30 Day Extension 1 Day Late

I just noticed that the 60 days on my most recent entry on my tourist visa ran out today (tuesday). Anyone have any experience trying to get a 30 day extension in Jomtien a day or two late?

thanks

I've never tried but I'm quite sure that you can forget about it right now and exit Thailand as quick as possible to avoid too long an overstay...

For posterity's sake...

I went in today and had no problem getting the 30 day extension. I was hoping to "catch an immigration officer on a good day", but it actually seemed to be standard procedure. There is an overstay desk, so I had to go pay the 1 day overstay, then I got the extension. I think the overstay desk in the immigration office is for exactly this situation, when extensions are granted after visas have expired?

For posterity's sake...

I went in today and had no problem getting the 30 day extension. I was hoping to "catch an immigration officer on a good day", but it actually seemed to be standard procedure. There is an overstay desk, so I had to go pay the 1 day overstay, then I got the extension. I think the overstay desk in the immigration office is for exactly this situation, when extensions are granted after visas have expired?

Amazing! This is Thailand!

I wouldn't even have tried...

I can answer that question for him ... if you're on overstay you get a overstay stamp. First (at least in Bangkok) there's the overstay procedure as normal and then the extension will be done. In Bangkok it was all done in one go .....

Edited by sniffdog

OP, did you receive an overstay stamp ?

Actually no overstay stamp. Maybe that was due to the "immigration officer having a good day". Or forgetting. Just a receipt for payment of the overstay, and they did enter my passport info into a book with yellow pages, but nothing in my passport.

I can answer that question for him ... if you're on overstay you get a overstay stamp. First (at least in Bangkok) there's the overstay procedure as normal and then the extension will be done. In Bangkok it was all done in one go .....

The Thai Immigration is interested in collection the overstay fine and give you the extension .

Both are done at the same time.

This is a common procedure.

But do not get caught on overstay.

• 10 years later...

You will not be fined 500 baht for one day of overstay it you apply for your extension tomorrow since immigration is closed today.

After tomorrow you will be fined for everyday of overstay.

• Like 1