Thai wife Wacheerawan, nicknamed 'Wanna', discovered that she had cashed in all the property he had bought in Thailand at a local bank.

article-1043623-023DF4C300000578-204_468x441.jpg

Caught out: Wachareewan Beeston, 42, and her lover Songchit Janon

He had invested all his life savings in over an acre of property and built his marital home, a guesthouse and a restaurant near a village called Suwannaphum, meaning 'Golden Land'.

Thai newspapers this week described him home as "palatial". But under Thai law, as foreigners cannot own property he had put it in his wife's name.

"I thought she loved me but she just wanted my cash," penniless divorcee Beeston, who arrived in Thailand with £350,000 told friends at the time. He then asked his wife to leave the marital home and live in a shack with corrugated iron room nearby.

And he began selling all moveable objects in the house and restaurant piece by piece to survive until he could legally get the funds to return home.

"It was like he has signed his own death warrant," said neighbour Andrew Herrington, 51, a retired HGV driver from Sheldon, Birmingham.

article-1043623-023DF4BD00000578-301_468x653.jpg

Cold-blooded: Songchit Janon, 48, shows police how he clubbed and then stabbed to death the British design engineer

"His wife lived behind the main house with her Thai boyfriend. Every time we went to visit she would come out and scream and order us away. 'This is my house. This is my land.'

"Ian knew that he was going to be murdered. He had already complained that while he was away she had put something inside a beer in his fridge.

"He had felt ill. So he sent the beer away for analysis to a local hospital. He was awaiting the results.

"But it was an open secret in the area that Ian was going to be murdered, but she had a secret police lover.

"When I recently went home to Birmingham a policeman told me: 'Perhaps your friend will not be alive when you come back'.

"So when I went to his house on Sunday and saw his car was there and the house locked up, I knew then his time had come. His wife came out shouting at me and my wife to go away. We decided to call the police.

article-1043623-023DF24700000578-749_468x286.jpg

Murder scene: The 'tropical palace' where the Briton was knifed to death

"When they came they found his badly beaten body.

"Ian was a nice and charming man, always helping others.

"But secretly he was broke and he had nowhere to go once his home had been taken away from him."

Neighbour Bill Lamb, from Woolagong in Australia, said: "He told us all he was going to be murdered, and quite frankly we believed him, and thought so too.

"Friends had brought him a stun gun, a tazer, to use to protect himself. We wanted him to go home to England but he was spending his last pennies trying to get his property back. He was due in court today."

Under Thai divorce law the couple would have had to share their assets 50-50. Police believe his wife wanted everything and way of getting that was to have him killed.

article-1043623-023DF4C600000578-302_468x286.jpg

Plan: Wachareewan Beeston explains why she decided to have her husband bumped off

"For the last three months he had been a prisoner in his own house. We have been bringing him food, but he has been living on mashed potatoes."

Police Captain Patapong Patniboon of Suwannaphum Police said: "Ian Beeston's wife and a Thai friend from Petchabun Province, Somchit Janong, 48, have both been arrested for her murder. We have assured the British Embassy that the investigation will be thorough."

A British Embassy official said that attempts were being made to trace Beeston's grown up children, who had moved abroad, and his ex-wife.

• Three years ago Briton Toby Charnaud, a gentleman farmer aged 42, was beaten to death, barbecued and his body fed to the tigers in Kaeng Krajan national park in Thailand after he divorced his Thai wife and removed her from his will. She was later charged and convicted with other relatives.

Comments (6)Here's what readers have had to say so far. Why not add your thoughts below?

I'm sorry for the man and the awful way he met his end, but when these naive men ever learn ?

- Jean, Blackburn, Lancs, 11/8/2008 19:45

Don't these types of men realise that the Thia women only want them for their money? I doubt if a much younger women would want an old, foreign man if they didn't have money!

- Elaine, Bournemouth, UK, 11/8/2008 19:22

This is a shocking tale and hopefully it will put some men off these mail order brides.

