Non Immi - Ed Visa

Hi Guys.

Aus nationality

Several questions regarding Ed visa.

I am currently on a 2 x 60 day tourist visa, have extended the first visa by 30 days and will re-enter to activate the second visa within the next week or so.

From this sticky http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Immigration-...-Des-t3139.html

it states: Note 3: If you are in possession of a valid tourist visa or a 30 day visa exempt entry stamp and qualify for extension of stay and plan on doing so, you may be permitted to change to a non-immigrant visa at an immigration office inside Thailand. This change of 'status' has certain restrictions depending on your particular circumstances therefore you should check with an immigration officer first.

Is this in fact possible?

Secondly. I need to return to aus every 6 months for certain commitments.

If I obtain an ed visa from consulate in Aus (with all qualifying docs) is it nesescary to apply for a multiple/double entry to allow for travel out of the kingdom twice a year or would a re-entry permit from within the kingdom suffice and what are the fees for said re-entry permit?

Speaking of fees, on the 1 year extension of the Ed visa, is 90 reporting a requirement and if so are their fees attached.

Many thanks and cheers

P

What type of ED study? If language only 90 day extensions of stay are possible. The rules for converting tourist visa to non immigrant visa requires 21 days ramining on permitted to stay stamp and meeting requirments listed click Change Visa using IE or IE Tabs.

A multi entry non immigrant ED visa would not require re-entry permits for travel.

What type of ED study? If language only 90 day extensions of stay are possible. The rules for converting tourist visa to non immigrant visa requires 21 days ramining on permitted to stay stamp and meeting requirments listed click Change Visa using IE or IE Tabs.

A multi entry non immigrant ED visa would not require re-entry permits for travel.

Thanks for the reply Lopburi3.

Yes it would be a language type Ed visa. For the purpose of having to travel every 6 months, for one month at a time (on a 90 day extension of an ed visa)

would a double entry visa be required when I apply overseas or would the re-entry permit arranged before I depart the kingdom suffice ?

ED visa (for language study) can only be extended for 90 at a time 3 times in a year or am I missing soething?

Thanks again

P

You have two choices.

Multi entry non immigrant ED visa with no extensions of stay. Each visit 90 days or less. You have to leave country every 90 days but no re-entry permits involved. New visa required every 15 months.

Single entry non immigrant ED visa that you extend for 1,900 baht every 90 days at Immigration. No limit (for years) but you must present proof of study each time. For travel a re-entry permit required and you would have to return before current 90 day extension was up.

You have two choices.

Multi entry non immigrant ED visa with no extensions of stay. Each visit 90 days or less. You have to leave country every 90 days but no re-entry permits involved. New visa required every 15 months.

Single entry non immigrant ED visa that you extend for 1,900 baht every 90 days at Immigration. No limit (for years) but you must present proof of study each time. For travel a re-entry permit required and you would have to return before current 90 day extension was up.

thankyou very much for the reply.

That has cleared things up.

I notice on immigration website, looking at fee structure.

Re-entry endorsement: 1,900.00

Application for Re-entry permit:

• Single entry: 1,000.- Baht

Do both fees apply?

Re-entry is 1,000 baht for those on extensions of stay.

and lastly (I promise :o ) is the 90 days that are granted, dated from the day you apply for the extension or from the date the previous 90 days expires?

Thankyou again