Lost My Telephone

Maigo6

have Lost my telephone, Is there anyway of getting a new sim card and changing it to my old number that I have had for years, AIS pay as you go. ?

I don't care about the phone , but my old number was quite important to me.

It's not the end of the world but would make life easier if I could get the original number back.

Thanks guys.

Edited by Maigo6

have Lost my telephone, Is there anyway of getting a new sim card and changing it to my old number that I have had for years, AIS pay as you go. ?

I don't care about the phone , but my old number was quite important to me.

It's not the end of the world but would make life easier if I could get the original number back.

Thanks guys.

Yes, happened to me too. This is how I got a replacement sim card (same number.)

Call your mobile service provider and report your lost phone. They'll stop another user from usiong your number.

Go to nearst police station and make a "lost/stolen" mobile report.

Go to your mobile provider (mine was DTAC pre-paid)

They will give you a new, replacement sim, same number. DTAC did this for me at no charge.

Good luck!

Lance

Thanks guys, I have called 1175 customer services and are waiting for a response, good news is that you have had the same experience as me and managed to get your old number back.

I had that phone for over 3 years Sony Ericsson K750i , good phone but was maybe due for replacement anyway...Oh well , such is life.

And a Police report is mandatory yes ?

Thanks again for the help. :o

And a Police report is mandatory yes ?

Not sure if "mandatory"but thats what they told me, so I just went along with the program like a good little farang, 555!

The police report only took 5 minutes and was no big deal.

Good luck :o

OK guys update, My GF spoke to AIS service centre and all we have to do is go to Loei City to the Telewitz shop, copy of her ID card and they will replace the card free of charge, and I have up until April next year to do this.

Thanks again guys. :o

AIS has the same procedure!

Cheers.

Confirmed....my wife did this same thing about a year ago. We went to the AIS Customer Service Center in Shin II Tower, they sent us across the road to the Police Station, about 10 minutes to do a lost/stolen phone report, back to AIS with a piece of paper, give them some bahts and back comes a new SIM with the old number provisioned.

AIS has the same procedure!

Cheers.

Confirmed....my wife did this same thing about a year ago. We went to the AIS Customer Service Center in Shin II Tower, they sent us across the road to the Police Station, about 10 minutes to do a lost/stolen phone report, back to AIS with a piece of paper, give them some bahts and back comes a new SIM with the old number provisioned.

and the good news it is an update SIM too, with all the new features added which my old one of 10 years did not have :o