Daily Mail - Uk

sassienie

this is a very sad case, considering many people KNEW he was going to be murdered?

why was he not given protection, or consult the British Embassy? and why did his friends only give him a stun gun?, very sad indeed.

RIP

i agree with your posting all but the British Embassy point,i dont think there would of been any help?its a very sad story this i dont like to read this thread but i keep coming back to it , R.I.P.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a very sad case, considering many people KNEW he was going to be murdered?

why was he not given protection, or consult the British Embassy? and why did his friends only give him a stun gun?, very sad indeed.

RIP

i agree with your posting all but the British Embassy point,i dont think there would of been any help?its a very sad story this i dont like to read this thread but i keep coming back to it , R.I.P.

We have never walked a mile in that poor mans shoes and i hope we never will but as the story says he must have been skint and desparate to get his hands on half the house money - how it was to be monetised though is anybody's guess - who would buy it and the wifewould not have the 50% to pay him off.

RIP

RIP

come to think of it , the embassey probably would be no help, but his friends should have taken him in, if i knew my friend was going to be murdered i would step out of my way to help.

But i also read the police in the UK knew of the murder as well before it happened?

"When I recently went home to Birmingham a policeman told me: 'Perhaps your friend will not be alive when you come back'.

again RIP

Edited by Boater

The pattern is there and always has been there, for these guys

Short romance/courtship,

Read and seen too many times……just about same same pattern

Hed been married nearly a decade !!!

errrr.....why did you just cut and paste only the partial?

and.....Am I suppose to say something back? :o

It did not appear in the English Language Press in Thailand (not yet anyway) Until it was reported in the Daily Mail - and here on TV- the vast majority of foreigners living in Thailand were totally (and I would say blissfully) unaware of this murder.

Yes, this particular incident, but not the general phenomenon of old gits being done in by their much younger GF/wifes and/or her family for monetary gain is well known. As mentioned in the article, the farang-yang incident last year was widely reported in the Thai media, and anyone who has lived in LOS for any amount of time surely has experienced or heard of reports of killings and kicking-out of homes of farangs by their Thai partners. By the way, these types of crimes happen everywhere everyday...nothing particular to Thailand about this. I don't know the statistics, but isn't the motive for most murders a financial gain on the part of the perpetrator?

Anyone not understanding this...I would recommend a couple viewings of the film noir classic Double Indemnity.

Edited by NotNew2You

I find it difficult to believe that the people guilty of this sort of hounding to death for money would not pause to think that they would be ruining their own lives aswell(assuming they do have a conscience).How could anyone enjoy any money they get by doing this sort of thing?All around you a constant reminder of how disgusting a person you really are.

Edited by uptou

It did not appear in the English Language Press in Thailand (not yet anyway) Until it was reported in the Daily Mail - and here on TV- the vast majority of foreigners living in Thailand were totally (and I would say blissfully) unaware of this murder.

Yes, this particular incident, but not the general phenomenon of old gits being done in by their much younger GF/wifes and/or her family for monetary gain is well known. As mentioned in the article, the farang-yang incident last year was widely reported in the Thai media, and anyone who has lived in LOS for any amount of time surely has experienced or heard of reports of killings and kicking-out of homes of farangs by their Thai partners. By the way, these types of crimes happen everywhere everyday...nothing particular to Thailand about this. I don't know the statistics, but isn't the motive for most murders a financial gain on the part of the perpetrator?

Anyone not understanding this...I would recommend a couple viewings of the film noir classic Double Indemnity.

True they do happen everyday, but the trick is not to put anything in any one elses name unless your prepared to give it to them and forfit all interest in it! This a basic economic law of common sense.

(teacup @ 2008-08-12 11:52:24) post_snapback.gifThe pattern is there and always has been there, for these guys

Short romance/courtship,

Teacup is referring to the time between meeting & marriage.

By the way, these types of crimes happen everywhere everyday...nothing particular to Thailand about this.

I am not sure about that :o .

Edited by sylviex

Some girls have been treated like crap all their lives by local guys (not saying that's the case here) and then they get treated like crap by foreign guys (not saying that's the case here). In the latter case, the potential insurance/property/etc. windfall is just a little too tempting for uneducated gals (and guys) who never had anything and had long ago decided that shortcuts instead of hard work was the key to a comfortable life.

:o

By the way, these types of crimes happen everywhere everyday...nothing particular to Thailand about this.

