PAD Lay Siege On Government House, NBT TV Station

george

.... I would cordon off the protest areas and let them all rot in the sun. No one in, no one out for two weeks. ...I would ... deprive them of the media .... No cameras in, no radio in, cut the internet feed to ASTV, hel_l cut the TV and radio altogether for a month, cut the electricity.....

hallo you 'dictator at heart'. you pretend to defend democracy in thailand? and you are the defender of a free press?? the methods you describe would draw applause from hitler, stalin und dschingis khan. you are a true and faithful defender of tax-sin and his puppet samak. and another one who totally lost his selfcontrol. go and get help!

scyriacus - seconded -

And also - whatever you may think of the PAD - they seem to have Samak on the hook.

If they stay where they are then they're just going to increase the embarrassment and humiliation for the government.

If the government decides to forcibly remove the protesters then it's goin' to have a major PR disaster on it's hands.

Checkmate for the PAD.

Checkmate for Samak. He is choosing the same tactic used by military all over the world. Keep food from entering and protesters will leave by themselves. I remember when the US military surrounded Manuel Noriega in Panama. They stood outside and played "I Fought the Law" and "Nowhere to Run." Kind of apropos here as well.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BREAKING - Protesters to be evicted from Government House before sunset

Government Spokesman Wichianchote Sukchotrat said Wednesday that protesters would be removed from Government House compound before sunset.

He was speaking to reporters at the Supreme Command at 5 pm.

He said thousands of 191 commando police and border patrol police would be deployed to force the protesters out of Government House.

He said police would first try to talk to the protesters to convince them to voluntarily leave the compound or else they would be forced out.

The spokesman said the protest inside Government House needs to be ended Wednesday as the government would have to use the place for ceremony of From Mother Day to Father Day.

He said His Royal Highness Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn will chair the ceremony inside Government House on Saturday to grant royal flags for government agencies to use as part of the celebrations.

The spokesman said the authorities need to prepare the place two days before the ceremony on Saturday.

The Nation

Criminal Court issues arrest warrants for PAD's nine leaders

If this is the case why have the Police not arrested them yet. Maybe they are afraid of the immediate consequences if they do?

Cheers, Rick

arresting the leaders makes the PPP look weak.

here is the situation - these people are not leaving assuming they can continue getting food and water.

apparently, samak does not feel that he will remain PM if he uses violence against these people.

If Samak cannot get these people to leave, he will not be PM as government cannot function.

So with this logic, how does Samak remain PM?

here is a hint: he doesn't.

It doesn't make them look weak. It ironically makes them look like they are upholding the law. This is being pushed bit by bit to an end game.

If I was Samak, I would cordon off the protest areas and let them all rot in the sun. No one in, no one out for two weeks. If they want to protest and deprive the country of it's elected govt, I would choose to let them protest as much as they want but deprive them of the media to broadcast their idiotic message. No cameras in, no radio in, cut the internet feed to ASTV, hel_l cut the TV and radio altogether for a month, cut the electricity, and lets see how dedicated these supporters really are. If they want to wreck govt house, feel free, if they want to burn down the ministries, feel free.

30,000 are using their "right" to "free speech and freedom of movement" to remove the rights of approximately 24 million voters to their elected government and incite the overthrow of government.

They can convene a Parliament anywhere they like, it isn't as though it is bound to a building. That is the wonder of democracy.

To be anything 'at heart' first you have to have one. What a horrible horrible post.

why should a farang give a crap about Thai politics?

its not farang business.

We care because a lot of us live here and/or do business here.

ah understandable.

was thinking there might be

business interests for farangs.

i live in the northeast

and run a US web consulting biz

out of my house.

i dont have any Thai clients.

(there's no money in it lol)

.... I would cordon off the protest areas and let them all rot in the sun. No one in, no one out for two weeks. ...I would ... deprive them of the media .... No cameras in, no radio in, cut the internet feed to ASTV, hel_l cut the TV and radio altogether for a month, cut the electricity.....

hallo you 'dictator at heart'. you pretend to defend democracy in thailand? and you are the defender of a free press?? the methods you describe would draw applause from hitler, stalin und dschingis khan. you are a true and faithful defender of tax-sin and his puppet samak. and another one who totally lost his selfcontrol. go and get help!

not defending anyone, just giving a possible way for samak to handle the situation without resorting to sending in the police.

