What Are Your Hopes For Your Children, Especially Your Daughters ?

sylviex

Two farang-noi girls.

But one would hope the daughter takes up a different occupation than momma, unfortunately the realities are against this.

Yes, teachers are awfully paid - this is what you meant, yes? I think one of them wants to be a teacher, but I'll try and change her mind :o

My girls are great. They are well educated and at the top of their classes in all subjects. The are beautiful, polite and my absolute pride and joy (I may be slightly biased here :D ). They are both in primary school now, but I want them to go to good secondary/high school and good Uni's. I want them to either follow me into business or follow a professional career of their choice. I will help them as much as humanly possible to achieve this - whilst trying not to be pushy (balancing trick, I know).

They will be chaperoned on dates (as their mother and I were); their mother will make sure of this. I don't mind what colour, creed or religion their prospective partners are - as long as it causes no harm to them (I would object to extremism of course) - but I would expect them to be from good families and them to have good (professional) jobs - and love my daughters almost as much as I do.

I want them to live long, happily, healthily and in comfort.

my thai stepson says he wants to be a vet so he is thinking quite good.After his private school i want him to go to uni and above all,be happy in his studies.When he has a good paid job he can take care of momma and pappa,which he says he will do.can you believe that lol.

My goal for my son is that he learns that most joy in life comes from the inside of ourselves. I want him to be compassionate and not to be easily fooled. I want him to love knowledge but not to be a know-it-all. I want him to be able to respect both my culture as well as my wife's but never to be completely blinded by any nationalism. I want him to realise that things are far more enjoyable if you share them. I want him to realise that he has two ears and one mouth for a reason - so that he can listen twice as much as he speaks. I want him to be the complete opposite of me :o

Edited by garro

Can I just say that it wouldn't be any different?

Of course you can. I have always thought fatherhood made men understand feminism :o .

My girls are great. They are well educated and at the top of their classes in all subjects. The are beautiful, polite and my absolute pride and joy (I may be slightly biased here :D ). They are both in primary school now, but I want them to go to good secondary/high school and good Uni's. I want them to either follow me into business or follow a professional career of their choice. I will help them as much as humanly possible to achieve this - whilst trying not to be pushy (balancing trick, I know).

Beautiful. No emoticon available.

Edited by sylviex

to qoute chris rock

"i look my daughter in the face and i think my one goal in life now is to keep her off the pole"

The problem with the pole is in los it is a legit way of earning a living! Im sure not all pole girls are from the farm.

200$ working long office hours or $800 on the pole shift. I bet many an educated girls will take the pole.

Edited by mrcheshire

If you consider the sex trade acceptible - in any of its forms, how could you possibly argue against your daughter earning a living that way?

Quite.

From the outset, and from what I've seen from your previous posts--I thought that this was the direction you were heading--predictable.

Incidentally, I'm a single parent with a daughter and just like every other parent I want the best for her.

to qoute chris rock

"i look my daughter in the face and i think my one goal in life now is to keep her off the pole"

The problem with the pole is in los it is a legit way of earning a living! Im sure not all pole girls are from the farm.

200$ working long office hours or $800 on the pole shift. I bet many an educated girls will take the pole.

to qoute chris rock

I bet you are full of it.

From the outset, and from what I've seen from your previous posts--I thought that this was the direction you were heading--predictable.

Incidentally, I'm a single parent with a daughter and just like every other parent I want the best for her.

:o ! I was not expecting *that* topic to be raised in this thread, at all !

I have no idea why you would reach this conclusion, either.

On the contrary, this was intended to be a positive kind of thread.

Carry on ...

My goal for my son is that he learns that most joy in life comes from the inside of ourselves. I want him to be compassionate and not to be easily fooled. I want him to love knowledge but not to be a know-it-all. I want him to be able to respect both my culture as well as my wife's but never to be completely blinded by any nationalism. I want him to realise that things are far more enjoyable if you share them. I want him to realise that he has two ears and one mouth for a reason - so that he can listen twice as much as he speaks. I want him to be the complete opposite of me :D

My dad died far to early, therefore I thank you for sharing your "wisdom/wishes". I will keep them in mind because they sound very good. :o

daughter = want her to be what guys would call a "biatch", dont take <deleted> from anyone, knows what she wants and isnt afraid to go for it, wont kowtow to any guy or anyone, have her own ideas and will stand her ground.......and break alot of hearts along the way, while her old man shows everyone his massive gun collection :o

son = a general in the Thai army and hopefully one day he would make his old man proud by .........

But most important, be good ppl, compassionate, caring and idealistic. Someone whom ppl will respect.

I want my son to be happy when he grows up. I don't care whether he choses to be an actor or a road sweeper. Being happy is far more important than having a good job or loads of money. He has my unconditional love regardless.

If you consider the sex trade acceptible - in any of its forms, how could you possibly argue against your daughter earning a living that way?

I consider working a factory job or construction site perfectly acceptable professions too, but not for my own daughter. I hope this answers the question! Regardless, the direction of her life it will be her choice, ultimately. (I hope that extends the first answer)

But as for hopes, I would hope for a good education and good career in the field of her choice.

I want my son to be happy when he grows up. I don't care whether he choses to be an actor or a road sweeper. Being happy is far more important than having a good job or loads of money. He has my unconditional love regardless.

Oh come now Nidge, are you really try to tell us you could care less how sucessful he is? He can be happy doing anything, perhaps, but its a darn-sight easier being happy when you can afford to eat, look after your family (his family) and pay any medical bills - let alone a nice house, car, cable TV and annual holidays. you MUST have aspirations for him, even if you do not wish to force him down any particular lines. Go on admit it. :o

Oh come now Nidge, are you really try to tell us you could care less how sucessful he is? He can be happy doing anything, perhaps, but its a darn-sight easier being happy when you can afford to eat, look after your family (his family) and pay any medical bills - let alone a nice house, car, cable TV and annual holidays. you MUST have aspirations for him, even if you do not wish to force him down any particular lines. Go on admit it. :o

No, i really don't care if he is "successful. I know a lot of people that are successful. Most of them are either unhappy or a55holes. I have been really poor and, (since coming to thailand), reasonably wealthy so i know the difference that money makes. Happiness is the biggest wealth but too many people can't see past their own wallet to realise.

No, i really don't care if he is "successful. I know a lot of people that are successful. Most of them are either unhappy or a55holes. I have been really poor and, (since coming to thailand), reasonably wealthy so i know the difference that money makes. Happiness is the biggest wealth but too many people can't see past their own wallet to realise.

Mmmm, may be I agree with the a55holes tag when we are talking seriously (nouveaux) rich - I would say most of the professional people I know are neither a55holes nor unhappy. I also know a lot of poor people and "hardworking, just getting by", people that were far from happy. I don't think money makes too much difference to how happy people are generally, I think it does individually. What I mean is - an A55hole is an a55hole rich or poor and a happy poor person would be at least as happy a rich person - perhaps just for longer as its hard to smile when you can't afford to eat.

Success isn't necessarily about money either. A judge earns less than a good barrister, but nearly every barrister dreams of becoming a judge.

Well anyway, each to their own - and I wish your son IS succesfull IS happy (and doesn't become an a55hole).

Edited by wolf5370