Coyote Mexican Restauarant

Not yet, but based on my experiences at their branches in Bangkok and Phuket expect high prices and no clue about real mexican food. The quality and ingredients should be good though.

I was there with my family last week. It was good but a little bit expensive. We payed nearly 1000 baht for two persons and I had chicken enchiladas. My husband had some soup with rice and beans on the side, dont remember the name of the dish. Had soda and water for drinks,

Expensive yes, and tasted good. Not everyday-food but fun with something else for a change :o

Not yet, but based on my experiences at their branches in Bangkok and Phuket expect high prices and no clue about real mexican food. The quality and ingredients should be good though.

Where is it?

next to McDonalds, oposite Tropical Murphy's. its a great place, something new to taste.

Yeah I've ready afew threads in the BKK forum saying the same, but I think I will try it out

this weekend and report back.

I dunno about that but i do know those guys at the Bauhaus in Lamai are the rudest bunch of people I have met in a while. Really had a bad time there and would not recommend it to anyone, food was lousy, but then again i am pretty fresh..

why bring up this restaurant, but the food is good in there, also very well priced.

I have been 3 times and tried different dishes each time and all were excellent, maybe a little pricey but keep in mind they have live entertainment

agree on the excellent, but why do people think it is expensive?????? comparing to????

Edited by Boater

I have been twice now since opening, good live band (sometimes sounds a bit too loud from the drummer so you cant hear the singer and they only had indoor seating available when I went) but very nice food and good service and interesting to watch them make all the different Margaritas and try a few... I didn't think it was expensive to honest as they serve Big portions with plenty of cheese, good ingredients.

Also just been to Phuket and also tried the Coyote on Patong beach and thought the Samui branch was a bit better for food but the location of Patong is better (Seaviews).

• 3 weeks later...
i always fined the food to be microwaved :D

Yes all microwaved food should be fined. :o

I dunno about that but i do know those guys at the Bauhaus in Lamai are the rudest bunch of people I have met in a while. Really had a bad time there and would not recommend it to anyone, food was lousy, but then again i am pretty fresh..

From personal experience the staff in there have always been friendly and super helpful to me and my friends, maybe it's because one of my friends DJ's in the club part of the Bauhaus for 4 years.

Personally i can't imagine any of them being rude to anyone unless they had good reason.

i always fined the food to be microwaved :D

Yes all microwaved food should be fined. :o

From personal experience the staff in there have always been friendly and super helpful to me and my friends, maybe it's because one of my friends DJ's in the club part of the Bauhaus for 4 years.

Personally i can't imagine any of them being rude to anyone unless they had good reason.

Last time I was there it took 15 minutes at least for 2 Margaritas to arrive. Staff was just standing around (it was afternoon)....but good value for money.

Edited by Samui Coconut

Guys i just cannot understand why some people think this is expensive? do you have any idea how much the key money and rent is for a place like this??? the food in my experience is good value and delicious. i have heard from many people that it expensive. its just not true, 175 bfor a margarita and 120b for a stella.

The thing which is worrying is i was in there Saturday night and they only had three tables...Chwaang is dead...no tourists...not good

Guys i just cannot understand why some people think this is expensive? do you have any idea how much the key money and rent is for a place like this??? the food in my experience is good value and delicious. i have heard from many people that it expensive. its just not true, 175 bfor a margarita and 120b for a stella.

The thing which is worrying is i was in there Saturday night and they only had three tables...Chwaang is dead...no tourists...not good

The Key money & Rent are not the Customers problem. You must remember, the people who write on this Forum are generally Ex Pats who live here permanently or many months of the year at least. This Coyote is aiming for Tourists hence it's location. It can not expect to be made up of Island Residents, or at least regular Island Residents, as there are simply other places to eat that are better value for money, simple as that really.Now for tourists on the other hand..............:o

If these Restuaraunts want to pay this extortionate Rent that the Land Lord's want then fine, it's also understandable that the prices are higher than other places, of course it is.

But don't expect the Restaraunts to be filled up with people on this Forum & don't expect people on this Forum to accept it's prices because of the Land Lord's greed & the desperation the Restaraunt now has in clawing it's money back, some of the people on here moan about the prices of Khao Pad Moo in certain areas, let's keep that in mind.

