Scanning 35mm Slides - Transparencies

Mapguy

I have had luck finding references on TV for services in Bangkok (in Silom and Sukhumvit) but have not been able to locate anything for Chiang Mai. Anyone been there, done that, got the tee shirt?

There is a professional scanning/printing service just about three-four blocks from the corner of Sri Donchai and the Imperial Mae Ping Hotel.

Heading east on Sri Donchai, at the corner just past Suruwan Book Store, turn right (south) and go about 3-4 blocks. On the right hand side of the street there is a corner building with white decorative columns in front. It is the ONLY place that looks like that in that area, just before an intersection bringing you back left to Changklan Road.

They do drum scanning at any resolution you would like, and save to CD. Just be very sure to give them written instructions as to resolution and output file format to save to. They have done a lot of scanning for me, but unless you are REALLY specific about the output they will scan at 72dpi and save as .jpg.

Thanks very much for excellent recommendations (including a stunning set of directions written by FolkGuitar. I shall check them out.

In the meantime, for those who have the wherewithall, here is a service that does operate internationally:

www.ScanMyPhotos.com