How To Translate Thai Invoice To English

conradrosuelo

Hi Guys,

I'm working in an Accounts Payable Department here in the Philippines and my new assignment is to process invoices coming from Thailand. I'm having a problem on translating the THAI to English just to make sure that I apply the correct TAX matters.

Can somebody help me to use the available dictionaries, I'm using the image of invoice (PDF and TIFF format) as my reference, how can I copy the characters in THAI to this TOOL.

I will appreciate your help regarding on this matter.

Conrad :o

Hi Guys,

I'm working in an Accounts Payable Department here in the Philippines and my new assignment is to process invoices coming from Thailand. I'm having a problem on translating the THAI to English just to make sure that I apply the correct TAX matters.

Can somebody help me to use the available dictionaries, I'm using the image of invoice (PDF and TIFF format) as my reference, how can I copy the characters in THAI to this TOOL.

just to clarify...do you mean that you can't read thai or type it?

if so, your job is quite tricky. perhaps if you have good quality image files you can use a Thai OCR (optical character recognition) program to extract the words, then paste them into your translation software. otherwise, you might be able to use a PDF->DOC converter program. i haven't tried this latter option myself - perhaps someone else will be able to comment.

honestly, though, the most efficient way would probably be getting a translator to code the invoices for you.

all the best.

Hi Guys,

just to clarify...do you mean that you can't read thai or type it?

if so, your job is quite tricky. perhaps if you have good quality image files you can use a Thai OCR (optical character recognition) program to extract the words, then paste them into your translation software. otherwise, you might be able to use a PDF->DOC converter program. i haven't tried this latter option myself - perhaps someone else will be able to comment.

honestly, though, the most efficient way would probably be getting a translator to code the invoices for you.

all the best.

Thanks for the info Aanon,

Can you share with me the Thai OCR program.

Just to give more info on my issue, we can't write and read THAI.

But we have some info/reference for booking of invoice in the system which are in English.

What really concerns me is the TAX implication of THAI. We need to book the invoice accurately and make sure that the Value Added Tax and the Withholding Tax applications will be applied properly during posting.

Please share with me the THAI OCR program.

Thank you so much for your time.

It was really appreciated.

Conrad

Just to give more info on my issue, we can't write and read THAI.
What really concerns me is the TAX implication of THAI. We need to book the invoice accurately and make sure that the Value Added Tax and the Withholding Tax applications will be applied properly during posting.

If that's the case, I think it's best to hire a Thai translator or accountant to help you with this issue, perhaps on a once a month or an as-needed basis. OCR technologies are just too unreliable and you will be spending hours puzzling over words that you can't find in your dictionary/translation software, either from an incorrect character or due to the limited scope of the dictionary/software which might not have accounting terms. Lots of potential for error.

(by the way, writing "Thai" as "THAI" makes it sound like some technical term rather than just another language :o)

(by the way, writing "Thai" as "THAI" makes it sound like some technical term rather than just another language :o)

Actually, writing THAI makes it seem like a reference to Thai Airways International.

And I agree completely that you need a real Thai translator.