PAD Lay Siege On Government House, NBT TV Station

george

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-How many judges are supposed to gather today to decide on PPP's dissolution? :o

Do you honestly expect the judges to hold their meeting out on the street? :D

Do you expect the PPP to accept a dissolution judgement under a conveniently planned emergecy decree?

Edited by Tony Clifton

SOE will not change anything - the government doesn't control the situation, the army may only restore order but the country is still ungovernable (if Samak stays, that is).

The country is not ungovernable. But it does have some very serious problems while PAD continues to create diviseness, oppose democracy and act in a lawless manner.

-How many judges are supposed to gather today to decide on PPP's dissolution? :o

Do you expect the PPP to accept a dissolution ordered under a conveniently planned emergecy decree?

It's the EC that is to announce their decision today.

It will be months before any court decision is made.

Just the facts.

Edited by ubonjoe

State of emergency announced in Bangkok

By The Nation

PM to have absolute control; PAD to go on protesting despite state of emergency; more people join protest at Government House,

Democrat Party MP Sathit Wongnongtoey said the state of emergency would allow the prime minister to have absolute control.

That is even more frightening; allowing Samak to have absolute control. More bloodshed on the horizon :o

Do most people supporting the PAD on TV just want to see Samak and the PPP out of power or do they also support the PAD in wanting the government to be appointed and not elected by the people? I am against the PAD for wanting to take away the peoples right to vote not because I am a Samak fan. What are you for?

Edited by JoeInSurin

Do you expect the PPP to accept a dissolution ordered under a conveniently planned emergecy decree?

I am sure the judges will reserve their findings until after the SOE if it goes against Samak and the PPP.

A temporary SOE is not an end to the legal process.

State of emergency announced in Bangkok

By The Nation

PM to have absolute control; PAD to go on protesting despite state of emergency; more people join protest at Government House, pro-government protesters disperse, 24 schools in 3 districts closed

Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej Tuesday announced the state of emergency in Bangkok following a clash between the pro and anti-government supporters early in the morning.

Reasoning that some groups of people caused disturbances in Bangkok that affect the peace and security, Samak announced the enforcement of the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situations in Bangkok.

The prime minister's order also appointed the army chief to be in charge of enforcing the emergency decree in Bangkok.

Thai PBS reported that the announcement exempted the enforcement paragraph 1 of Article 9 which prohibit people from leaving their houses, meaning people can still go t work.

The state of emergency prohibits gathering of more than five people.

The state of emergency authorises the authorities to evict people from any place or prohibit them from entering a place.

The state of emergency also prohibits news publicity in a way that terrifies the public.

The state of emergency also allows the authorities to detain suspects for seven days and would prohibit people from making illegal entries into government offices.

Pro-government protesters dispersed soon after learning about the emergency situation announcement.

But the leaders of the People's Alliance for Democracy said the protest would continue at Government House.

Thai PBS reporter reported from the scene that more people came out to join the rally Tuesday morning.

Democrat Party MP Sathit Wongnongtoey said the state of emergency would allow the prime minister to have absolute control.

Sathit said it seemed that the government foresaw the violence and state of emergency. He said the prime minster and People Power MPs indicated the violence would take place when they spoke during a debate on the political crisis Sunday night.

Supreme Commander Gen Boonsrang Niampradit said the people should stay calm and the government would take only necessary actions.

It was announced on TVs that 24 schools in three districts of Bangkok would be closed indefinitely.

PAD vows to stay despite the state of emergency in Bangkok

People's Alliance for Democracy key leader Chamlong Srimuang took the stage at the Government House rally shortly after Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej imposed a state of emergency in Bangkok.

He told the protesters to remain at the PAD rally site at the Government House.

"The most he (Samak) could do is to arrest the key leaders. You all can stay here as there won't be enough prisons for us," he said.

Chamlong said that all parties had already warned the prime minister that if he imposed such law, they will not allow government to run the country.

