The Disappointment Of Thai Visa Forum

jfk

To Garro

You have rightly found fault in my post and used sarcasm to point it out. That is what this forum is all about, the right to nitpick and show superior English Skills. God I love democracy!

I should have siad my occupation has been attacked by some members and my religion by others, although perhaps some of the same members have attacked both my occupation and religion. I will add though, not at the same time at least as far as I can remember.

By the way I am a Rabbi and part time Nazi hunter but because there is little call for Rabbi's (though alot more for Nazi Hunters in this country). I make my daily bread by baking bagels, already.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

because 84% of forum users are not in thailand than your lash is pretty pointless

That's an interesting number. Did you know that 76.3% of all statistics are created on the spot?

BTW, his "lash" is not pointless. It is his view. Why would you dismiss that as pointless? It took balls for him to post it.

I don't want to start an argument here but how does it take balls to post an anonymous thread on TV? It may have taken some thought, time and effort but there was not a tremendous amount of bravery involved. It is just one man's opinion of the tenor hre on TV.

I spend far too much time reading and responding to the threads in News Clippings and General Topics. I do get valuable information from time to time and enjoy most of what I read. One way to avoid the pitfalls of being outraged by some of the comments is to avoid some of the threads completely. It may save some people grief. I like TV for what it is. A coupe of days ago someone started a thread about investing $5K in his girlfriends monkey farm and wondered where his money went. We could have avoided that subject and it was gone in about five minutes. The moderators seem to be doing a good job. I even like to read some of the stuff manufactured by trolls. I'm interested in their motivation. Some of them are really sick. I must clarify that I'm using sick as found in the dictionary not the American slang term meaning good, hot or spectacular.

My daughter was raped, wife murdered, dogs strung up and house burned down by ThaiVisa members after I disagreed with some members in my posts.

Since than I have been much more discrete with my replies.

Be careful, Thaivisa members are a rough lot.

Was it The Gentleman/Tornado? He doesn't take any sh*t! :o

I think the forum would improve if people posted like how they act/speak/conduct themselves in real life, something only a small group of people probably really do.

The psychology of anonymity on the web, if only Freud were alive today.

I am sure that you will be delighted to know, I am as longwinded in person as I am in here. I also demonstrate the same lack of tact and peculiarities. What's up with the Freud reference? All of his theories have basically been discredited. Besides, I don't live in Pattaya, so I am certified as fetish free. (aw c'mon now, what's a post in TV without a cheap insult directed at the beleagured souls in Pattaya?) :D

To Garro

You have rightly found fault in my post and used sarcasm to point it out. That is what this forum is all about, the right to nitpick and show superior English Skills. God I love democracy!

I should have siad my occupation has been attacked by some members and my religion by others, although perhaps some of the same members have attacked both my occupation and religion. I will add though, not at the same time at least as far as I can remember.

By the way I am a Rabbi and part time Nazi hunter but because there is little call for Rabbi's (though alot more for Nazi Hunters in this country). I make my daily bread by baking bagels, already.

Umm, never knew a Rabbi that used the o when spelling G-d. A call for Nazi hunters in Thailand? I'm sorry, but the political party has 0 members here. Besides, they all went to the USA to build space rockets or retire in luxury in South America. Anyway, I think my family dropped enough bombs on them in the 40's to make them think twice before planning anymore roadtrip adventures.

A rabbi that bakes bagels for a living? I have yet to see a decent bagel in Thailand. All they have are those imported frozen doughy tasteless chunks of carboard from NYC. If it aint boiled before baking, it aint a bagel. Learn that and you may prosper. Unless of course you plan on selling them as deadweights to the fisherman.

And for Mr. Happy, the OP, it seems to me that you need a big hug. There is a lady of the night that has often chased me down Bangla as I try to get home, telling me she is coming home with me. Like a leach she grabs on as I tell her, that my loved one awaits me. (I like to spice it up and say boyfriend, depending on whether or not I am babysitting my friend's dog for the night.) So yea, she seems to give good hugs, although I do have doubts as to whether or not she is cootie free and you might want to check her out. (Tell her hansum man that runs down bangla with his subway sandwich sent you.) :o

thaivisa forum can be informative or down right nasty.There are some realy good guys on here and some silly ones too.By far the best forum i have gone onto is the buriram one, as the people on there have no hairs or graces or 1 upmanship,just genuine helpful people.unfortunately not many people get on there and thats the only reason i am on here.Also i would never dream to come on here and ask for advise,too many loudmouths for that.

