State Tower

We rented there in 2003-4 and found several problems. Terrible security (which of course bothered me being in the biz). They had a huge monitoring room but the whole time we lived there, I never saw anyone working in there. Also anyone who knew the name of a resident could get by the guy guarding the glass doors.

It was also incredible noisy. There are cement block walls and we could hear every sound from next door. I'm talking conversation, TV/stereo, doors and drawers closing, pots and pans in the sink. And at that time there was a lot of fitting out of empty apartments so we could hear construction noise from several floors away, and several apartments on our floor but pretty far away. The management would not do anything about it even when it was at 3 in the morning.

There were also problems with neighbors cooking with their door open and filling the hallways with noxious odors which seeped into our apartment. And there were hordes of laborers hanging around, sitting on the floor, smoking everywhere in the building, which scared my palaya. The management wouldn't do anything about these problems either.

Maybe all that has been changed by now. There is now Lebua serviced apartments in the same building. They are fantastically run and I would hope that having them there would inspire the State Tower management to do better.

Edited by MaximumSecurity