Bad Memory

I am talking about Chiang Mai Immigration as a reference....Went today for my 90 day report-in which was due today. My wifes and daughters registration is due next Tuesday the 19th. Was hoping to get all three done today so we would have the same date to report next time and thereafter. Both current reporting dates are within 7 days of each other and from what I read shouldn't be a problem.Wrong again!

The girls have to come back next week. Maybe someone else would have given a different answer...who knows. Question two arises... For the girls it will be their first ninety day report. The lady today tols my wife to bring 2000Baht and no charge for the 5 year old daughter. I don't remember paying 2000B for my first 90 day check-in. Is my memory that bad??? Do these pants make me look fat??

I am talking about Chiang Mai Immigration as a reference....Went today for my 90 day report-in which was due today. My wifes and daughters registration is due next Tuesday the 19th. Was hoping to get all three done today so we would have the same date to report next time and thereafter. Both current reporting dates are within 7 days of each other and from what I read shouldn't be a problem.Wrong again!

The girls have to come back next week. Maybe someone else would have given a different answer...who knows. Question two arises... For the girls it will be their first ninety day report. The lady today tols my wife to bring 2000Baht and no charge for the 5 year old daughter. I don't remember paying 2000B for my first 90 day check-in. Is my memory that bad??? Do these pants make me look fat??

There is no charge for the 90 day report to immigration.

There should be a charge for your pants.

Edited by 12DrinkMore

To the best of my knowledge the only thing an immigration office’s fee of 2,000 Baht can be for is an application for change of visa.

--

Maestro

And penalty for late reporting. But sounds like the OP has that correct, so don't know what immigration is on about.

For the girls it will be their first ninety day report.

So how did you determine that they are due to report on August 19th if they have never reported? Did they apply for there first extension of stay 90 days prior to that date? Are you sure of timing? As it appears wife is going to be charged with late reporting (which begs the question why her report was not accepted today - unless you did not have the money for fine with you?). Something very strange so the more information you can provide the better we can try and advise.

August 19th is 90 days from the day they piggybacked on to my retirement visa. It just happened that it is 6 days after my regular 90 reporting. That was one of my points. I thought one could go early within 7 days to do this. That would put all three family members doing the 90 day report all together on the same day. Again, the girls piggy backed on to my retirement AFTER I already had it.

Is it the date they applied (filled TM.7)? Or is it the date it was approved? Or both?

Yes there is a 7 day window which makes this very strange - but the 2,000 baht means your wife must be late so trying to find out why.

Lopburi...

Maybe you are reading too much into this. I t is more than likely a case of getting the wrong person at the window at the wrong time. Also, my Philipina wife was tending to this today and I wasn't at the window to really discern what was up. There is really nothing out of the ordinary with the dates. They received their first visa extention on 21 May 2008.

90 days from that for purposes of their first 90 day report is next Tuesday, August 19th

They applied for and received their extentions the same day

There is nothing additional in their passport referring to this except the stamp giving them until 16 January 2009, given on 21 May 2008

What is the date in their passport of their permission to stay. I mention it because you indicate a visa extension was given on 21 May. The clock starts on the day they enter the country (the permission of stay date stamp) and not necessarily the visa extension date.

The key in this case should be 1st application for extension of stay - not arrival time.

The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

Thus May 21 should be considered her first report and 90 days later a second report will be due.

A little more clarification if I may....

They have been in and out of country four times since moving here last September. I'll avoid the first several dates and steps due them being not relevant to this thread. But what is relevant is:

They arrived in Thailand the last time from Vientiane on 18 Feb 2008 with a smile on their face and 60 day non-immigrant "o" visas in their passports. These were what was needed to get their visa extentions falling under the spouse and child of me the lazy retiree clause ( actual translation may differ ).

They applied for and received these as mentioned earlier.

N

Next Tuesday is the 90th day from that day and I believe that is when to report.

Edited after reading Lop's agreement with my count.

The mystery continues though so I will sapeak tomllow to the face in the window...Thankya sirs

Edited by bunta71

The key in this case should be 1st application for extension of stay - not arrival time.
The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

Thus May 21 should be considered her first report and 90 days later a second report will be due.

Thanks for that info, it was never fully clear to me. Does sound like a miscommunication or misunderstanding then.

They arrived in Thailand the last time from Vientiane on 18 Feb 2008 with a smile on their face and 60 day non-immigrant "o" visas in their passports

This is also interesting. A non immigrant visa is 90 days not 60 - this is typo I am sure. But from Feb 18 to May 21 is more than the allowed stay of 90 days. Are you sure of these dates?

Figured you might catch that. What I left out will make the story longer but is still irrelevant here. Eagle eye Lopburi caught it though. Here goes:

when the time came for them to apply, the folks at the window became agitated because we didn't have all the forms from the U.S. and from the Philippines VERIFYING our marriage and daughters birth and their relationship to me.Although this is what they told us we needed, what we really needed was the simple attestment to their validity from the U. S. consulate (which took care of the philippine stuff also).

Consequently a seven day extention to their existing 90 day visa was necessary and what Eagle Eye spotted was part of that.

The lady who was so upset screamed " None of you falangs arrive with the correct papers!!" Again referring to the proof of relationship they were requiring. I tried to explain that it isn't mentioned or covered in their own website as a requirement nor is it mentioned in the Sunbelt translation of the Police Order?requirements. So much time,effort and frustration that could be made to disappear with the slightest effort

Might mention the second extension of stay does NOT reset the report date. A mistake I only made once.