Can We Set Up A Thai Visa Bkk Meet Up?

girlx

I know Thai Visa used to do occasional piss ups... just wondering if we can set one up in BKK.... I figure the Thai Visa founders can probably get better discounts at a nicer venue than we can on our own, whaddaya say?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would be nice .....

.......... so I know which ppl to avoid or give a good boot to the head to when/if I see them in a dark soi :o

Count me in, not for the next month though, folks are visiting and Im supposed to be professional, working, responsible etc etc.

Forget the mods.

Set something up to meet at Gullivers - Suk Soi 5.

Go in a day or 2 in advance, speak with the manager & tell them what's up. You can likely reserve that whole area on the left hand side as you are facing the building.

Lay it on for 7 pm. Don't need discounts. That way people could eat drink & socialize as they wished.

Start your own thread on it to get some idea of how many would be interested. I would be.

Wait! Need to decide on the weapons. Guns? Knives? or just fists (brass knuckles?) only?

I I'm in anytime and gulliver's sounds perfect. I shall leave my sword at home as I may be inclined to use it if we were name badges.

Edited by zorro1

Surely there's plenty of places more suitable than Gullivers?

agreed, however just when you thought it couldnt get any worse, alongs comes this little nugget.

Must be something about the 7th I arrive that date too. I'm up for it definitely! Is Gullivers the place on the corner of Khao San?

no disrespect to anyone who mentioned either gullivers or khao san rd, however there are better alternatives to being surrounded by chavs and freelancers in gullivers in suk soi 5, and god knows what is floating around ksr these days, may have to make sure my shots are up to date, wouldnt want to come down with some strain of the ebola virus.

what about places like the londoner, dubliner or robin hood? close enough to skytrain, but not quite in the lower suk ghetto.

as britmaveric says, just make a descion and go for it, we havent even got into the smoking/non smoking side of things yet. weekday or weekend? etc etc etc.

will clayton seymour be there? if so can i invite my thai smoking friends along just to piss him off?

no disrespect to anyone who mentioned either gullivers or khao san rd, however there are better alternatives to being surrounded by chavs and freelancers in gullivers in suk soi 5, and god knows what is floating around ksr these days, may have to make sure my shots are up to date, wouldnt want to come down with some strain of the ebola virus.

what about places like the londoner, dubliner or robin hood? close enough to skytrain, but not quite in the lower suk ghetto.

as britmaveric says, just make a descion and go for it, we havent even got into the smoking/non smoking side of things yet. weekday or weekend? etc etc etc.

will clayton seymour be there? if so can i invite my thai smoking friends along just to piss him off?

Sounds pretty disrespectful to me to be honest.

Poor girlx. I bet she didn't see her excellent idea taking a turn in this direction.

Gazebo is nice, but a party of more than 8 - 10 would not work very well.

Bourbon St. has a good layout and is more accessible than Khan San Rd, so is likely to draw more people.

There's that Thai restaurant on Soi 36 just of Suk that has a live performance and a good layout for a large party.

If you don't mind a 99% Thai clientele there are a ton of nice options for Thai restaurants as the nicer ones are mostly outdoors and have live music.

Season's Change off Ratchada in Suthisan is nice and accessible... more central than Khao San Rd.

Kaset-Nawamin has a boat load of new, fancy, very large outdoor restaurants. Similar to Season's Change, but much larger. Also have a bunch of large Thai bars/discos in the same area in case anyone would be up for some after dinner Thai style partying.

Food and drinks would be cheaper at these places, and the atmosphere nicer, but you can be sure that burgers and fries won't be on the menu.