The PAD leaders called the supporters in the South to close the aiprots in Hat Yai and Phuket.

The Nation

Do most people supporting the PAD on TV just want to see Samak and the PPP out of power or do they also support the PAD in wanting the government to be appointed and not elected by the people? I am against the PAD for wanting to take away the peoples right to vote not because I am a Samak fan. What are you for?

Until the PPP and Samak are removed from power by legitimate means, -- either by the courts or through democratic elections, the PPP is the lawful government.

PAD seeks to remove the lawful government through illegitimate means,-- that being blockading of public streets, illegally occupying government offices and a TV station, blockading airports and pseudo strikes. It is not a matter of supporting Samak and the PPP, it is a matter of supporting the legitimate and lawful process as defined under law and the countries constitution.

Both these mobs of rioters need to be taken off the street by whatever force is necessary.

Less than a week ago the PAD was screaming police brutality when the police tried to do their job and prevent criminal acts by PAD.

The police were subsequently ordered to disarm and not to use force against the PAD protesters/rioters. This decision was backed up by the courts who withdrew an injunction ordering the clearing of the rioters from government house.

What are the now unarmed police to do, -- pick a side and only use force against rioters of a certain political persuasion based on the colour of their shirts? PAD cant have it both ways with selective policeing only against their opponents. Either the police are allowed to do their job or the country descends into a violent state of anarchy which we are seeing.

No! It is not fair for the police to treat their guys the same as my guys because their guys are the bad guys and my guys are the good guys. :o

pro-government protesters disperse

Of course they dispersed. 500 baht and some free Leo and Lao Khao only buys so many hours of thuggery.

One of the PAD leaders was telling the crowd that DAAD was being paid 200 baht. At least PAD should get their propaganda straight if they want it to work.

State of emergency bans gathering, provocation

(BangkokPost.com) - Prime Minister and Defence Minister Samak Sundaravej has declared the state of emergency in Bangkok, authorising the Royal Thai Army to maintain order in the capital. The declaration has taken effect from 7am Monday.

According to the premier, activities carried out by certain groups of people are affecting civil order and national security, and the problems have to end quickly.

The Commander-in-Chief of the Royal Thai Army, Gen Anupong Paochinda, is in charge of enforcing the state of emergency in Bangkok. The Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police, Pol Gen Patcharawat Wongsuwan, will be the deputy chief until the situation has returned to normal.

The state of emergency disallows five or more people to gather in the capital. It also prohibits public members to incite or provoke people to violence, and they cannot publicise information that instigate fear and affect national security and peace.

Some roads and buildings will be closed during this period, and people living in those buildings will have to evacuate to the designated areas.

PAD vows to stay despite the state of emergency in Bangkok

People's Alliance for Democracy key leader Chamlong Srimuang took the stage at the Government House rally shortly after Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej imposed a state of emergency in Bangkok.

He told the protesters to remain at the PAD rally site at the Government House.

"The most he (Samak) could do is to arrest the key leaders. You all can stay here as there won't be enough prisons for us," he said.

Chamlong said that all parties had already warned the prime minister that if he imposed such law, they will not allow government to run the country.

The PAD leaders called the supporters in the South to close the aiprots in Hat Yai and Phuket.

The Nation

The ISOC and the government can not back down now that a state of emergency has been declared.

As far as the "wont be enough prisons for us" comment by Chamlong, only key leaders will be arrested and the rest of the sheep will be disbursed by what ever force is reasonably necessary.

Of course what Chamlong is gambling on is that the government and the ISOC will hesitate and an impatient DAAD will re-enter the fray only to be confronted by force and dispersed this time while PAD stays put. There are still a few wild cards in this conflict yet. Only swift and decisive action by the government and ISOC will bring an end to this crisis.

Take yourselves back some 20 years - where do you think each of us would have been? Supporting those locked at Thammasat, or those outside?

