Get Ya Bums Into Gear!

Blinky Bill

I know every expat, retiree, tourist, backpacker, worthless individual and English teacher in Chiang Mai is very interested in finding yet another house to rent. Or perhaps a cheap hotel to stay. Or where to buy a can of baked beans. Or any other load of very interesting stuff that has been posted on this forum over the past few days........but what the farks the matter with you lot?

Yesterday Chas and Rachel from Tuskers opened this topic about a very worthy establishment and a fundraising evening at Tuskers for Croston House Childrens Home.

It staggers me that there have only been 2 responses to this thread and yet there have dozens to all the other less than important threads on Thai Visa Chiang Mai Forum.

I will be there to support the evening and have every intention of parting with at least 3,000 baht on the night. I'll be happy to buy anyone who turns up and asks for Blinky Bill a beer or tequila.

C'mon, support the night. Tuskers is a Thai Visa sponsor and host to the past 2 free Thai Visa BBQ's (hangovers). There might even be another free night out in the future.

I was going to come but so many people were so rude to me, including BB in my posting asking for assistance, I have decided to spend the weekend in beautiful Pai, assisting the friendly tourists...

Colin

I was going to come but so many people were so rude to me, including BB in my posting asking for assistance, I have decided to spend the weekend in beautiful Pai, assisting the friendly tourists...

Colin

Ya got to have thick skin on here and not take all things at a personel level.

If I ask for Blinky Bill 10 times...do I get 10 free beers? ( Beer Lao of course..) :o

Scuse me, K. BB. For some it's more how to get the bumm in neutral and say a lot of long OOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooohhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :o

Will try to make it tomorrow, but don't pin on it.

Cheers, Nienke

I think some of us just suffer from "charity overload". There are literally hundreds of worthy causes and we cannot support them all. We can't be out downing tequilas for children's homes every night of the week !

I hope the evening is a success.

I know every expat, retiree, tourist, backpacker, worthless individual and English teacher in Chiang Mai is very interested in finding yet another house to rent. Or perhaps a cheap hotel to stay. Or where to buy a can of baked beans. Or any other load of very interesting stuff that has been posted on this forum over the past few days........but what the farks the matter with you lot?

Yesterday Chas and Rachel from Tuskers opened this topic about a very worthy establishment and a fundraising evening at Tuskers for Croston House Childrens Home.

It staggers me that there have only been 2 responses to this thread and yet there have dozens to all the other less than important threads on Thai Visa Chiang Mai Forum.

I will be there to support the evening and have every intention of parting with at least 3,000 baht on the night. I'll be happy to buy anyone who turns up and asks for Blinky Bill a beer or tequila.

C'mon, support the night. Tuskers is a Thai Visa sponsor and host to the past 2 free Thai Visa BBQ's (hangovers). There might even be another free night out in the future.

Schoolboy error.. If they had named the thread "feed the kiddies" it would probably have had 7 or more pages by now, perhaps even with offers for sterilization, de-worming and the rest :o

I hope the evening is a success and that kiddies and kitties prosper from your efforts!!

My idea, everyone are diffirent and if they do not responses it not mean they are not interesting on it, for me I interest and very appriciate what Rachel, Chas or Glenn Croston do and I love to read more than write( you can see how is my broken English), so when somebody who interest and would like to support or helping they can do in many way and the result are same, that is all. Someone may be just send money direct to account of Croston House Childrens Home, another one can also talk to friends who interesting to support this Home,...

Some people they do not want to show what they are going to do, they just follow their hart, mind and idea, not say and just do it... and they do not want that other people come to say that they have a good hart or good people or not, every thing you did good you received and feel it by your hart.

I talk in general and I also unterstand your feeling, sorry that I could not come to Turker, I am so far and not good for drink :o:D

BB, rather than setting up free shots, why don't you just donate the cost of each drink taken to the charity and let the lush freeloaders pay for their own booze? Maybe they will start to feel guilty about your generosity and decide to pass on the booze and donate the cost to the charity. Then, you can all sing temperance hymns together, return sober (for a change?!) to your abodes cheered and warmed by your generosity. The home --- and you! --- will be all the richer for the experience! Everyone can come back on another night to keep Chas in business! Well, one or two drinks for Chas' and Rachel's benefit would be appreciated, I am sure. Got to pay the rent!

Well, I don't know every booza, <deleted>, looza in CM, but da wife and I do know from experience that there are many, many deserving charities here and Croston House is certainly one of them.

If you cannot attend Tusker's very kind benefit function, at least consider a visit to Croston House or make a donation through their website above.

Nothing is as rewarding as giving... :o

(Blinky Bill - Is that like a dollar bill that winks at you..?)

Edited by Dustoff

Thank you to everyone that came to support the Croston House fundraiser least night. It was a fun evening. :o

I have just spoken to Glenn and we raised 8,151 baht which although not the 10,000 I was hoping for was still a great effort and I am sure will be appreciated by the children at the home.

Good luck to Glenn next week as he embarks on his 1,400km walk across Thailand in 45 days. Rather him than me :D

Thank you to everyone that came to support the Croston House fundraiser least night. It was a fun evening. :o

I have just spoken to Glenn and we raised 8,151 baht which although not the 10,000 I was hoping for was still a great effort and I am sure will be appreciated by the children at the home.

Good luck to Glenn next week as he embarks on his 1,400km walk across Thailand in 45 days. Rather him than me :D

Not a bad show!

Did someone buy Glenn a pair of new sandals?

How many drinks did BB buy?

My idea, everyone are diffirent and if they do not responses it not mean they are not interesting on it, for me I interest and very appriciate what Rachel, Chas or Glenn Croston do and I love to read more than write( you can see how is my broken English), so when somebody who interest and would like to support or helping they can do in many way and the result are same, that is all. Someone may be just send money direct to account of Croston House Childrens Home, another one can also talk to friends who interesting to support this Home,...

Some people they do not want to show what they are going to do, they just follow their hart, mind and idea, not say and just do it... and they do not want that other people come to say that they have a good hart or good people or not, every thing you did good you received and feel it by your hart.

I talk in general and I also unterstand your feeling, sorry that I could not come to Turker, I am so far and not good for drink :o:D

I hope everyone reads this very good point from a Thai. Charities and business don't mix and there is no such thing as a free lunch. I hope the event is successful but some will not go but to give to charity instead.

I hope everyone reads this very good point from a Thai. Charities and business don't mix and there is no such thing as a free lunch. I hope the event is successful but some will not go but to give to charity instead.

Bit confused there pwp. What are you on or on about?

We had a bit of fun and raised a few baht for a good cause. Don't try to knock it.