Limit To 30-days Re-entry Stamps?

I hope this is not too silly a question.

I have had my third 30-days entry stamp. My first was upon entering thailand on 16th April. After 28 days I did a border run to Cambodia (stamp2). A further 28 days on i left Thailand for Cambodia/Vietnam where i stayed for about 6 weeks. on Aug 1 i re-entered Thailand for the third time (stamp3). Thats 3 months in Thailand in 4.5 months.

I had an accident and cannot leave for Australia on 30th Aug as originally planned. I'm in Phuket now.

My questions are

(1) I believe i can get a "visa" extension for 7-15 days by visiting the immigration office in Patong. True?

(2) After this I was thinking of going Laos/Cambodia and returning BKK a month or so latter. I have some stuff in a locker in BKK i wish to retrieve before flying home... So i will have to go through immigration/customs to do so....But because i've had my 90 days will i have a problem? OR is it better to forget the locker contents and stay in international airspace (PhenomPenh-BKK-Aust).....but even with this option I still have to retrieve my bags (from flight PP-BKK) which means going through thai immigration doesn't it?

I'm 39, Australian, travelling on an Australian passport.

thanks in advance.

If you entered on a "visa exempt" entry for 30 days, you don't have a visa. You can apply for an extension of your permitted to stay date, most likely only seven days. If you need to return to Thailand, why not apply for a tourist visa, good for 60 days and could be extended for 30 days. The 90 days in 6 months only applies to "visa exempt" entries, not entries with visas.

Edited by beechguy

If you entered on a "visa exempt" entry for 30 days, you don't have a visa. You can apply for an extension of your permitted to stay date, most likely only seven days. If you need to return to Thailand, why not apply for a tourist visa, good for 60 days and could be extended for 30 days. The 90 days in 6 months only applies to "visa exempt" entries, not entries with visas.

thanks. but if i intend going home via bkk (PhenomPenh-BKK-Australia) -intending to stay in international airspace- will i have to go through thai immigration and therefore breach the 3 months in 6 rule. it seems a waste to get a tourist visa (in Phenom Penh) when i'm only going to be in bangers for essentially a few hours.

thanks. but if i intend going home via bkk (PhenomPenh-BKK-Australia) -intending to stay in international airspace- will i have to go through thai immigration and therefore breach the 3 months in 6 rule. it seems a waste to get a tourist visa (in Phenom Penh) when i'm only going to be in bangers for essentially a few hours.

If you stay in the international section you are not in need of a visa, however if you plan on going to a 'locker' to retrieve some stuff, you will need a visa

and PP in Cambodia is the worst place to get one

If you stay in the international section you are not in need of a visa, however if you plan on going to a 'locker' to retrieve some stuff, you will need a visa

and PP in Cambodia is the worst place to get one

ok.

on this site dated 2001: http://www.phuket-info.com/thaivisa.htm

"Normally you will get a 30-days tourist visa at the border when you enter Thailand. This can be extended up to 15 days at the immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht. When your visa expire, you must leave Thailand. But you can enter Thailand as many times you want and you will always get a 30-days tourist visa."

It doesn't mention the 3 month thing. Is this information erroneous?

ok.

on this site dated 2001: http://www.phuket-info.com/thaivisa.htm Yes the information is way outdated

"Normally you will get a 30-days tourist visa at the border when you enter Thailand. This can be extended up to 15 days at the immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht. When your visa expire, you must leave Thailand. But you can enter Thailand as many times you want and you will always get a 30-days tourist visa."

It doesn't mention the 3 month thing. Is this information erroneous? YES

From pinned topic Useful Immigration Information & Visa Descriptions, Laws, addresses, download forms, Etc:

Thai Police Order 608/2549 – English translation: visa-exempt stay limitation

3x30 day exempt stamp limited to 90 days in a 180 day period unless you leave the kingdom and get a proper visa. The stamp at the airport is not a visa.

on this site dated 2001: http://www.phuket-info.com/thaivisa.htm

It doesn't mention the 3 month thing. Is this information erroneous?

It was accurate back then; but now that information is way, way out of date.

What was available then, and is still available, is a visa exempt entry for 30 days (not a tourist visa). But all offices limit extension to 7 days now and the new rule of 90 days in six months has taken effect.

ok.

on this site dated 2001: http://www.phuket-info.com/thaivisa.htm Yes the information is way outdated

It doesn't mention the 3 month thing. Is this information erroneous? YES

From pinned topic Useful Immigration Information & Visa Descriptions, Laws, addresses, download forms, Etc:

Thai Police Order 608/2549 – English translation: visa-exempt stay limitation

3x30 day exempt stamp limited to 90 days in a 180 day period unless you leave the kingdom and get a proper visa. The stamp at the airport is not a visa.

Thanks everyone for clearing that up.