To Garro

It has nothing to do with nitpicking your spelling and grammar. That is something I always avoid ( unless the poster has made a point of criticising somebody else's spelling and grammar). I was confused by your post and asked for conformation of what you meant. As to your claims of victimisation, I can't say that I've noticed. Perhaps you make a habit of 'getting the wrong end of the stick'.

Edited by garro

Hi JFK,

I have to admit that when I read, for some odd reason, your original post, I cringed and assumed that the thread would be short-lived as you would surely draw the negativity you were trolling for - but, all in all, boating through the responses has been a pretty good ride and the most prolific negative poster overall turned out to be you. That, by the way, was no surprise.

It must add even more to your frustration and depression to have positive posters make your OP look ridiculous and even point out that you may be borderline sociopathic.

My condolences... :D:o

One has to always muddle through the shi*e before finding the diamond. :D

Really?!? Geez, no wonder I haven't found any - I have been tunneling in the wrong places!

Okay (putting on my noseclips), here I go into this steaming pile... :D

To Garro

Not just a Rabbi but also a nazi hunter. YES IT`S SUPER RABBI

Hi JFK,

I have to admit that when I read, for some odd reason, your original post, I cringed and assumed that the thread would be short-lived as you would surely draw the negativity you were trolling for - but, all in all, boating through the responses has been a pretty good ride and the most prolific negative poster overall turned out to be you. That, by the way, was no surprise.

It must add even more to your frustration and depression to have positive posters make your OP look ridiculous and even point out that you may be borderline sociopathic.

My condolences... :D:o

One has to always muddle through the shi*e before finding the diamond. :D

Really?!? Geez, no wonder I haven't found any - I have been tunneling in the wrong places!

Okay (putting on my noseclips), here I go into this steaming pile... :D

yes,pretty happy about how long this topic has gone on for. my best yet by far.

truth be known i use this forum for,not only occassional advice for me but also for friends issues as well.

once i get through all the cr*p, i do find some gems of advice that i can pass on.

thanks to those of you that gave some good advice and to the rest, it was good fun reading them anyway.

the thai forum is a great way to pass the time when i am in thailand but it is never to be taken seriously.

thanks again everyone and be careful out there.

jfk :D

yes,pretty happy about how long this topic has gone on for. my best yet by far.

jfk :o

I suppose that's an achievement to be proud of. Obviously a great future in store for you, and indeed everybody on TV. So well done, what's next?

I wonder if the BIBs will make any sense of it all?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thailand-s-I...ug-t206147.html

truth be known i use this forum for,not only occassional advice for me but also for friends issues as well.
once i get through all the cr*p, i do find some gems of advice that i can pass on.
the thai forum is a great way to pass the time when i am in thailand but it is never to be taken seriously.

I'm confused. In the same post you admit using TV for "occasional advice for you and your friends", and that you do find "some gems of advice", then go on to say it shouldn't "be taken seriously" ? :o

I too am surprised this thread has gone on so long. Must be the slow season.

The moderators seem to be doing a good job.

The moderators are doing a great job.

When I first started reading ThaiVisa 5(?) years ago, to get to the decent posts I had to tiptoe around a cesspit of negativity and slime.

This past year they've cleaned it up quite a bit. I can only think it's a lot of work to keep up with everything and make the tough decisions. So a huge thanks to the moderators from me.

From what I've read, it's a bit too clean for some. But the moderators have my positive vote on a job well done.

Some posts still piss me off - those slagging off Thais, Western women, Americans (sliming Bush doesn't count). But, hey, life wasn't meant to be 100% percent perfect. Or is that 98%?

because 84% of forum users are not in thailand than your lash is pretty pointless

That's an interesting number. Did you know that 76.3% of all statistics are created on the spot?

BTW, his "lash" is not pointless. It is his view. Why would you dismiss that as pointless? It took balls for him to post it.

oh yes indeed, such acts of bravery must be rewarded.

i wonder what act of heroism comes next -- taking a taxi to the emporium without a seatbelt, crossing sukhumvit without using the foot bridge or perhaps, gasp, using an atm on Sukhumvit 11?

Edited by t.s

thanks again everyone and be careful out there.

jfk :o

Hold on a minute. I thought you said on your other thread you were in Ireland waiting for the repo-men to come a knocking.

<edit to add ref to other thread>

Edited by PhilHarries