Yamaha Rd 350 Lc

Gordons

Been here 2 years full time,5 years part time. NEVER SEEN ONE. 99% of imports seem to be from Japan. Did Jap market have them?? I dont know.

Great fun bike BTW and dont think you can export one TO LOS, its a No, No!(check prev posts by the 100's)

Dave

I have seen one in 7 years of visits and living in Thailand.

That was on a trip to BKK a few years ago.

It was a 250, single front disc brake.

I know where there is a rolling chassis for a 250 TDR in Kanchanaburi. Everything but the engine.

Have seen that wheeled out of a motorcycle shop everyday ever since I first visited in 2001!

One day I will ask if it's for sale.

I recall when the RZ350LC was in the showroom, new, with black and yellow bumble-bee colors, Kenny Roberts signature edition. I asked about it and was told it had no power at all below 8,000 rpm, and then came on very hard. I bought a Seca 400 instead, after test riding a Fazer 700. RZ350's never sold well in the States.

RZ250/350 were the best selling sport bike in Japan in early 80's, dubbed the "750cc killer". A few of my friends had them. I don't know how long the production lasted but by early 90's I don't remember ever seeing one on the streets in Japan, not even at the parking lot of Yamaha corporate dormitory I lived for four years while I worked for YMC where I saw hundreds of Yamaha motorcycles parked. Quick search has turned up a second hand RZ350 being sold in Japan but at 440,000 yen for 1981 RZ350 I think the price comes with quite a premium. I guess that shows how rare it is even in Japan.

http://moto.webike.net/search/mdt/14911/24/

RZ250 has a price tag of as high as 945,000 yen at another shop in Japan (roughly 300,000 Baht).

http://www.runner.co.jp/disp.aspx?id=47

Edited by Nordlys

I have seen one in 7 years of visits and living in Thailand.

That was on a trip to BKK a few years ago.

It was a 250, single front disc brake.

I know where there is a rolling chassis for a 250 TDR in Kanchanaburi. Everything but the engine.

Have seen that wheeled out of a motorcycle shop everyday ever since I first visited in 2001!

One day I will ask if it's for sale.

i have a TDR250lc here in udon its a bit of a ratter and blows little white smoke but starts first kick every time .. i,ve just tried post a photo here but for some reason they wont download ( i,m not 2 clever on my com yet ) martyn. :o .