Need Picture Of Property Near Gangkhor

LisuLover

I am currently in UK and applying for a visitors visa for girlfriend to visit me. Have been advised to get a picture of her land and the house she is having built on it. It is rural and wont be easy to find. Anyone know of a local photographer, Thai or otherwise, around Gangkhor or Chaiyaphum. I am very happy to pay them.

I live somewhat near Chaiyaphum. Where is Gangkhor in relationship to Chaiyaphum City? I might be able to assist with some pictures.

Thanks Ken. I will look at some maps and email you. Where is the AA or RAC Thailand when you need them with a handy door to door route finder?

I live somewhat near Chaiyaphum. Where is Gangkhor in relationship to Chaiyaphum City? I might be able to assist with some pictures.

Thanks Ken. I will look at some maps and email you. Where is the AA or RAC Thailand when you need them with a handy door to door route finder?

This is a detailed map which has many small tracks&villages on it. Hope it helps

http://map.longdo.com

Dave

p.s. BTW click the English tab on the right to be able to read the maps :o

Edited by Dave the Dude

I have access to a few decent maps of the area, but am unable to find anything close to your spelling of "Gangkhor". Phonetically I am trying to come up with possibilities, but so far no luck. From Chaiyaphum city, which direction would you travel to get to "Gangkhor"? How far?

On my map, I see a place called Kaeng Khro. Phonetically it is sort of similar to the OP's Gangkhor. It is northeast of Chaiyaphum City. But really need more info to be able to help. I would suggest that OP PM one or both of us (Nidge) with a contact mobile number and one of our wive's can call and get better directions? :o

Really kind of you guys to offer your time. Thankyou. I am being very slow here because the g/f seems to have lost her mobile and I can't get in touch with her to get the address. As you will guess, it is an early stage relationship. The suggestion of Kaeng Khro rings a bell and yes, I remember it being north of Chaiyaphum towards Khon Kaen. We went there once in January on our way to Lake Nong Pla Tao, Ton Ton waterfall and then home to meet Mama.

As soon as I have the address I will send PMs and a mobile number as suggested. Thanks again. Keith

I am currently in UK and applying for a visitors visa for girlfriend to visit me. Have been advised to get a picture of her land and the house she is having built on it. It is rural and wont be easy to find. Anyone know of a local photographer, Thai or otherwise, around Gangkhor or Chaiyaphum. I am very happy to pay them.

Just curious :o

1. Been advised by who?

2. Are you paying for said Land&House ?

3. Are you SURE it exists?

4. How long has this 'short relationship' lasted and where you meet her?

5. Sorry for the Spanish Inquisition.

Dave

Just curious :o

1. Been advised by who?

2. Are you paying for said Land&House ?

3. Are you SURE it exists?

4. How long has this 'short relationship' lasted and where you meet her?

5. Sorry for the Spanish Inquisition.

Dave

I have no secrets Dave. I have been taking advice from Siam-Legal over whether she is eligible for a tourist visa. They said, "Your girlfriend will need a letter from her employer and also documentation confirming her ownership of the land". This advice seems to be born out by the VAF1 application form and the guidance notes that go with it, but I am very happy to hear another view. I have to admit that the photograph is my idea.

We drove past the place in January this year and it was just a frame. She has no money to continue building works and indeed works in Mahachai making Kitty Kat out of tuna for 200 a day. I havent contributed to it, nor anything yet except for some dental work. Im sure the previous guy did. We met in Bangkok in April 07 and I have been back to see her twice, once to Issan and once to Mahachai.

Why, do you smell something fishy?

Keith

Perhaps only the tuna?

Have you re-established contact with her by mobile? who is this other "guy" you mentioned about the house building?

Many threads on here will relate to a thai girl loosing her mobile or its broken ect, is she embarresed to speak english? thats another reason, hope you didnt pay for legal service advice, its free on TV.

Good Luck, Lickey.

Perhaps only the tuna?

Have you re-established contact with her by mobile? who is this other "guy" you mentioned about the house building?

Many threads on here will relate to a thai girl loosing her mobile or its broken ect, is she embarresed to speak english? thats another reason, hope you didnt pay for legal service advice, its free on TV.

Good Luck, Lickey.

Beat me to it, Lickey :o

Hi Keith

Sorry to sound so cautious, but when things sometimes move at a quick pace over here 'Warning Bells' ring, thats all. A Thai lady without a mobile is like a Thai villager without Lao Cow. It don't often happen. I truly hope for your sake everything is 'above board' and you have found an honest lady.

Please remember there is no rush, take your time and think things through carefully. Finally, remember the old Thai ex-pat saying "Don't invest more than you are prepared to walk away from.

:D

Dave

Edited by Dave the Dude

I just told my wife that it could possibly be Kaeng Kro, she said, "yes, that's what you said before"! So perhaps your wife can't tell the difference between Gangkhor and Kaeng Kro either. If that's the case it's about 40 km North East of Chaiyaphum city on the road to Khon Kaen.

I just told my wife that it could possibly be Kaeng Kro, she said, "yes, that's what you said before"! So perhaps your wife can't tell the difference between Gangkhor and Kaeng Kro either. If that's the case it's about 40 km North East of Chaiyaphum city on the road to Khon Kaen.

Kaeng Khro it is then, I am sure too. I stayed at the Thai Ngam Palace Resort (spelling?), which was a very nice hotel indeed, 800baht a night as I remember.

However, still no mobile contact. So can I ask a supplementary question? Feel free to tell me to post it elsewhere. I am trying to do the visa application by the book, but when it comes to getting a persuasive holiday letter/re-appointment offer from her employer, we are stuffed because of her unimpressive job and the fact that she has only been doing it for a couple of months. So no employers letter. Weekly wage slips at the most. Does this mean no visitors visa?

Kaeng Khro it is then, I am sure too. I stayed at the Thai Ngam Palace Resort (spelling?), which was a very nice hotel indeed, 800baht a night as I remember.

However, still no mobile contact. So can I ask a supplementary question? Feel free to tell me to post it elsewhere. I am trying to do the visa application by the book, but when it comes to getting a persuasive holiday letter/re-appointment offer from her employer, we are stuffed because of her unimpressive job and the fact that she has only been doing it for a couple of months. So no employers letter. Weekly wage slips at the most. Does this mean no visitors visa?

I would have to say that the chances of getting her a visitor's visa (with the info you have provided so far) is probably slim to none. "Compelling reason to return to Thailand" on her part is a prime criteria. A couple of years ago I tried to get a visitor's visa for my wife to go to the USA with me on a short visit (I am from there). I was/am retired here in Thailand. Long story short...refused...the officer claimed I had not provided enough proof that she would return to Thailand. Oh well. If you check the Thaivisa forum on "Visas and migration to other countries", you will find many such stories and lots of info on "your chances".

At any rate, I still wish you luck and hope all works out. :o