Scheduled To Leave For Bangkok Tonight, Should I Stay Home With Protest And Everything

ttelise

I really do not want to get caught up in a big mess. Should I delay my trip until this issue is resolved. Is this affecting a large portion of Bkk. Will it impede my ability to get around? Will this likely get worse before it gets better?

I really do not want to get caught up in a big mess. Should I delay my trip until this issue is resolved. Is this affecting a large portion of Bkk. Will it impede my ability to get around? Will this likely get worse before it gets better?

Don't worry, will not resolved anytime soon. I want to leave Bangkok, not because of Protest, for other reasons.

It's not that bad.

Have fun

is that what those dudes outside are all doing. Thought they where looking for a missing person or something --.--''''''''

This guy?

Peter

I bet you have been waiting patiently for years to find the opportunity to use that :o

Excuse me while I drive myself to hospital to re set my pace maker

is that what those dudes outside are all doing. Thought they where looking for a missing person or something --.--''''''''

This guy?

Peter

this rocks.!! but now i need to change my boxers. :D

:o

Thanks for the 'not safe to open in a open plan office' warning note :D

knew it was coming and still nearly shit myself :D

This sort of thing really annoys me.

The Western media is going over the top with it’s hyping up of the political situation here in Thailand.

They always seem to do this when the high tourist season is nearing.

The photo below is a part of some of the crap that the West is publishing about Thailand.

In the past it was, sars, bird flu, terrorism and so called war in the South.

Amazing isn’t it, that I have lived here on and off for over 20 years and still managed to survive.

I would still rather walk about in the streets of Bangkok after dark, rather than in London.

Most of the reporting as regards to the recent problems here is hyped up scare mongering. Don’t be put off visiting here and experiencing the wonders of Amazing Thailand.

post-11344-1220408537_thumb.jpg

The Western media is going over the top with it's hyping up of the political situation here in Thailand.

They always seem to do this when the high tourist season is nearing.

The photo below is a part of some of the crap that the West is publishing about Thailand.

In the past it was, sars, bird flu, terrorism and so called war in the South.

Amazing isn't it, that I have lived here on and off for over 20 years and still managed to survive.

I would still rather walk about in the streets of Bangkok after dark, rather than in London.

Most of the reporting as regards to the recent problems here is hyped up scare mongering. Don't be put off visiting here and experiencing the wonders of Amazing Thailand.

those %$^& need to sensationalize everything. When they say stock market plunges it might be 1 point. When they were showing New Orleans and the storm they showed clips of Katrina as this one wasn't interesting enough, if you weren't paying close attention you would have thought it was recent footage. :o

The Western media is going over the top with it's hyping up of the political situation here in Thailand.

Not just the western media. I think South Korean and Singaporean Governments issued the first travel advisory warnings to not visit Thailand unless it was essential.

Why not join them? They handing out free Som Tam and singing Karaoke and lots of Thai whiskey. Just bring a fold up chair. Being the only whitey there you would be popular and may even end up on CNN

No, there is a few of us Whiteys there already. Lovely atmosphere, free drinks, nice view from Government House... I had a lovely time a couple of nights ago. The old Whitey I was with really got into the swing of things: actually stayed the night, wore a yellow hat and carried a Thai flag. :D

...what I couldn't work out is why were we searched before entering the protest area by the PAD demonstrators... surely, they would want us to bring weapons. :o

Why not join them? They handing out free Som Tam and singing Karaoke and lots of Thai whiskey. Just bring a fold up chair. Being the only whitey there you would be popular and may even end up on CNN

No, there is a few of us Whiteys there already. