Tony's Fitness And Tennis Club, 3rd Road

Turnkey

Currently members of Tony's Gym in 3rd road need to replace their membership cards as it is claimed there are many fake cards circulating.

There is a prominent notice outside the entrance to this club informing members' of the need to replace cards with identity information.

Next to the notice there is a seperate sign indicating one of the senior staff at Tony's,with his picture, is no longer employed with the company who are not responsible for his actions.

It appears that this staff member is involved in the card fraud.

Many members of Tony's are or should be concerned that their identity documents and info pertaining to such membership may have been compromised by the staff member depicted in the poster as mentioned.

It is surprising that none of the news organisations have carried this story as it is a fraud on a large scale.

Maybe a representative from Tony's can explain what is happening through this forum?

Are the police involved?

Has the staff member been arrested?

What is being done to prevent abusive of members details being used fraudulently, or what measure are in force to prevent this in future?

Has anyone got any further information?

A lot of people have paid 20/25.000 baht for their membership.

Are you saying this money went to the staff member then he issued a fake card ? if so Tony did not get the money, will he honor your fake card ? if it's been going on for a while we are talking some serious money loss here.

Are you saying this money went to the staff member then he issued a fake card ? if so Tony did not get the money, will he honor your fake card ? if it's been going on for a while we are talking some serious money loss here.

That is exactly what I heard.Mr Tony will not honor your membership I you paid 25000 baht for a so called "fake" membership card,however the issuer was a senior and well known member from tony's fitness.

So next time you buy a membership from tony's keep in mind that if he feel the need to fire one of his employees he can call your membership not valid.Would like to know what the thai courts think about these practices.Happy I'm no member of tony's fitness.

That is exactly what I heard.Mr Tony will not honor your membership I you paid 25000 baht for a so called "fake" membership card,however the issuer was a senior and well known member from tony's fitness.

So next time you buy a membership from tony's keep in mind that if he feel the need to fire one of his employees he can call your membership not valid.Would like to know what the thai courts think about these practices.Happy I'm no member of tony's fitness.

How senior of a member of Tony's staff? I paid cash 15,000 baht cash for a lifetime membership 18 months ago during a promotional event. I paid the cash to Tony's brother, Nicky, who was the manager of the fitness center at the time. I was issued a lifetime membership card and a receipt documenting my cash payment. If Tony's employee sells memberships, accepts moeny on the firm's behalf, and writes receipts on Tony's printed contracts, I am not sure how Tony can refuse to honor the memberships. I know TIT but surely even in Thailand a contract such as this hould be legal and binding.

So how do we know this is not a scam to rip us farlangs off.

As far as we know this bloke may have have just left Pattaya

then Mr Tony decided to craft this plan. It is only his word.

As the OP has stated none of the media outlets are covering this story.

(Please excuse the cynasism, been ripped off a few times by Thais)

Besides why should honest people who paid good money for membership

be the ones to suffer. Is this not his problem ? Only in Thailand hey!!

I think it is more that blank membership cards were stolen and then possibly resold to willing parties.

Bought my LT membership before I knew any better and it is printed on a cheesy easily copied laminated card, guess I'll need to lower my standards again and see if it still works.

Hey, someone's gotta pay for the gas for that Lambo.

:D

:D:D:o .....Nice one Heng,sums it all up rather nicely..........a really nice Gym run by a really,nice, salt-of-the-Earth

bloke struggling by in life trying to make ends meet, and one who clearly donates the extra money the

Foreigners pay for Membership to a worthwhile Charity of his choice,eh?? :D

I have some friends who are member's of this gym and when they joined they tell me had to provide fingerprints and other confidential details like copy identity documents, signatures etc.

Seems to me the OP is making the valid point that if the fraudster had access to such information he can use it for his own schemes.

Long term commitments of any kind in thailand are a bad idea. Odds are you're gonna get screwed down the road. Best to take the month to month option everytime.

I agree that lifetime memberships should not be taken too seriously at any gym, but for the price, if the members get only 3 or 4 years out of it, they've done ok.

Month to month only is being a little paranoid though...yearly is fine.

I also have a lifetime membership but I used a credit card as payment so if I was told that my membership card was fake and that Tony was not going to honer it then I would ask my credit card bank to refund my money. I also don't have any problems with my credit card so far. I have not been asked for anything other than my driving license as proof of my ID no finger prints or stuff like that and I have now received my new membership card. I agree with some posters that a lifetime membership is a bit of a gamble but if you get more than 3 years out of it then it works out ok.

Regards

Scotsman