Telephone Calls From Usa To Thailand

Spaniel

I use this website and currently pay 1.2 cents a minute from any phone to any phone. (no computer necessary)

I think the card is called Asia Express.

You can do all the transactions online...recharging takes seconds.

You can phone them as well....and they will find the best card for your needs.

I've used them for about 4 years now....no complaints.

I use this website and currently pay 1.2 cents a minute from any phone to any phone. (no computer necessary)

Thanks pumpuiman, I checked out the web site. They offer about 15 cards for calling Thailand. I'll give the Asia Express card that you suggest a try. Have you tried any of the others?

Thanks pumpuiman, I checked out the web site. They offer about 15 cards for calling Thailand. I'll give the Asia Express card that you suggest a try. Have you tried any of the others?

I called and asked what card was best. There are differences.....such as connection fees and such, which can make a difference in your choice....depending on the frequency and duration of your calls. There is also rounding off of minutes.

My wife calls home almost daily and talks for 30 minutes or so......and the Asia Express card seemed the best choice for that pattern.

You can poke around the website and figure it out......but the times I've called the company direct, they've been very helpful.

Good Luck,

Eric

P.S. I just noticed it's 1.6 cents now.....click on the card, it will show the additional minor charges.

We spend about 30 dollars every 6 or 7 weeks.

Edited by pumpuiman

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is still interested in low-cost international calls - either in to you from others or from you to anywhere else, check this link: magicJack

It's Internet based calling - just need this box and a somewhat high-speed Internet connection.

I've been using it for several weeks and my wife has made calls to almost everyone she knows in Thailand (mobile or landline) for one cent (US) per minute. Others I know have been swearing by it for months.

If you have one in Thailand anyone in the US can call you, or you can call anyone in the world for free if they also have one of these, or anyone in the US for free whether they have one of these or not. Similar to Skype but cheaper and better I think.

This is not an "advert" and I have nothing to gain from this, just passing some info on as someone who used to live in Thailand paying over US$1 per minute for calls back to the states, and (until I started using this) paying 25 cents (US) per minute for calls to Thailand.

Zaphod

ALSO LOOK MOBIVOX.COM 1.9 no monthly mant fee, no expiring min. best of all i like the voice recognition s/w just say the name of contact no dialing a bunch of numbers.... connection uaually good sometimes bad....