It isn't a human right to have access to cameras, radio, electricity to protest for the overthrow of a democratically elected govt in a criminal way. I was answering the fact that people say the govt looks weak, they should thank their lucky stars the riot police haven't gone in in earnest. In the same way I cannot use the TV to campaign against anything I may not happen to like if in doing so it breaks the laws of the land. So we are to live our lives by the fact that they don't have the right to storm TV stations and shut them down, invade govt house and other ministries, but they should have the right to broadcast their word to the rest of the country through govt/army owned TV stations. Rights are granted but must be handled responsibly.

It is amazing there is as much coverage on TV of this event at all, be it biased on way or another. In most countries in the world, the TV would have gone off after 10 mins. The PAD should be thankful they live in the democratic/free country they do, but their words talk of reducing the rights of 65 million others.

They have commandeered parts of Bangkok, morally or legally what obligation does the government have to feed, clothe or bathe any of them. Let them have government house, convene another one. They want the right to go home to eat and sleep, what about the rights of 20mn Isaan farmers who voted? They say they will stay, fine let them, but not at the inconvenience of the other 12 million odd souls in Bangkok not sitting with them and the other 65 million not sitting with them. Currently 30,000 people are holding the whole country to ransom.

In a democratic society, the ballot box is where these issues are solved.

Actually, better, let the PAD take Kho Panghan, there should be plenty of room for them. They can run their little country as they see fit and they may even make a majority although probably not.

Government Spokesman Wichianchote Sukchotrat said Wednesday that protesters would be removed from Government House compound before sunset.

He said thousands of 191 commando police and border patrol police would be deployed to force the protesters out of Government House.

He said police would first try to talk to the protesters to convince them to voluntarily leave the compound or else they would be forced out.

The spokesman said the protest inside Government House needs to be ended Wednesday as the government would have to use the place for ceremony of From Mother Day to Father Day.

He said His Royal Highness Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn will chair the ceremony inside Government House on Saturday to grant royal flags for government agencies to use as part of the celebrations.

The spokesman said the authorities need to prepare the place two days before the ceremony on Saturday.

The Nation

Spoke to my husband about twenty minutes ago. He says they're all inside Government house and can't get out as the police have them surrounded and are locking people up who leave! He told me around forty people were taken to the cells last night.

The government should put a few of its people in yellow t shirts and give them tommy guns, and tell them run amuk in Nana Plaza.

Then use that as an excuse to clamp down.

thats what i'd so if I was prime minister.

good idea, but put a few large bombs, one large at tourist place for international media and some others where it looks bad for PAD.

there must be many dead ones.

emergency degree and rock'n roll. PAD leader made that.....

but Samak is not a real good dictator....too silly...to afraid

The Nation

Spoke to my husband about twenty minutes ago. He says they're all inside Government house and can't get out as the police have them surrounded and are locking people up who leave! He told me around forty people were taken to the cells last night.

is that sure? you can't lock people without reason (without emergency degree).

BREAKING - Protesters to be evicted from Government House before sunset :o

When again?

Black out at the Government House

Power supply at the Government House is cut off at 7.45pm.

Protesters sit among the dark but the activities on the stage continued.

The nation

Power was restored, public services threatened the whole country would also be plunged in the dark if the cut persisted.

Chalerm had no balls, Samak is also a political eunuch.

Nothing but talk.

If it happens, PAD leaders will surrender, NOT FLEE TO LONDON> :D

BREAKING - CNN reporting that the police are now removing protesters from the government house compound.

Completely false.

More are coming in, food and water is also donated and delivered on site.

Short a few dozen washrooms though... Wait until Samak opens mouth, do it collectively. :o

Edited by Tony Clifton

The Nation

is that sure? you can't lock people without reason (without emergency degree).

Absolutely sure. He told me some want to leave but are afraid of being arrested.

BREAKING - CNN reporting that the police are now removing protesters from the government house compound.

Completely false.

Short a few dozen washrooms though... Wait until Samak opens mouth, do it collectively. :o

CNN has been reporting on NEWS TICKER since early afternoon that police are removing protesters and has not updated News Ticker yet. I guess this is based on 3am clash between police and protesters early morning.

CNN should correct this...anyone has Dan Rivers' number?

BREAKING - Protesters to be evicted from Government House before sunset :o

When again?

Black out at the Government House

Power supply at the Government House is cut off at 7.45pm.

Protesters sit among the dark but the activities on the stage continued.

The nation

Power was restored, public services threatened the whole country would also be plunged in the dark if the cut persisted.

Chalerm had no balls, Samak is also a political eunuch.

Nothing but talk.

If it happens, PAD leaders will surrender, NOT FLEE TO LONDON> :D

yes I explained my wife, that are all wannabe dictators, if there is the slightest risk for them they get afraid and hide.

look at Fidel Castro, Stalin or Hitler.....

