Serbian Man Found Dead In Pattaya Hotel

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya Daily News: August 21st 2008

SERBIAN MAN FOUND DEAD IN PATTAYA HOTEL

A Serbian tourist man was found dead in Pattaya hotel after his Thai wife had left to visit her hometown. Police assumed he had a congenital disease but would send his body for autopsy to find the real cause of his death.

At 11.30pm on August 20th, 2008, Pol.Lt.Col.Weerawut Meelai, Pattaya investigator, was notified that a foreigner had been found dead in a room No. 339/586, on the 11th floor of View Talay Condominium 1, Tapraya Road, Moo 12, Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi.

Police and Sawang Boriboon rushed to the incident and found the body of Mr.Ljurisa Beograd, (56), from Serbia, was lying dead on the bed. Many empty strips of anti-depressant pills and a glass of water on his bedside table. Police had examined on his body and found no foul play. Miss Akara Boonjiem, (36), his Thai wife, was crying by the side of deceased body.

Miss Akara told police that she and her husband had been living together for more than 3 years. Mr. Beograd had had the symptom of stress and sleeplessness and he had to take anti-depressant pills all the time. Last Tuesday, she had left her husband alone in the room, to visit her cousins in Cambodia.

She had tried to ring him several times, but he did not answer the phone. Miss Akara, then rushed back to Pattaya but when she arrived the room, she found that he had already been dead.

The police, however, found no evidence of a struggle or any signs of foul play and conclude that he had died of his congenital disease.

RIP , Im Serb and his surname is odd as Beograd is the Capitol of Serbia.

Possibly an error by the reporter while looking at the passport (gees, I hope they don't threaten to sue me know for suggesting that one of their staff may have made an error). :o

Unusual in this story (perhaps) is that they didn't splash pictures of his passport on any of the news articles I've seen about it.

I find this odd. I don't know about depression pills, but I know enough that you wouldn't normally be taking several strips of them at one time. There is more to this story for sure (which we will never know).

Edited by Jingthing

RIP , Im Serb and his surname is odd as Beograd is the Capitol of Serbia.

Possibly an error by the reporter while looking at the passport (gees, I hope they don't threaten to sue me know for suggesting that one of their staff may have made an error). :o

Unusual in this story (perhaps) is that they didn't splash pictures of his passport on any of the news articles I've seen about it.

yep why didnt I think of that , your 100% correct

SOURCE: Pattaya Daily News: August 21st 2008

SERBIAN MAN FOUND DEAD IN PATTAYA HOTEL

A Serbian tourist man was found dead in Pattaya hotel after his Thai wife had left to visit her hometown. Police assumed he had a congenital disease but would send his body for autopsy to find the real cause of his death.

At 11.30pm on August 20th, 2008, Pol.Lt.Col.Weerawut Meelai, Pattaya investigator, was notified that a foreigner had been found dead in a room No. 339/586, on the 11th floor of View Talay Condominium 1, Tapraya Road, Moo 12, Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi.

Police and Sawang Boriboon rushed to the incident and found the body of Mr.Ljurisa Beograd, (56), from Serbia, was lying dead on the bed. Many empty strips of anti-depressant pills and a glass of water on his bedside table. Police had examined on his body and found no foul play. Miss Akara Boonjiem, (36), his Thai wife, was crying by the side of deceased body.

Miss Akara told police that she and her husband had been living together for more than 3 years. Mr. Beograd had had the symptom of stress and sleeplessness and he had to take anti-depressant pills all the time. Last Tuesday, she had left her husband alone in the room, to visit her cousins in Cambodia.

She had tried to ring him several times, but he did not answer the phone. Miss Akara, then rushed back to Pattaya but when she arrived the room, she found that he had already been dead.

The police, however, found no evidence of a struggle or any signs of foul play and conclude that he had died of his congenital disease.

Well, was she Thai or cambodian?

Yet again I am so amazed at the standard of reporting, and of the naivety of the police, who whenever there seems to be a report of a death always invite the press along, before they can establish whether or not cause of death warrants further investigation those reporters may have forensically trashed the the scene of a crime.

BB