Any Dentists That Do Not Stick Bag Over Your Head?

chickencurry

I am getting really really p*ssed off with having a bag stuck over my head every time I go to the dentist. What is it all about exactly? It means that I cannot effectively communicate with the dentist while he/she is navigating round my teeth, cannot see what's happening - it is ridiculous. When I say I don't like it, they just laugh.

They don't do this in Europe. They don't do this in Singapore. Anyone have any answers and can recommend a normal kind of dentist please? Thankyou.

Try www.phuketdentalcenter.com I highly recommend Dr. Prasert Theplong

Never heard of a bag over your head.

Okay I admit I am exaggerating a wee bit - it's more like a kind of mask that goes over your face leaving a little hole for your mouth. Presumably they don't want to look at/touch rest of your head (I really don't know). The above dental surgery is in fact the latest dentists I have gone to and they use the "mask/bag".

Is it my looks? Well I don't think so. Mr Chickencurry has also had the mask/bag treatment at this and other dentists, so I have to deduce that this is common practice in Phuket.

Do you mean a rubber shield over your mouth and nose, with an opening for the mouth, for some procedures where (maybe even toxic) fumes and debris flies around they strap on something like that. Like during removal of some old filling or maybe during a root canal treatment.

At Chalong Circle, take the road to Kata. Just past 7/11 there is a strip of shop houses on the left. There is a Dental Clinic in there and they are fantastic. No bags.

I had a Root Canal there and actually fell asleep in the chair.

Only problem is my Dr. liked to listen to a particular musician that I despise.

I have never fallen asleep in a Dentist chair, but I did there.

And they are really good with the Pain Medicine, the sucky thing, and rinsing.

jb

At Chalong Circle, take the road to Kata. Just past 7/11 there is a strip of shop houses on the left. There is a Dental Clinic in there and they are fantastic. No bags.

I had a Root Canal there and actually fell asleep in the chair.

Only problem is my Dr. liked to listen to a particular musician that I despise.

I have never fallen asleep in a Dentist chair, but I did there.

And they are really good with the Pain Medicine, the sucky thing, and rinsing.

jb

I believe this dentist is called "Happy Tooth" and is good for small jobs and cleaning but for the big stuff she suggested

Bangkok Phuket Hospital - At both places no bag or mask.

I am getting really really p*ssed off with having a bag stuck over my head every time I go to the dentist. What is it all about exactly? It means that I cannot effectively communicate with the dentist while he/she is navigating round my teeth, cannot see what's happening - it is ridiculous. When I say I don't like it, they just laugh.

They don't do this in Europe. They don't do this in Singapore. Anyone have any answers and can recommend a normal kind of dentist please? Thankyou.

Sounds like a dental dam. I believe these are used to isolate a specific part of the mouth that is undergoing procedure where the dentist does not want, blood, pus, debris etc contaminating adjacent tissue. I also believe that when they are excavating a large amount of infectious or diseased material as well as tooth structure they don't want this clogging up your airway. Perhaps the procedure you underwent warranted the use of a dental dam.

It also serves to focus the dentist's attention. It's really no different then the placing of a surgical centrepiece over an incision. A tidy site reduces the likelihood of leaving material behind.

What exactly was the fellow digging for? Do you have gum disease by any chance or bad breath. Soemtimes halatosis can cause a dentist to use this as he or she does not want to gag during an intricate procedure.

Edited by geriatrickid

i can recommend the dentist close to the circle.. just from chalong circle, towards rawai, on the right hand side. the rates/prices are also fair/reasonable.

If that's the German guy, my OH went to him for a quote. He quoted a ridiculous amount of money and 4 extractions. OH went back for a written quote the next day and the extractions had increased to 6 and the price gone up too. He didn't go back there. He actually had a full x-ray done of his whole mouth at Bangkok Phuket Hospital and they told him he needed zero extractions (NONE). There's a lot of conmen out there, and we are finding some of them. I've heard others praise this guy - some friends of ours and also other recommendations from TV posters - so maybe the guy has fell on hard times and desperate for cash, who knows.