- Adam, Leeds, UK, 11/8/2008 19:13

why have you started another thread? its already running with many hits,surley you cant of missed it? :o

The bad news threads are always a big hit on Thai visa. Obviously issanpaul thinks that it deserves two threads :D

why have you started another thread? its already running with many hits,surley you cant of missed it? :D

The bad news threads are always a big hit on Thai visa. Obviously issanpaul thinks that it deserves two threads :D

:D:D i never started the 2nd thread :o

The pattern is there and always has been there, for these guys

Short romance/courtship, too much different in social economic and/or the ages…..and it is usually after the wife/gf got the land and house, then she will try to go after the rest of his assets if possible…. even if she has to kill you.

Read and seen too many times……just about same same pattern

If I were these guys......I would be keeping the majority of my money outside thailand, out of reach from these girls, and in many accounts/forms.

My wife said on Saturday a English man had been murdered by is wife less than 10 km,s from our home but no one new of any details, i was shocked to hear this, its so pieceful up here you don,t think of it happening on your own doorstep.

But reading the story it far exceeds any notion i had on how the poor man could have died i mean 7 hours they left him to dye, psychopath springs to mind here.

Not that the origin of a person as anything to do with people that murder but apparently she is Cambodian the village she is from is a Cambodian community.

May he rest in piece

Don't rationalise her background with her personal evil nastiness , my wife is Khmer Thai and she and her

family are the most wonderful human beings ...... So yes you insulted with your posting . :o

I did not post that comment to insult anyone, if you read again you will see. Not that the origin of a person as anything to do with people that murder. It was to help stop the Thai bashing that i see so much on TV, if she was English as i am i would not find that statement offencive, what will you do when the media starts to mention this complain to the editer.

why have you started another thread? its already running with many hits,surley you cant of missed it? :D

The bad news threads are always a big hit on Thai visa. Obviously issanpaul thinks that it deserves two threads :(

:D:D i never started the 2nd thread :o

Sorry issanpaul. I always get you mixed up with daihard :D

The pattern is there and always has been there, for these guys

Short romance/courtship, too much different in social economic and/or the ages…..and it is usually after the wife/gf got the land and house, then she will try to go after the rest of his assets if possible…. even if she has to kill you.

Read and seen too many times……just about same same pattern

If I were these guys......I would be keeping the majority of my money outside thailand, out of reach from these girls, and in many accounts/forms.

Short romance ??

Trouble started just four months ago when Beeston, married nine years to his 42-year-old Thai wife Wacheerawan, nicknamed 'Wanna'

Reported in the Telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...-own-death.html

Khun mali...

How old are you? I'm sure you can not be that naived and you should know by now that.....

It is the STRENGHT…..not the “length” of the relationship, that’s matter

Edited by teacup

Maybe i should have posted something Saturday when the misses told me, so i,m sorry i did,nt at least say something basic on here, but as i new nothing only they were saying farang die today, but reading it as knocked me sick as to how evil this women is i did think the Thai papers would have reported this though, but as you say thanks to the daily mail.

Khun mali...

How old are you? I'm sure you can not be that naived and you should know by now that.....

It is the STRENGHT…..not the "length" of the relationship, that's matter

Thats your thinking of it i take some point on it but don,t totaly agree i,m 44 married 23 years before i divorced. I,d just like to know how you already seem to now the history of this relationship it may have only turned soar a short time ago wait for the facts to come man.

I am shocked.

I am truly shocked!!

How can these people do such a thing? how do they justify it to themselves?

Like another poster has said...This is an all too common occurrence.

Whats going on out there?

So sad Jim, may you rest in peace mate.

Just maybe this is the Thai way.

this is a very sad case, considering many people KNEW he was going to be murdered?

why was he not given protection, or consult the British Embassy? and why did his friends only give him a stun gun?, very sad indeed.

RIP