Nokia 6610 Do You Have One?

GungaDin

If I can find one, how do I transfer one particular poly ringtone that is standard on the 6610

to a 6300 or 3110 classic?

Cable or infra-red?

I'm going nuts trying to find the ringtone, do Nokia have a poly ringtone archive?

cheers

GD :o

Hi :o

if that is a factory-installed ringtone you can't get it out of the phone. BUT you can make a "backup" using a specific type of cable called "DKU-5" (the 6610 only works with that one!) and a software (non-free!) called "Oxygen Phone Manager", you need to obtain a version old enough to work with that phone!

Can you tell me what's the name of that ringtone, i *may* still have it floating around somewhere or even on my online account. Check it out:

http://thanhwap.tripod.com/ortones.html

You can righ-click the loudspeaker icon and "save target as" to get the file onto your computer for preview, if you like it just WAP-access it from your new phone and get it. They are all original tones from Nokia 6610, 7210 and 7250. There's also a bunch of non-original tones and wallpapers for WAP-download on that sort of phone (128x128 screen, 4-polyphonic tones).

Best regards.....

Thanh

I think my old one is a 6610 or perhaps it was the one before that. One of them for sure. I'd try places like Tukcom in Pattaya or MBK in Bangkok as someone will undoubtedly trade one in for Bt100 or something or they wil probably be able to find one for you given a few baht incentive !

Hi.

Still another issue - if the OP's 6610 was from Europe, the ringtone he wants may not be available in an Asian one! I had that situation with a tone called "Acceleration" that was in my boyfriend's 7250. I wanted that in my 6610 back then, so i went looking for it. Enough people offered me backups of their phones yet "Acceleration" was never there, even though they were 7250's as well.

Finally i received it from a Chinese and then found out that phones, sold in different regions/countries/language packs also have different ringtones.

Best regards

Thanh

Edited by Thanh-BKK

Good-on-ya Jack.

I found it, it's called Do-me-so.mid

Out of 20 files only 3 worked, fortunately, do-me-so worked.

Many thanks :o

PS, how did you find that site?

I googled nokia 6610 to see if the old phone I had was that model. Then I looked at Images, and one of the photos had a description as "Original Ringtones"

1 + 1 = 2 :D

Hi :o

NO. You'd need that cable to extract the tone FROM a 6610. To get it INTO another phone you have more options - Bluetooth being the easiest (if the phone has bluetooth), IrDA (again if the phone has it), WAP (you need a web account which allows hotlinking, such as Tripod) or, the most expensive, the data cable that works with the respective phone.

I think most newer Nokias work with the DKU-2 of which you can find "copy" ones in MBK (the DKU-5 has never been copied because it contains circuitry, which the DKU-2 doesn't - it is a straight USB-PopPort cable). Just go to MBK and get the respective cable for 6300 and 3110 (which should be the same, so of course you need only one).

Best regards.....

Thanh