Print / Copy Shops For Printing Ebooks (pdf Files)

danish84

Hello,

I am looking for print / copy shops which can print E-books for me.

I have around 30 books in PDF format, which I need printed (will ship them back to Europe) and bound in soft or hardcover (doesnt matter much, as long as the cover is of good quality). I dont need top of the line print, black / white is alright, however it would be nice if they can print an image on the cover of the book (black / white or color).

I have already printed 2 books in a small print shop on Sirimangkalarjarn road (road between huay kaew rd and suthep rd), but they were unable to do duplex printing (print on both sides of the paper). As some of the books are around 1200 pages, I would REALLY prefer a print or copy shop which can print on both sides, essentially making the book half the size and weight.

Any of you know any places I can go?

Thanks on advance.

I know that this issue has come up and been discussed at least once here before. I don't remember the details and cannot help you out afresh, but you might want to search for earlier threads on the subject, to see what was said then.

I know that this issue has come up and been discussed at least once here before. I don't remember the details and cannot help you out afresh, but you might want to search for earlier threads on the subject, to see what was said then.

As far as I can tell from earlier searches, the issue has only been raised once before, and that thread had no useful info, only a bunch of off topic posts. The only useful info was an idea to go to the road between nimanhemin road and the east entrance of CMU, as supposedly, this area had a lot of copy / print shops. However, I have been up and down the area for several hours today and was unable to find any such shop :o

As far as I can tell from earlier searches, the issue has only been raised once before, and that thread had no useful info, only a bunch of off topic posts. The only useful info was an idea to go to the road between nimanhemin road and the east entrance of CMU, as supposedly, this area had a lot of copy / print shops. However, I have been up and down the area for several hours today and was unable to find any such shop :o

probably all closed for Mother's day

Contact member named Cyberstar by PM

lannarebirth: Thanks a bunch, Ill go check it out immediately!

That is the same place you said you went to today and could not find anything.

Probably closed for the Queen's birthday as someone mentioned. The shops are nearer to the canal road than to Nimmanhaemin.

On the chance that it is different from what you found, here is a link to one of the earlier threads:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Book-Binding...ai-t107765.html

lannarebirth: Thanks a bunch, Ill go check it out immediately!

For simple copying (paper to paper - no computer facilities) and laminating you won't beat the ladies in Rachawitee Rd for value, efficiency and pleasantness. From one sheet to whole books!

It's the single storey open front place directly opposite the huge stationery store, just on the Moon Muang side of the UNIrish Pub.

Tried Anaknong today, unfortunately they could not print on both sides of the paper :o

Also found the street with a lot of shops near CMU, however hardly any of them spoke english. Got into one shop where there were a student who spoke good english, and supposedly it was possible to get printing on both sides at that place. Dont know about cover quality or anything like that, and they are very slow: Ordered 2 books and it wouldnt be ready before Friday at 17.00.

Anyway, will see how they turn out though Im running out of time (need to have all 30 books printed by wednesday next week).

Will probably try to bring a thai friend to do the translation tomorrow, hopefully some of the other shops on the street near CMU can meet my requirements.

Just about the last copy shop on the left of Suthep Road - just across from CMU gate - just to the right of a hair stylist - is the shop I always use.

Nice people, owner speaks English, same cheap prices as any of the other student places (does two sided copies!).

And as Flatouthruthefog says, the shop on Rachawitee is also good...

Tried Anaknong today, unfortunately they could not print on both sides of the paper :o

I'm very surprised about this, because I must have had well over a hundred different books printed or copied, in many different formats, by Anaknong and all were printed on both sides of the paper.

I'm very surprised about this, because I must have had well over a hundred different books printed or copied, in many different formats, by Anaknong and all were printed on both sides of the paper.

A communication problem? Danish84 does not seem to speak Thai based on his posted comments.

Perhaps people requesting help on the forum should specify that they need service in English if that is the case. It would save time for everybody.

I have repeatedly gotten multiple copies printed off my CD, on both sides, bound, in more than one of those shops on that road that goes from Niemanhiman to the canal road. I speak no Thai, but managed to get it done. Sometimes they tell you to go next door. Once it was copied in one shop and collated down the street, etc. But 30 books is a lot of work.

A communication problem? Danish84 does not seem to speak Thai based on his posted comments.

Perhaps people requesting help on the forum should specify that they need service in English if that is the case. It would save time for everybody.

And perhaps people who does not contribute at all, should simply refrain from commenting. Now that would actually save time wouldnt it.

p1p: Dont know, dont think there was a miscommunication though.. I asked her if they could print books from PDF, she said yes, then i opened a book from the counter and pointed on both sides of the paper asking if they could print on both sides of the paper. She said "no, only print on one side". Maybe they have changed practice, or maybe I was talking to the wrong person. Seems like a lot of peope have had duplex printing done at Anaknong, so it is actually a bit weird.

wjmark: Thanks for the tip, will try it for sure tomorrow.

. . . . .

. . . . .

p1p: Dont know, dont think there was a miscommunication though.. I asked her if they could print books from PDF, she said yes, then i opened a book from the counter and pointed on both sides of the paper asking if they could print on both sides of the paper. She said "no, only print on one side". Maybe they have changed practice, or maybe I was talking to the wrong person. Seems like a lot of peope have had duplex printing done at Anaknong, so it is actually a bit weird.

. . . . .

Like p1p, I am very surprised about this too. The books I had made there were also made up of two-sided copies. Not only that, but at my request they were painstakingly copied differently from the two-sided originals -- that is, whereas the originals had pages 1 and 2 (and so forth) on one sheet of paper, I had them make the copies so that the first sheet of paper had a blank page and page 1, the next sheet had pages 2 and 3 (and so forth).

Is is possible that the woman at Anaknong was telling you only that the printer they would use to print the PDF file could print only single-sided copies? (From your report that seems very possible.) If so, that would not be the same as her saying that they could not make your books with double-sided copies. The printer they use for printing a PDF file could well be different from the photocopier they use for making copies. In that case, they should be able to print out the PDF file in a single-sided copy, then from that single-sided copy make, by hand (as they had to in my case) or otherwise, double-sided copies for using in your books.

Edited by Rasseru

Anaknong has been copying books, print both sides for me for what seems like 20 years. Made 3 off my thumb drive last week. I talk with them about the cover material and colors but never about printing on two sides, they seem to do that automatically.

As mentioned, it might have been a simple communication mistake, probably as Rasseru points out a difference between printing and copying.

I will go to Anaknong tomorrow again and ask to print a couple of the books (its actually 30 separate books, not 1 book 30 copies) and see how it turns out. Thanks for all the great responses in any case :-)

• 3 months later...

I have a related question to the OP. I need to print a 500 page manuscript and I'm looking for a place that can do a top quality job. I've used print shops on Suthep Road before and they're fine for everyday use, but this manuscript is going to literary agents in New York and I want something better than the typical 'good enough' job. I can speak Thai, communication is not a problem, but I was hoping someone could recommend a particular shop where they have quality printers and understand the importance of very high standard work. Any suggestions? Thanks.

• 1 year later...