They Keep Damaging My Walls

jubby

...I'd thought of most of your idea's , except the tyre solution which is interesting. have you also had issues ?
Not yet, but my property upcountry is on a 90o corner on the road in/out of the village. Only one accident I know of, which was a friend of mine loosing grip on the rear wheel (motorbike) while taking the bend too fast - that resulted in a few days in hospital. I need to put in a gate near that corner to allow easy access for me - but I'm thinking about some form of earthworks (tire re-enforced) to protect me from other people's accident claims. As my land is above the road surface I am careful to have a small drainage ditch on my side to ensure 'my' mud does not spread to the road - resulting in dust and a slippery surface.

I have thought about a speed bump - but they &*@# me off too so I would not install one myself.

The more I think about tires, soil & plants the more I like the idea. Finding a plant that develops a strong root structure to bind the tires together. Look at any pictures of car vs tree accidents - the tree always wins.

Extremely strong root structure (so strong that actually nothing else will grow there): Hang Nok Yung. They are usually planted at road sides, are very drought hardy, grow in the widest possible ranges of soils, and do not need any care whatsoever; actually getting rid of them will be the bigger problem.

They are extremely easy to seed and can quickly be re-grown (eg you can hack and slash large parts of the bush and they will recover). They will not become massive trees, so impacting heavy objects might not be affected by them; but their colorful flowers look at least nice.