When police did not follow, shoot the first one, if one judge make problems for Thaksin, shoot him and kill his wife and children. And there won't be any problems in the courts anymore.

That makes a dictator.....but Samak, Thaksin, Chalerm are just normal Idi*ots.

The opposition should start a 'Monarchist Party'. Run against PPP making it clear that they won't pay for votes and have clean government as the promise. I daresay they might win. Anarchy ! Kidz Rool!

a constructive and reasonable suggestion! (allowed in thailand?). but you need money to found a party (as tax-sin did).

your last remark/joke is wrong. not kidz rool here, but kids are rooled, manipulated and plundered by gangsters. the mafia has to go. fighting corruption is a prerequisite for democracy. it should not be for sale and should not be profitable. i am ready to help you fighting for a clean society......

^O there's plenty of money among the elites who quietly support the aims of PAD. Multi billions of baht.

They just don't want to spend it !

Bit like going for a beer with some moocher who doesn't want to buy a round of drinks and feels he's entitled to free booze.

Edited by Journalist

Completely false.

CNN has been reporting on NEWS TICKER since early afternoon that police are removing protesters and has not updated News Ticker yet. I guess this is based on 3am clash between police and protesters early morning.

I stand corrected. Thanks for the info.

Incidentally I took a taxi over to government house last night around 10.30 pm to see for myself what was going on - if anything -

In the taxi I could only get as near the Nakon Sawan-Phitsanulok intersection. From there I walked to government house and entered the compound from one of the gates facing the building. Got refused entry by the guards at the first gate for some resaon but then was able to walk straight through the second gate on that side.

A couple of the PAD trucks were parked on the LHS up against the railings and there were thousands of protesters filling the compound.

The most surprising thing is that in all the time I was there - including the approaching roads - I didn't spot one uniformed police officer. Not one!

And also I didn't see any of those long green trucks that I have seen at previous PAD rallies which have on board toilet/wash facilities.

Edited by bulmercke

Every time Samak declares "This will end shortly" and then it doesn't he just looks more and more stupid.

How many police will it take to move 15,000 people unwilling to leave out of the government house?

More protesters are arriving and going (as I understand it) food/water is not a problem. --- People have serious money invested into this PAD protest (think hundreds of millions of baht) do you think they are going to give up that easily?

So, yes, of course, the protest ends tonight. And then when it doesn't, it will definitely end tomorrow night.

Completely false.

Incidentally I took a taxi over to government house last night around 10.30 pm to see for myself what was going on - if anything -

In the taxi I could only get as near the Nakon Sawan-Phitsanulok intersection. From there I walked to government house and entered the compound from one of the gates facing the building. Got refused entry by the guards at the first gate for some resaon but then was able to walk straight through the second gate on that side.

A couple of the PAD trucks were parked on the LHS up against the railings and there were thousands of protesters filling the compound.

The most surprising thing is that in all the time I was there - including the approaching roads - I didn't spot one uniformed police officer. Not one!

And also I didn't see any of those long green trucks that I have seen at previous PAD rallies which have on board toilet/wash facilities.

lollololololololol

Yeah, I think its clear to say Samak is in complete control of the situation.

:D Now, that's what I call REAL democracy...people freely allowed to walk into Government's House and the compound.

Try that at the White House premises post-13995-1219843934_thumb.jpg

..or maybe Downing Street 10 ? :o

LaoPo

Completely false.

They need Mr. Happy Toilet to deliver a few hundred....

30070474-01.jpg

Thanks for the report and good luck to you, Bulmercke... stay safe.

PAD hosts on stage at Government House are calling for officials to turn on more lights on the grounds of the government compound - THAILAND OUTLOOK -

Preparing for the impending arrest of the 9 key PAD members, PAD protesters have been on a high alert for any presence of undercover police officers.

They chanted "turn on the lights" several times, calling for Government House officials to turn on more lights on the Government House grounds. They also claim the lights would normally have been turned on by now under normal circumstances.

The protesters have been informed that there's a possibility police could raid the rally site at 9 p.m.

Edited by bulmercke

PAD hosts on stage at Government House are calling for officials to turn on more lights on the grounds of the government compound - THAILAND OUTLOOK -

Preparing for the impending arrest of the 9 key PAD members, PAD protesters have been on a high alert for any presence of undercover police officers.

They chanted "turn on the lights" several times, calling for Government House officials to turn on more lights on the Government House grounds. They also claim the lights would normally have been turned on by now under normal circumstances.

The protesters have been informed that there's a possibility police could raid the rally site at 9 p.m.

Reckon a few heads are going to be cracked pretty soon now.