Tohsang Khonggjiam Spa Resort

harrybua

Could anyone supply me with a phone number or email address for the ressort.

my wife comes out of hospital in a few days and looks like a good spot to relax.

I dont want to go through any hotel agents.

Any help would be appreciated iam offshore untill monday.

Cheers

Harry

Try www.tohsang.com

The web site represents two hotels, and I believe the one you want has "resort" in the name. The resort is on the Mekong River very close to Laos. You can check the pictures on the web site for more information.

The web site also has phone numbers and E-Mail addresses. Look under "Contact".

kenk3z

Edited. I had seen the 15,000 baht price for the villa but after looking a little further, the promotion price for the two night three day package isn't that bad. The 15,000 baht price made me choke a bit. :o

Edited by Gary A

Just call yellow pages on 1188........the English speaking operators are very helpful. Bye the way, wonderful Hotel. We always stay in room 2222 super deluxe. Last time it was around 2,200. Villas are 5,000 up, but they are all single bedroom.

Took my mrs for a surprice weekend last spring. Room/night was 3100 baht, which included one spa (for the mrs) and a dinner for two.

I upgraded the room on arrival, and paid 4100 baht for a corner unit on top floor with large balcony and beautiful view.

However my back did'nt like the bed, so I slept on the sunbed on the balcony :o

I stayed there 6/7 weeks ago. 2200bt, but was disappointed. This is not cheap, especially for Isaan, and I expected more.

Agents web site implies a room with bath-tub, but all we got was an 80cm wide shower. (It later transpired that only the 4 much more expensive rooms had bath-tubs)

2 boys around reception, but neither took our bags and showed us the room. I was handed the key, and off we set. Nearing the room, the receptionist came running up and offered to carry the bags the last few metres.

Nice balcony magnificent view, but no chairs to sit on!

Enquired at reception about advertised boat trips, and was laughed at and received comment "no have". Later we had no problem securing our own boat trip.

I took these points up later with both agent and hotel direct. Received profuse apologies (and lame excuses) from both but alas no compensation.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm headed there next month, I reserved one of the Garden Villa's for my new wife and me for our Honeymoon, anyone know if the Mekong River is still over flowing its' banks, from what I have read, and being I have had a hard time getting in touch with my wife, it has been raining for the last several weeks, and the Mekong has flooded the local area, any up dates on the latest flooding in the area? Thanks

Tohsang Hotel is downtown Ubon Ratchanthani. Tohsang Khongjiam Resort and Spa is 50-60 klm outside of town, close to the Lao border.

I'm hoping it is still not under water in 2 weeks, it has been raining everyday for the last several weeks.

Tohsang Khongjiam Resort and Spa is located high above water level :o

Tohsang Hotel is downtown Ubon Ratchanthani. Tohsang Khongjiam Resort and Spa is 50-60 klm outside of town, close to the Lao border.

I'm hoping it is still not under water in 2 weeks, it has been raining everyday for the last several weeks.

Thanks Bergen, that's great news :D This will be my first time to the Resort, I have stayed in the other 2 hotels in Ubon Racthanthani, I have reserved a Garden Villa, have not seen any photos of the inside of the Villas, outside looks great. 13 days I will see first hand.

Bergen, I see that you live in the local area, I downloaded the Map from the internet, I have a home in SiSaKet, actually Phu Sing, as per the directions, I will travel down Rd 226 to RD 217 TO RD 2222; 2222 runs into RD 2134, go across the Moon River and then turn left to Khong Chiam to the resort, there is no RD number assigned to the main road leading to the resort, do you know what the RD Number is? Thanks

nitehawk56

I live in the south west corner of Ubon Province so actually closer to Phusing than Kong Chiam. :o

However, when you drive 2222 and reach 2134 turn right towards K C, cross over the bridge on rd 2173, and just after the bridge turn left to the resort. It's well signed, and you should have no problems! :D

nitehawk56

I live in the south west corner of Ubon Province so actually closer to Phusing than Kong Chiam. :o

However, when you drive 2222 and reach 2134 turn right towards K C, cross over the bridge on rd 2173, and just after the bridge turn left to the resort. It's well signed, and you should have no problems! :D

Bergen,

Thanks for the information :D