help please cannot get my head round thease visas.right ive been to thailand before but only on a tourist 30 day visa.i will be coming again xmas.was wanting to stay for 6-9 months.think i need a multi entry tourist visa them.problem i have is form says for visiting friends and fam.need to surply evidence does anybody know what evidence you need to surply.or is there away round this to get the visa.i will be arriveing with a one way ticket so need a visa.so im told or will have to get return ticket and keep changeing it.god knows been told so many things my head is spinning

many thanks

help

help

help

...think i need a multi entry tourist visa them.problem i have is form says for visiting friends and fam.need to surply evidence does anybody know what evidence you need to surply.or is there away round this to get the visa...

Different consulates use different requirements for visa applications. You do not say in what country you plan to apply for the visa and what consulate's form you are talking about. With a little more detail from your side members will be able to give you more specific information and advice.

--

Maestro

Most consulates and embassies normally don't require much for a double entry tourist visa. Apply for one of those, and you can stay at least 2 x 60 days + 2 x 30 days extension. Normally these visas have a validity of 180 days.

The purpose of your visit is tourism, no other evidence required, they might want to see a ticket within that time frame, but that is also not usual.

help please cannot get my head round thease visas.right ive been to thailand before but only on a tourist 30 day visa.i will be coming again xmas.was wanting to stay for 6-9 months.think i need a multi entry tourist visa them.problem i have is form says for visiting friends and fam.need to surply evidence does anybody know what evidence you need to surply.or is there away round this to get the visa.i will be arriveing with a one way ticket so need a visa.so im told or will have to get return ticket and keep changeing it.god knows been told so many things my head is spinning

many thanks

help

help

help

If you are appyling for an 'o' visa, you would need to add a letter from your (Thai) friend asking the consulate to consider giving you 'o' visa, for an extending visit in Thailand (also include a photo copy of your friends ID), failing that just apply for multiple tourist visa. You don’t need to supply evidence that your visiting anyone.

...If you are appyling for an 'o' visa, you would need to add a letter from your (Thai) friend asking the consulate to consider giving you 'o' visa, for an extending visit in Thailand (also include a photo copy of your friends ID)...

Not necessarily. Like so many other things, this depends on the consulate where the application is made.

--

Maestro

...think i need a multi entry tourist visa them.problem i have is form says for visiting friends and fam.need to surply evidence does anybody know what evidence you need to surply.or is there away round this to get the visa...

Different consulates use different requirements for visa applications. You do not say in what country you plan to apply for the visa and what consulate's form you are talking about. With a little more detail from your side members will be able to give you more specific information and advice.

--

Maestro

thanks i will be travelling from the uk.not sure what visa i need was wanting to stay for 6-9 months.so one with the least hassale and least visa runs.many thanks

Right, Smokeyjoe. Seeing that you are in the UK your best choice is the multiple-entry non-immigrant visa O, obtainable form an honorary consulate such as that in Hull. Application can be made by mail. Purpose of visit: “visit friends”. No invitation letter or other proof needed.

With this visa you can make an unlimited number of entries into Thailand for one year and on each arrival will receive permission to stay for 90 days. Just before the 90 days are over you make a border run to a neighbouring country and return to Thailand the same day.

--

Maestro

many thanks

help

help

help

Hi

Why don't you get in touch with The Thai Consulate Hull.... very helpful, speedy and do not keep moving the goalposts...... http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/

TBWG :o

PS Not read all the posts so apologies if already covered!

Edited by TBWG

Right, Smokeyjoe. Seeing that you are in the UK your best choice is the multiple-entry non-immigrant visa O, obtainable form an honorary consulate such as that in Hull. Application can be made by mail. Purpose of visit: "visit friends". No invitation letter or other proof needed.

With this visa you can make an unlimited number of entries into Thailand for one year and on each arrival will receive permission to stay for 90 days. Just before the 90 days are over you make a border run to a neighbouring country and return to Thailand the same day.

--

Maestro

fantastic!!!!thats what i wanted to know.can hget it sorted now.many thanks.