Contact Details

Can anyone suggest a reliable agent in Penang to assist me with applying for a Non Immigration-B Please?

I stayed at the Mingood Hotel a couple of times some years back.  At the checkin desk they had me fill out the Thai visa forms even before registering for the hotel.  Not a fancy hotel by any means but clean enough and within waling distance of some nightlife and suds.

http://www.hotelmingood.com/

Looks like they're still in the busines, this on their www site:  "Thai Visa Information"

Mac

Can anyone suggest a reliable agent in Penang to assist me with applying for a Non Immigration-B Please?

I stayed at the Mingood Hotel a couple of times some years back. At the checkin desk they had me fill out the Thai visa forms even before registering for the hotel. Not a fancy hotel by any means but clean enough and within waling distance of some nightlife and suds.

http://www.hotelmingood.com/

Looks like they're still in the busines, this on their www site: "Thai Visa Information"

Mac

Thanks guys, I emailed NJBookshop last week and got no response I guess I'll have to wing it as I got no response from Thai Visa travel either. Thanks George for the email address but they have not bothered to respond. I guess unless a post is controversial or risque it does not attract many responses. Perhaps I should have posted a missive full of spelling and grammatical errors, then I would have had all the English language nazis responding.

Thanks guys, I emailed NJBookshop last week and got no response I guess I'll have to wing it as I got no response from Thai Visa travel either. Thanks George for the email address but they have not bothered to respond. I guess unless a post is controversial or risque it does not attract many responses. Perhaps I should have posted a missive full of spelling and grammatical errors, then I would have had all the English language nazis responding.
Carefull if you are planning on using Penang. Recent posts suggest that the new consul there is making applications very difficult, particularly for multi-entry non immigrant visas.

If you are making a new single entry 3 month non immigrant b visa application; then you might be ok.

However you would be well advised to take the full set of required documents including the WP3 application receipt from labour - this is the 'Letter of Acceptance' referred to in the following link for required documents Ministry of Foreign Affairs - non immigrant b visa requirements

Digitalchromakey, I read the link you posted at the office yesterday and pointed out to the Thai staff the requirement for the receipt from the Labour office for the WP3. They called the labour office and then told me that it was not required. I must admit to being a little wary about going to Penang without the receipt. Is this a recent requirement? as I understood that one could not apply for a work permit until one had a Non Immigration B visa? It is all very confusing.

By the way, thank you for taking the time to respond.

Cheers, Dave.

Edited by midasthailand

don't trust the staff or the labour department, they know nothing when it comes to visa, only the mfa.go.th will give you the answers.

the WP3 has always been a requirement, if you go there without it , no visa for you.

so go to the labour department with an english/thai speaking staff and all the papers (around 20 different papers) http://122.154.5.7/workpermit/main/wp/wp3.asp be sure to have all the papers including the pictures etc etc prio to submit your application.

don't trust the staff or the labour department, they know nothing when it comes to visa, only the mfa.go.th will give you the answers.

the WP3 has always been a requirement, if you go there without it , no visa for you.

so go to the labour department with an english/thai speaking staff and all the papers (around 20 different papers) http://122.154.5.7/workpermit/main/wp/wp3.asp be sure to have all the papers including the pictures etc etc prio to submit your application.

I also can confirm that this is definitely the case, go there (Penang) without the correct paperwork and come back without a non B visa.

Insist your company sorts out the paperwork and then makes a WP3 application to labour before you go.

Take all the paperwork on the list I linked to you and make sure you have a contact number for your work admin, in case you are asked for even more details.