It Work For Farangs

Hi All

Just wondering what the market is like for IT work in Thailand these days? I'm planning on moving back over in the future and am interested in hearing from people with knowledge, experience or any useful info for me regarding this line of work\business.

Many thanks in advance..

MrBungle

:o

doh, forgot to mention incase...I have experience and Microsoft Quals - MCP and MCDST, also some VOIP\Telecoms exp..

hi. there has been a few relatively recent discussion threads started by people in your position.

That is, in the IT field (yet apparently unable to use the search function in this forum :o )

If I recall correctly, the last was by a guy who was trying to get IT work in Phuket

The best way to hunt out those threads is to go to the search link in the top right of this page. Then choose the further search options button. type in your keywords (I guess "IT work jobs" etc). first time round use the "search thread topics only" option as this will cut things down to a manageable number.

See how you go there & I am sure you will also get some new suggestions here over the next day or two. happy hunting

hi. there has been a few relatively recent discussion threads started by people in your position.

That is, in the IT field (yet apparently unable to use the search function in this forum :o )

If I recall correctly, the last was by a guy who was trying to get IT work in Phuket

here is the Phuket guy: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Possibilitie...l&hl=phuket

The best way to hunt out those threads is to go to the search link in the top right of this page. Then choose the further search options button. type in your keywords (I guess "IT work jobs" etc). first time round use the "search thread topics only" option as this will cut things down to a manageable number.

See how you go there & I am sure you will also get some new suggestions here over the next day or two. happy hunting

Thanks for the reply..

I tried the search but didnt get the info I was looking for unfortunately. The search function doesn't like the abbreviation 'IT', so I tried computers and did get some interesting info, thanks..

I'm hoping that someone who's in the industry or knows of someone will have more info for me so I will monitor this thread also..

Thanks again

MrBungle

:D

here is the Phuket guy: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Possibilitie...l&hl=phuket

Interesting thread...cheers!

Ah yes, the search engine only works with min. 3 characters and IT is two. Of course I realised that - immediately after pressing "enter" that is.

I do occasionally see IT jobs in the classifieds section of expat-related fora and sites. For example I saw one that sounded OK in www.citylife-citylife.com and which I PM'd the Phuket guy about - not that I ever got a thank you for that :o btw.

Of course I imagine there are more possibilities in BKK, and if you are hunting there you may well find a few things in sites like jobsdb. The annoying thing about those employment sites though is that ads usually don't specify as to whether foreigners can apply or not. This should be a searchable criteria - would save everyone a hel_l of a lot of time

Ah yes, the search engine only works with min. 3 characters and IT is two. Of course I realised that - immediately after pressing "enter" that is.

I do occasionally see IT jobs in the classifieds section of expat-related fora and sites. For example I saw one that sounded OK in www.citylife-citylife.com and which I PM'd the Phuket guy about - not that I ever got a thank you for that :o btw.

Of course I imagine there are more possibilities in BKK, and if you are hunting there you may well find a few things in sites like jobsdb. The annoying thing about those employment sites though is that ads usually don't specify as to whether foreigners can apply or not. This should be a searchable criteria - would save everyone a hel_l of a lot of time

Hi chiangmaibruce

Those are good sites and appreciate the post..thats a shame about the searchable criteria as you say.

There does seem to be some IT opportunities after all which is great as I can teach English but would prefer IT work if poss..

Cheers

MrBungle