Digital Movie Camera

tree13

Hi

I am wanting to buy a very basic digital movie camera (that can potentially take still photos too), and have been told I can buy a JVC camcorder for around 8,000 baht (which seems very cheap). Does anyone have any recommendations re: what is a good buy for around 8 - 10,000 baht?

Also, where to buy? I am hoping to find something in Chiang Mai, but will go to Bangkok if I need to? Will things be much cheaper in Bangkok?

Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

For the record all video cameras will be digital these days.

If you are into serious video and intend to edit the results

it is best to choose a camera that does NOT record direct to a DVD.

For the DVD the data is compressed, so you have already lost information

before you start the editing process.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I am wanting to buy a very basic digital movie camera (that can potentially take still photos too), and have been told I can buy a JVC camcorder for around 8,000 baht (which seems very cheap). Does anyone have any recommendations re: what is a good buy for around 8 - 10,000 baht?

Also, where to buy? I am hoping to find something in Chiang Mai, but will go to Bangkok if I need to? Will things be much cheaper in Bangkok?

Thanks for your help!

I think the first thing that you have to do is list the camcorders that fit your budget. After that you can read on their corresponding reviews in order to see which one fits more to your criteria. And lastly, you can compare the camcorder ratings between these items. It will give you an idea which one is best for you.

Good luck.