Retirement Visa

Well another year done and dusted another 12 months of bliss. Oh except the 90day thingy. Well that is not too bad now they seem to be getting there act together there ( 90 days)

Any how this year I went in early, got there at 7- 42 am out by 10. Got the number 11, the person sitting next to me arrived in the room approx 8.20am with the number 35.

Just for your interest for any one that cares.

Confirm no medical cert required, have always taken them but this year after reading many posts here decided not too. Thanks to posters.

They still need a whitness to sign some form to confirm that you are not telling any porkpies, even though you have also signed the same form which is written in English.

I suppose if you went along alone they would (the officer) sign this form for you with out you even knowing lol.

My Thai girlfriend and I always go along together so easier for me.

Maybe that is why the visa agencies charge what they charge :o

Hope you are all happy in the Los? We are :D

Edited by warriors

Warriors, can I ask you which floor you went to and what room?

We are from out of town and left at 5 am and got to Bangkok offices at about 9 am for the 90 thing in on the third floor room 303. We are about to go back for the year stay and have no idea where we need to go. Might save a lot of time if we had this info as the 90 thing was a nightmare to eventually find. Thanks.

We are from out of town and left at 5 am and got to Bangkok offices at about 9 am for the 90 thing in on the third floor room 303. We are about to go back for the year stay and have no idea where we need to go. Might save a lot of time if we had this info as the 90 thing was a nightmare to eventually find. Thanks.

If you are from out of town (not living in Bangkok) you can do a 90-day address report by mail. Is that the "90 thing" you are referring to?

If you are from out of town (not living in Bangkok) you can do a 90-day address report by mail. Is that the "90 thing" you are referring to?

The 90 day thing was in fact an extension of stay to give me a chance to apply for the 1 year stay. The address report I am well familiar with and I dont do that in Bangkok. Thanks anyway.

Warriors, can I ask you which floor you went to and what room?

You want to go to room 101 on the ground floor. It's opposite, to the right, as you come in the entrance. You can't miss it.

Go to the information desk first. That's in front of you as you enter. Tell the officer there what you want to do and he will give you a number. Fill out an application form the desk in front of room 101. Don't forget to take all the other relevant docs. etc.

Get there early and be prepared for a wait.

Edited by russianrobert

You want to go to room 101 on the ground floor. It's opposite, to the right, as you come in the entrance. You can't miss it.

Go to the information desk first. That's in front of you as you enter. Tell the officer there what you want to do and he will give you a number. Fill out an application form the desk in front of room 101. Don't forget to take all the other relevant docs. etc.

Thanks russianrobert. Thats exactly what I was looking for. I think I know where you're talking about becaused I must have pssed there 17 times last time. And thanks for sving me the time and effort of searching the 4 th 5th and all the other floors they might have.

Thanks russianrobert. Thats exactly what I was looking for. I think I know where you're talking about becaused I must have pssed there 17 times last time. And thanks for sving me the time and effort of searching the 4 th 5th and all the other floors they might have.

Good luck and post your results.

I will have to make a return trip, middle of September. What time does Immigration open in the morning?

Cheers

I read recently that for yearly renewal of retirement visa you must go to the nearest office to where you are living?

I live in Sisaket but have always renewed in Bangkok.

Does anyone know if I can still renew in BKK.?

Also is it still necessary now to get a new letter of income from your embassy?