It looks pretty clear now - I mean who was right and who was wrong back in 1976, but looking at some rhetoric thrown around here, I feel that some of out posters belong with those murderous mobs.

These are the times when you MUST choose sides, and it's sad to see how people are led by their egos and demogogery into making clearly wrong choices, even if they sincerely believe in their cause.

SOE will not change anything - the government doesn't control the situation, the army may only restore order but the country is still ungovernable (if Samak stays, that is).

I can't believe in the present situation that someone is inciting others to take sides. That is really the last thing they should be doing and is one of the main reasons we are in this mess.

This protest cannot be compared with 1976 which was against the return of a military dictator. Then of course we all the know the reason why that got out of hand.

There needs to be some kind of mediation in this situation and the PAD should have been moved out of their Govt house shanty town ages ago. This is simply a bear baiting mentality, and it was obvious unless cleared up that the result was not going to be pretty.

This is a time when politicians, military and every one else needs to hang their egos in the cupboard for a rest and work together. Maybe just for a period of time they can all learn to live on their monthly salaries and do their job. By that I mean each side/faction because they are all as bad as each other.

Surely there must be a few left in this country that could put collective interests above self interests.

NB An interesting choice of the word "demagoguery" above and it is one of the reasons that people shouldn't be taking sides. You have some skilled participants on each side that are adept at using their speeches to drive the populace into one of two camps. After having taken sides it is often more convenient to use less brain power in forming opinions and just follow the path and vocalisations of the "leaders". This creates the problems we are seeing today.

In the long term Thailand needs a wider participation in the political field and often that only comes with economic improvements and education. Another thing is for a cultural change in the attitude that " you step on my viewpoints, so you step on me". People here take it personally when you disagree with them and if democracy is going to work that attitude has to change.

In the short term the only hope is to see everyone working together from where we are now. The government and the opposition are going to have to find a way to work together in order to get everyone out of this mess. They should be setting an example. There must be some kind of agenda on how the two camps can do something constructive together.

Even if it only starts on a small scale then at least it is heading in the right direction.

I don't think the resignation of the PM or dissolution are realistic as you would just exacerbate the polarised situation.

The government feels backed in a corner and the Democrats have not come out to criticise the PAD at all. We need to see some kind of join action from both parties to get all mobs off the street and work from there.

They need to identify their common ground and work from there.

Back in 1976 protesters were accused of being communists who wanted to overthrow the monarchy, and plenty of people believe in that propaganda.

Nowadays people believe that protesters want to overthrow democracy.

Pad's proposal of "new politics" means more representation to the people, not less, but it doesn't matter, some people made up their minds and are completely consumed by by their own rhetoric.

And the reason for proposing "new politics" in the first place according to PAD - to destroy money politics that keeps the worst elements of the old feudal system firmly in charge of the country and strangles any democratic growth.

But no, some people refuse to listen to PAD, they made up their own explanations and keep repeating them ad nauseum.

I guess it's just a replay of 1976 propaganda wars.

Pad's proposal of "new politics" means more representation to the people, not less, but it doesn't matter, some people made up their minds and are completely consumed by by their own rhetoric.

Please explain. If true then maybe some have missed the point.

DAAD seem to stiil be standing in front of the heavy riot gear blockade, not the light gear sissies that first let them through in the early hours. Waving sticks and pipes, sling shots.

OH, they are "sissies" now. Only a few days ago they were accused of police brutality.

Just seen on the BBC that we have a state of emergency in Bangkok. 1 person dead and many injured! 400 troops been moved in, here we go again.

I also saw it as will many others on this thread.

I didn,t see anything other than the now infamous Newin, Chalerm, Samk, Thaksin, ect. ect. supporters who where doing exactly what they did in Udonthani.

Going crazy, hel_l bent on causing the murderous harmful chaos we have become accustomed to. ( they are easily recognisable, mostly with red whatever ) and easily identified be their renowned determination to Murder, Maim, Destruct and Destroy and achieve their objectives via Terrorising all those who have a right to have an opposing opinion.

