Liquids And Lack Of Refreshments After Security

ukrules

I flew out of Suvarnabhumi Airport yesterday on a flight to London.

I know they recently brought in the 'no liquids' rule which is now popular all over the world but the problem I have at Suvarnabhumi is that it's the only airport that I use where you can not purchase any kind of drink once you go through security.

Normally I have no problem with throwing away a bottle of water when I go through security. I normally just purchase a couple more once I've gone through the scanner.

I can't believe that they have no vending machines or other stores selling refreshments past the scanners.

What a pain in the ass, surely they realise that there's a market here that needs exploiting.

Perhaps they are taking the 'no liquids' rule literally, I noticed the 'drinking fountains' were also out of order.

I know they recently brought in the 'no liquids' rule which is now popular all over the world but the problem I have at Suvarnabhumi is that it's the only airport that I use where you can not purchase any kind of drink once you go through security.

Normally I have no problem with throwing away a bottle of water when I go through security. I normally just purchase a couple more once I've gone through the scanner.

I can't believe that they have no vending machines or other stores selling refreshments past the scanners.

What a pain in the ass, surely they realise that there's a market here that needs exploiting.

Perhaps they are taking the 'no liquids' rule literally, I noticed the 'drinking fountains' were also out of order.

Have a look at the other thread where AOT has announced the relocation of the scanners to before the shops. Pretty smart move.

BTW the liquid rule at BKK applies to flights operated by Qantas, all flights to Australia and maybe some others. Certainly not all. Also remember the liquid rules came into being AFTER the airport was built and opened.

Just do what I do. Take a cardboard cup from Burger King through security and drink the cold tap water in the disabled toilet. Tastes great!