Can You Change The "Notification Email" Title?

RDN

Currently, every email l get that is a notification of a post in a forum to which I have subscribed has the same title: "Topic Subscription Reply Notification ( From Thailand Forum )".

To see which forum it is from, I have to open the email.

And inside the email it says: xxxxx has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "yyyyy yyyyyy yyyyyy".

Clearly these emails are automatically generated by the Invision software, but I was wondering just how configurable they are.

I believe it would be more useful to members if the title of the email contained the forum name, for example:

Instead of:

"Topic Subscription Reply Notification ( From Thailand Forum )"

It could be called:

"Thaivisa new post: topic "yyyyy yyyyyy yyyyy".

The same format could be used for new topic notification emails:

"Thaivisa new topic: forum "yyyyy yyyyyy yyyyy".

The beauty of this is, when there is a really 'hot' topic that you want to look at, you can see which of the notification emails is about that topic, and you can look at the 'cold' ones later.

What do you think george? Doable? Desirable?

Cheers,

RDN

Multiple notifications means multiple nicks 

So who are you LOONG ? 

Sorry Darknight I don't understand what multiple nicks are.

Why do you want to know who I am?

"Nick" = nickname.

Darknight is suggesting (as a joke) that you get multiple notifications because you have more than one account on this forum - which (as we all know) is one way to get suspended or banned!

But you didn't get the joke - and it wasn't that good anyway (sorry Darknight :D ).

But I also get "multiple" notifications sometimes. I think it may be related to whether you are online for a long time, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet. :o

Sorry

I must be a bit slow

didn't understand the joke at all.

But I also get "multiple" notifications sometimes. I think it may be related to whether you are online for a long time, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

I've been making sure that I physically log off when finished, but am still getting way to many notifications.

George is looking into it, so maybe he can sort the problem

Sorry

I must be a bit slow

didn't understand the joke at all.

But I also get "multiple" notifications sometimes. I think it may be related to whether you are online for a long time, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet.
I've been making sure that I physically log off when finished, but am still getting way to many notifications.

George is looking into it, so maybe he can sort the problem

OK try this. Click on "My controls", and then click on "Email settings" (under 'Options' on the left).

I have "Enable 'Email Notification' by default?" checked, and

in the box alongside of "If ticked, choose default type:" I have "Delayed Email Notification".

Is this the same as your settings?

In the default type box I have immediate email notification.

But I should only be getting 1 per board visit, the email tells me this.

What happens with delayed email notification?

I had 30 emails today. Is getting ridiculous!!

In the default type box I have immediate email notification.

But I should only be getting 1 per board visit, the email tells me this.

What happens with delayed email notification?

I had 30 emails today. Is getting ridiculous!!

All I can say is try the "Delayed Notification". I don't know the precise definition of these options, but it's worth a try :o

• 1 month later...
Currently, every email l get that is a notification of a post in a forum to which I have subscribed has the same title: "Topic Subscription Reply Notification ( From Thailand Forum )".

To see which forum it is from, I have to open the email.

And inside the email it says: xxxxx has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "yyyyy yyyyyy yyyyyy".

Clearly these emails are automatically generated by the Invision software, but I was wondering just how configurable they are.

I believe it would be more useful to members if the title of the email contained the forum name, for example:

Instead of:

"Topic Subscription Reply Notification ( From Thailand Forum )"

It could be called:

"Thaivisa new post: topic "yyyyy yyyyyy yyyyy".

The same format could be used for new topic notification emails:

"Thaivisa new topic: forum "yyyyy yyyyyy yyyyy".

The beauty of this is, when there is a really 'hot' topic that you want to look at, you can see which of the notification emails is about that topic, and you can look at the 'cold' ones later.

What do you think george? Doable? Desirable?

Cheers,

RDN

SECONDED!

I logged on this morning to find over 200 messages with nothing in the subject line to tell me what was in the notification from TV. :o

I'm sure I'm not alone with this problem, trying to wade thru countless notifications without a clue what the subject is.

Please George, can you fix this by putting the title of the thread in the subject line?

T.I.A.

• 3 weeks later...