Extension Of Stay For Retirement (800k Basis) - Today's Experience At Suan Plu

• Arrival 08:15 - no. 21 in the queue.
  • Processing started at about 08:30.
  • My number came up at 09:30.

I supplied:

1. filled and signed application form TM 7
  2. passport
  3. copies of all stamped passport pages
  4. copy of arrival card (front and back)
  5. copy of latest 90 day report receipt
  6. bank letter certifying yesterday's bank balance (over 800,000 Baht) and being over 800,000 Baht since May 1, 2008
  7. bank book
  8. copies of all bank book pages since the balance was over 800,000

All of these were accepted without question. I had to sign all copied pages, though. No additional papers or copies were asked for. In particular I was not asked to show proof of a foreign transfer to my account to achieve the required balance. I was asked to sign an additional paper after putting my address - again this said that I was applying for an extension of stay but the difference to the TM 7 was not clear to me. I also had to sign a paper that stated that I had to have 800,000 Baht in my account 3 months before applying for an extension every time. I intend to extend on this basis, so that was fine. After paying the 1,900 Baht fee I had to step to the next desk where the superior officer signed my application and extension stamp in the passport. Finished at 09:50.

Getting a multiple re-entry permit took about another 40 minutes - out at 10:30.

Hope it goes as smooth as this for everyone. :o

Edited by lothda

Sounds like a very smooth experience, and times have improved. (Mine was very long, but I went late, thinking that would be an advantage.) My 90 day report the other day was also very quick - about 10 minutes in and out.

• Arrival 08:15 - no. 21 in the queue.
  • Processing started at about 08:30.
  • My number came up at 09:30.

I supplied:

1. filled and signed application form TM 7
  2. passport
  3. copies of all stamped passport pages
  4. copy of arrival card (front and back)
  5. copy of latest 90 day report receipt
  6. bank letter certifying yesterday's bank balance (over 800,000 Baht) and being over 800,000 Baht since May 1, 2008
  7. bank book
  8. copies of all bank book pages since the balance was over 800,000

All of these were accepted without question. I had to sign all copied pages, though. No additional papers or copies were asked for. In particular I was not asked to show proof of a foreign transfer to my account to achieve the required balance. I was asked to sign an additional paper after putting my address - again this said that I was applying for an extension of stay but the difference to the TM 7 was not clear to me. I also had to sign a paper that stated that I had to have 800,000 Baht in my account 3 months before applying for an extension every time. I intend to extend on this basis, so that was fine. After paying the 1,900 Baht fee I had to step to the next desk where the superior officer signed my application and extension stamp in the passport. Finished at 09:50.

Getting a multiple re-entry permit took about another 40 minutes - out at 10:30.

Hope it goes as smooth as this for everyone. :o

Thanks for that. I will be there shortly and i hope it all goes as smoothly

Sounds like a very smooth experience, and times have improved. (Mine was very long, but I went late, thinking that would be an advantage.) My 90 day report the other day was also very quick - about 10 minutes in and out.

I used to go first thing in the morning but it seems everyone else has the same idea. These days I go in the afternoon and that has worked out very well so far.

Main thing is avoid the period 12.30 to 13.30 as all the staff go to lunch then and leave you all hanging around. Immediately post lunch they are clearing the back log so I try to get there about 14.30.

They are officially open until 4.30 so there is a risk you might not be processed that day and have to come back the next day. This has never happened to me and, in my case, it would not be a big deal if it did happen. In fact I have noticed them speeding up as the afternoon draws on, although this might be my imagination. Perhaps they are clearing their intrays so they can bunk off on the dot?