Non O From Kl

Hi all,

Coming up to a visa run, on my last one month stamp so need to get a visa this time around. Am married to a Thai, have two kids, and have always got my non o from Vientiane but planning on Kuala Lumpur this time around. Does anyone who has done the KL trip to get their non o know if it is as easy as Vientiane or more difficult? I ask because I know that different Thai Embassies have different regulations, document requirements etc.

In Vientiane I always showed photocopies of the following: 1.My passport, photo page and Laos visa page.2.Marriage certificate.3.Wife's ID card.4.Tabienban(house registration)book.5.Kids' birth certificates.

In Manila once I also had to show a letter from my wife asking for permission for the visa.

Is KL the same requirements as Vientiane or different? Your answers would be appreciated.

Cheers

James Is My Name

Can you get the Non O in vientieene without any dosh in a Thai bank???....look my thread titled marriage visa, am not sure what is best

You could the last time I went in Jan, don't know about now. Any feedback on that one readers? If so I might bugger off to Vientiane instead!

Believe KL is the only local Consulate where one year multi entry non immigrant O visa is often issued. Normally proof of a bank account in Thailand will be asked for but no specific deposit amount has been required. Believe most Consulates will issue the single entry type with the normal paperwork you list.

Believe KL is the only local Consulate where one year multi entry non immigrant O visa is often issued. Normally proof of a bank account in Thailand will be asked for but no specific deposit amount has been required. Believe most Consulates will issue the single entry type with the normal paperwork you list.

Cheers buddy,

Better to be safe than sorry. Coning towards the end of my last one month stamp so the last thing I need is to not be issued a visa because of different requirements at different embassies, and then be stranded.

KL is a fun city also. Even better when you're there minus the missus!