Edited by MSingh

The Key money & Rent are not the Customers problem. You must remember, the people who write on this Forum are generally Ex Pats who live here permanently or many months of the year at least. This Coyote is aiming for Tourists hence it's location. It can not expect to be made up of Island Residents, or at least regular Island Residents, as there are simply other places to eat that are better value for money, simple as that really.Now for tourists on the other hand..............:o

If these Restuaraunts want to pay this extortionate Rent that the Land Lord's want then fine, it's also understandable that the prices are higher than other places, of course it is.

But don't expect the Restaraunts to be filled up with people on this Forum & don't expect people on this Forum to accept it's prices because of the Land Lord's greed & the desperation the Restaraunt now has in clawing it's money back, some of the people on here moan about the prices of Khao Pad Moo in certain areas, let's keep that in mind.

I was there this evening again. Drinks (Atomic Margaritas) arrived promptly, all tables outside were full. some people eat. Prices are fine. Value for money at least drink wise. It is aiming at tourists and local expats as well. Not everyone on this forum needs to look at 20 baht here or there. If you cannot afford it - fine, doesn't make you a worse person, just stay away and eat your khao pad around the airport and drink your Chang at CatCanDo or 7/11

I was there this evening again. Drinks (Atomic Margaritas) arrived promptly, all tables outside were full. some people eat. Prices are fine. Value for money at least drink wise. It is aiming at tourists and local expats as well. Not everyone on this forum needs to look at 20 baht here or there. If you cannot afford it - fine, doesn't make you a worse person, just stay away and eat your khao pad around the airport and drink your Chang at CatCanDo or 7/11

SC, how much is Chang at CatCanDo?

agree, which is why I always wonder why management does not offer a discount card for residents. Where we may not go every week, when visitors come to town we do spend a lot of cash :D

The Key money & Rent are not the Customers problem. You must remember, the people who write on this Forum are generally Ex Pats who live here permanently or many months of the year at least. This Coyote is aiming for Tourists hence it's location. It can not expect to be made up of Island Residents, or at least regular Island Residents, as there are simply other places to eat that are better value for money, simple as that really.Now for tourists on the other hand.............. :o

I hope you're not aiming that at me Coconut ?? I'm just saying it as i see it & have expereinced it in my time on the Island, there are more " Tight Wads " here than "Atomic Margarita " Drinkers on this Island especially within the Ex Pats who are here for more than 6 months of the year, that's for sure ...:D

I am actually somehwere in the middle i'd like to think, more of a Tropical Murphy's for drinks & a Ban Rak for Italian Dinner kind of Guy.. :D

Not know, never go there !

The Key money & Rent are not the Customers problem. You must remember, the people who write on this Forum are generally Ex Pats who live here permanently or many months of the year at least. This Coyote is aiming for Tourists hence it's location. It can not expect to be made up of Island Residents, or at least regular Island Residents, as there are simply other places to eat that are better value for money, simple as that really.Now for tourists on the other hand.............. :o

I don't really care. All I am saying is that if you cannot afford it - fine, just stay elsewhere.

I hope you're not aiming that at me Coconut ?? I'm just saying it as i see it & have expereinced it in my time on the Island, there are more " Tight Wads " here than "Atomic Margarita " Drinkers on this Island especially within the Ex Pats who are here for more than 6 months of the year, that's for sure ...:D

I am actually somehwere in the middle i'd like to think, more of a Tropical Murphy's for drinks & a Ban Rak for Italian Dinner kind of Guy.. :D

Edited by Samui Coconut

I don't really care. All I am saying is that if you cannot afford it - fine, just stay elsewhere.

I hope you're not aiming that at me Coconut ?? I'm just saying it as i see it & have expereinced it in my time on the Island, there are more " Tight Wads " here than "Atomic Margarita " Drinkers on this Island especially within the Ex Pats who are here for more than 6 months of the year, that's for sure ... :D

Why the blankness & the edit ??

I'm confused, you were so authoritative on the subject of where to find cheap beer. I know the price of Chang at 7/11, but having never been to CCD I was counting on you to give the scoop on whether their beer is really cheap or not. Now I don't know what to believe when I read your posts. Color me disappointed (and OT).

I'm confused, you were so authoritative on the subject of where to find cheap beer. I know the price of Chang at 7/11, but having never been to CCD I was counting on you to give the scoop on whether their beer is really cheap or not. Now I don't know what to believe when I read your posts. Color me disappointed (and OT).

99 baht jugs, 49 baht mugs at Catcantoo

• 2 weeks later...