Denon Dvd Player

shiva

I'm moving to thailand,and I have this great denon dvd player here in the U.S., and I wonder if it's worth bringing with me? I can get a transformer..that's no prob., but what I wonder about is if I can play the available dvd's over there on this player? If not, then it's not worth it obviously..

I also have these siemens cordless phones (top of line) and I wonder if they'd be useless to me over there, or not?

Gracias for any info.!

A few years ago Fluffy Emporium would trick the player into playing all regions for 2Kb.

I guess it could be done for a lot less now.

Have you tried to get it tricked locally?

Whoa J. I brought a brand name multi zone dvd player and it couldn't play the majority of the street dvd's here (except true dvd 9). I then bought something called 'shinco' mini dvd player in Singapore and it plays everything (about 100 usd a year ago). You can now get something similar called sonic or (?) at Panthip for a couple thou baht nowadays.

Last, Denon's are nice gear. If you get it 'tricked' there goes the warranty.

The warranties over with anyway..What is entailed in tricking?..I suppose just a matter of programming it to accomodate most dvd's. I also have dvd's I'd like to bring with me, so, I guess tricking is the answer, as I sort of doubt the quality of the thai players are like this one..It has Texas instrument technology and progressive scan. Is there a thai player that might be compaorable?