Are you serious...is not the first person investigated by the police in the case of a murder anywhere in the world the surviving husband or wife of the deceased, or some other next of kin? Isn't the first area examined the finances surrounding the people involved in the case as that's usually the motive for most murders?

Do you think the phenomenon of "black widows" is somehow unique to Thailand? If you do, you are sorely mistaken.

Are you serious...is not the first person investigated by the police in the case of a murder anywhere in the world the surviving husband or wife of the deceased, or some other next of kin? Isn't the first area examined the finances surrounding the people involved in the case as that's usually the motive for most murders?

Do you think the phenomenon of "black widows" is somehow unique to Thailand? If you do, you are sorely mistaken.

I mean the whole scenario, as described by Teacup.

I have no idea of statistics in other countries but we seem to hear a story like this every few months here. Perhaps it just seems like a lot ?

I certainly don't recall anything similar in Australia, certainly not at the same frequency.

Comments (6)Here's what readers have had to say so far. Why not add your thoughts below?

I'm sorry for the man and the awful way he met his end, but when these naive men ever learn ?

- Jean, Blackburn, Lancs, 11/8/2008 19:45

Don't these types of men realise that the Thia women only want them for their money? I doubt if a much younger women would want an old, foreign man if they didn't have money!

- Elaine, Bournemouth, UK, 11/8/2008 19:22

Comments from UK women show teir indifference and dare I say "scathing contempt" for the savage (And it was savage) murder of a human being.

Quote: JEAN. above.

I must be naive also since I live with a Thai also? Reason??? learned after 22years of marriage I could never keep my UK wife happy.

Quote: Elaine. Above

My Quote: I doubt if a much younger man would want an old, foreign WOMAN if they didn't have money?

For Gawds sake a man has lost his life, his children a father?? Yet, in your, (UK female) eyes he is to blame

Split with my wife a few years ago, defining moment was when she took a piece of 4 x 2 timber to my face and head when I was sleeping in bed. Eldest son saved me and called the ambulance. (She could not remember in the morning when she woke up in the cells). If roles were reversed methinks I would still be eating porridge.

Since I worked abroad, she kept the house, cars shares etc..............................sounds familar???? I arrrived in Thailand with my job and pension. Now she wants me back since she is assest rich, cash poor. Me, cash rich but assests poor. If I go back she gets a % of my cash.......I get no assests....sounds familar.

What I am trying to say (badly). Thai women may/do kill you. My wife tried to kill me (she still cannot remember??) failed. But she tried then to break me financially and mentally.

In other words....Not one female has the moral high ground. They are what their husband earns, or is worth when he dies, whether natural or not.

R.I.P. Ian Beeston, not your time to go. May god take care

Condolences to the friends and family of the deceased.

I hope the lesson that is learned by others is that no matter what, protect your interests. Make sure you have some money squirreled away that is accessible only by yourself. We live in a dangerous world at a dangerous time. As foreigners, we never know when we will have to leave the country.

I would be curious as to what type of a visa he had. If he was retired, shouldn't he have 400,000 or 800,000 baht in the bank?

he didnt deserve it but he did look for it marrying the poorest and least educated girl he could find. She's also pretty ugly so definitely had a very mediocre life and as a result will be susceptible to go mad over money.. Sad truth.

"he didnt deserve it but he did look for it marrying the poorest and least educated girl he could find. She's also pretty ugly so defineatly had a mediocre life ................ "

Get a life (excuse pun) - since when have wealth, education and looks had anything to do with right & wrong, and what do you mean "he did go looking for it"?

I am amazed at some of these posts.Hang on a minute petite who is uneducated,it certainly sounds like you,are you ugly too.

The replys are typical of sad uk ladies who do not understand Thailand and have never been to the place.

Nothing worse than a woman scorned though,thai or english.

ELAINE,BOURNEMOUTH.

She says this should put men off geting mail order brides.

what a load of twaddle,again typical of the sterotype english woman,grossly overweight and breasts on the floor.

thats me doing the same,making assumptions based on no fact.

Some girls have been treated like crap all their lives by local guys (not saying that's the case here) and then they get treated like crap by foreign guys (not saying that's the case here). In the latter case, the potential insurance/property/etc. windfall is just a little too tempting for uneducated gals (and guys) who never had anything and had long ago decided that shortcuts instead of hard work was the key to a comfortable life.

:o

Post a distasteful slur on a murder victim (with a weak disclaimer) AND THEN put a smiley face as a bizarre talisman against any criticism that may ensue.