They are also of course being paid by a certain inhuman, unscrupulous exile and his surrogate supporters.

I ESPECIALLY hope those who have continually called the " peaceful " PAD supporters, Hooligans, Thugs, an Unruly Mob ect. ect. have or get a chance to see it, in it,s uncensored presentation and witness what these words truly mean, and reflect on their hateful untruths when describing the PAD.

I asked a question yesterday relating to where both Newin and Chalerm where and wondered what they could be up to, which for me was crying out something of the scenario of what has now taken place.

They had already caried out similar in the North East and in particualar my beloved, peacefully renowned Udonthani.

This i relfect on, not because i posed the question, but the fact that i was genuinely concerned, based on the underhanded and evil tactics these unscrupulous individuals are renowned for and maybe in the process of organising yet another infamous event to cause mayhem, death and injury to all who oppose them and their ilk in government ect. ect.

May they all get their Karma and be made accountable for their many years of unprincipled, self rewarding endeavours, rather than the intersts of Thailands good and great citizens and may things now start changing for the genuine bwenefit of Thailand and it,s beloved citizens.

There was a certain individual, who in one post lost his previously renowned sense of fair play by posting a very insulting post in relation to why we as non Thai are, to put it politely, along with our membership of all nationalitie sdebating things that don,t as i read it to mean do not have any incentives to do so.

3571 posts and counting for the uninformed and you may also like to observe the views figure which is increasing at a pace as i post., both which speak volumes on our interest ( both ways ) and should also indicate within the a clear message on why we take an interest, the end result can only be a positive one

By the way, it should be noted Many Many Members have been fairly debating this particular thread topic, and in one statement not only bitterly aattacked them, but went on to equally make insulting our Thai Families / Ties and question why we would take an interest when we cannot according to him make a difference anyway.

Well to you and all the other PAD knockers and that includes a very cynical, well renowned one line mischief maker who has suddenly started posting on the thread with nothing more than baiting observations and the meaningless content within the brief postings.

Our wives and older children take an active interest in what has been going on over many many years, and now thanks to the uncensored media, have an opportunity to voice their desent and dislike for the old style politics, corruption and glaring nepotism that has been handed down family to family to continue the criminality and all that it encompasses.

We as there partners and the fathers / mothers of our children Know how injust it has all been and more importantly the implications it has on our families in the future, do so willingly, as decent human beings, not only support them, but offer our own imput, that is based on simple Right and Wrong and humanitarian

beliefs.

Unless we stand by them as such, we are in effect dishonouring and underminding what should be the right of all citizens and that is to achieve a fairer society for all, whoever or where ever it may be applicable to, but in particular to our beloved ones.

As pre T.Visa rules i would not out of respect for them put any names as such in the frame and refer in general terms without being unjustly accused of Flamming.

As a further respectful observation, shouldn,t those who invite others to flame them either by personal invitation or in their obvious desire to incite others to do so, committing a greater offence than self reaction.

The first ones i refer to deserve more in the way of reprimand than the second IMHO

It is after all only human nature to react in certain cases when it is obvious what and who the first group are having a go at with the one objective of getting members to do so.

Respectfully, and in no way questioning the clear rules that are made in the interset of all the membership to enable free and fair and civil debate.

This is not a condescending observation and i hope it is seen as a positive observation.

Admin are to be genuinely commended for their imput, based on years of experience, especially those during the inception and the infancy of our beloved Thai Visa.

If we are given a holiday it is more often than not deserved and in the minority of cases where a member thinks he /she has been unfairly treated, they have a great facility to refer their observations to and should you be able to show you have indeed been unfairly judged i have no doubt what so ever the person involved would be reinstated to his membership and the splendid facilities we have and provide each other with, Thanks again to our Admin and majority of fair minded members who offer help, advice and support on a regualr basis.

marshbags :o

Edited by marshbags