Lawn Bowling

uptheos

I have a friend who is moving to Thailand in September and naturally I recommended Chiangmai.

However, he is a passionate Lawn Bowler and would like to move where there is access to a bowling green and club.

Is there such a thing in Chiangmai and if not does anyone know where there is?

I have a friend who is moving to Thailand in September and naturally I recommended Chiangmai.

However, he is a passionate Lawn Bowler and would like to move where there is access to a bowling green and club.

There is no Lawn Bowling in Chiang Mai at present, but, concidentally (?) , there is a meeting at Gymkhana Club on Monday next for those that are interested in having a green developed at the club. Apparently, you no longer neeed to be a pensioner in order to play this fine game. :D

An adult's version of Marbles, as far as I'm concerned. :o

All interested parties should contact them for further details.

Edited by KevinHUNT

There is no Lawn Bowling in Chiang Mai at present, but, concidentally (?) , there is a meeting at Gymkhana Club on Monday next for those that are interested in having a green developed at the club. Apparently, you no longer neeed to be a pensioner in order to play this fine game. :D

Thanks Kevin - have you ever played it?

I played lawn bowls in Australia and it is a marvellous game, I started off great but as soon as I got into decent competition my skill level dropped dramatically. I never did get any good but I really enjoyed bowls.

I played lawn bowls in Australia and it is a marvellous game, I started off great but as soon as I got into decent competition my skill level dropped dramatically. I never did get any good but I really enjoyed bowls.

Maybe we should show some interest in the Gymkhana meeting - I have emailed them for further details

OK, my email was returned by maelor daemom. Anyone here a member of the Gymkhana Club and if so do you have their correct email address please?

I think I just sent you a message with an email address. If you didn't receive it let me know.

Kevin

OK, my email was returned by maelor daemom. Anyone here a member of the Gymkhana Club and if so do you have their correct email address please?

I think I just sent you a message with an email address. If you didn't receive it let me know.

Kevin

Yep, thanks a lot Kevin :o

Kevin

Yep, thanks a lot Kevin :o

The meeting is on Monday at 7pm. All interested parties should be there.

Marbles? I played (not professionallY) until I was 10.

Lawn Bowls - I'm still not old enough (51 and a half)

By the way......

I know these are more enlightened days but...........

the fact that you take it 'Uptheos' ..........

a little bit too much information there.

By the way......

Keven...shame on you - surely you know there's only one Leyton Orient (who went up from Div 2 as runners up to Liverpool). Some of us don't just support teams because they are top of the league. :D

Up the O's!

By the way......

Keven...shame on you - surely you know there's only one Leyton Orient (who went up from Div 2 as runners up to Liverpool). Some of us don't just support teams because they are top of the league. :D

Up the O's!

Sounds like you deserve even more sympathy.

I support Liverpool for the same reason as you support Orient, no doubt. Unfortunately we haven't been top of the league for quite a while but that may be just about to change...... I'm off to watch the game.

Come on you Reeeeeeds!!

By the way......

Up the O's!

I support Liverpool for the same reason as you support Orient, no doubt. Unfortunately we haven't been top of the league for quite a while but that may be just about to change...... I'm off to watch the game.

Come on you Reeeeeeds!!

Ok well that's cleared up no more dispersions about 'taking it anywhere' pleeeease.

I watched the game till half time and couldn't take any more it was far too painful. They need Barry desperately, Keane looks like a fish out of water and Torres is running around like a bull with its head chopped off.

I don't think you support Liverpool for the same reasons as I support The O's otherwise you'd be an O's supporter....wouldn't you? :D

By the way......

Up the O's!

Come on you Reeeeeeds!!

Ok well that's cleared up no more dispersions about 'taking it anywhere' pleeeease.

I watched the game till half time and couldn't take any more it was far too painful. They need Barry desperately, Keane looks like a fish out of water and Torres is running around like a bull with its head chopped off.

I don't think you support Liverpool for the same reasons as I support The O's otherwise you'd be an O's supporter....wouldn't you? :D

quite right.

Back on topic - don't forget the meeting tomorrow at 7pm.