RIP

come to think of it , the embassey probably would be no help, but his friends should have taken him in, if i knew my friend was going to be murdered i would step out of my way to help.

But i also read the police in the UK knew of the murder as well before it happened?

"When I recently went home to Birmingham a policeman told me: 'Perhaps your friend will not be alive when you come back'.

again RIP

The writer is refering to a Thai policeman: 'when you come back' - to Thailand.

I think the danger for many foreigners is their naievety. I have came across so many guys over the years who 'dive in head first' with some younger uneducated Thai girl, when it obvious for any observer that they are quite frankly repulsed by them. I can recall many similar happenings - but unfortunatley for the victim the murderer often walks once advised to use abuse (e.g.) as mitigation in their defence. The courts are only to willing to scoop up moneys from the estate in way of an extraordinarily large fine.

ELAINE,BOURNEMOUTH.

She says this should put men off geting mail order brides.

what a load of twaddle,again typical of the sterotype english woman,grossly overweight and breasts on the floor.

thats me doing the same,making assumptions based on no fact.

:o:D:D

Around about 100 Husbands in UK kill their wives per year, and an average of 30 wives kill their husbands. Christ knows what the stats are in USA.

The thing is, that the people who commit these crimes have virtually no chance of getting away with it......

The mind boggles.

RIP to the man in this case.

I don't think it is as much how long the couple where married, as what was the basis of their relationship?!

He seemingly arrived in Thailand with GBP350K (not a small amount) and was at the time of his death virtually penniless - even the assets in the house he had paid for having been stripped via a bank loan.

His murder is not some sudden occurance, the article provides ample evidence that his murder was expected - most pittifully of all by the victim himself.

What has clearly happened is this man has been slowly stripped of his wealth and when he's wised up to what has happened he's been murdered to prevent him recovering any of his money.

The focus is of course on the murder, and let's hope that justice is served.

But I wonder what kind of living hel_l he's been going through these past 9 years?

This is one murder that hits the headlines, the other case quoted is another - both dispicable.

But how many guys I wonder are living this lie of being bled dry and then finally find them selves in a position where they're are spent up with nowhere to go?

If the Daily Mail article causes only one Farang heading to Thailand to pause for thought, then once again well done the Daily Mail.

The pattern is there and always has been there, for these guys

Short romance/courtship,

errrr.....why did you just cut and paste only the partial?

and.....Am I suppose to say something back? :D

Teacup?

I can see what the others are trying to make/have you see. :D Is that after 9 years his behaviour in some way gives her the mitigating circumstances for your percieved stance that she may not be completely to blame and in some way he was at fault.

Not taking a pop at you, :o but, reprint your posts only this time swap genders. Then you might see from a female side what others are seeing from a male perspective??

Around about 100 Husbands in UK kill their wives per year, and an average of 30 wives kill their husbands. Christ knows what the stats are in USA.

And it is not just a phenomenon that occurs in Farang-Thai relationships. There are regular media reports of Thai-Thai marriages and menage-a-trios that end with someone ending up at the bottom of a klong so that property, cars, other loves, or life insurance proceeds may be obtained.

Don't forget the infamous case a number of years back of the Bangkok pathologist who sliced and diced his Chula professor wife and flushed her remains down a hotel toilet (with the bits and pieces being retrieved by the police out of the hotel's septic tank).

Let us hope this poor man didn't die in vain. Please learn a lesson from this tragedy. Never, ever buy real estate in your Thai mate's name, no matter how much you think the love and trust is real.

It is not our fault the Thai government policies make it impossible to own land in our names, but we certainly can protect ourselves, and if your mate doesn't understand, maybe they don't really love you as much as you think they do.

A related question I have is how often do you think farangs are murdered by their Thai mates when the Thai mate knows or thinks they are named in the farang's will? I don't have an easy answer for that one as many of us reasonably want to help out our Thai mates this way.

Edited by Jingthing

Thanks, Maigo.

It would be interesting to know the figures here, in Thai/Thai as well as Thai/Foreigner relationships.

One shocking aspect of stories like this one is that it has seemingly been the intention to get the money all along, and at any cost.

I am not sure if that's so often a factor in, say, Britain or Australia ? I'd have thought drunken violence/psychosis/"passion" etc. would be more commonly involved. If someone killed their spouse for money they'd need to do it more surreptitiously, would they not ?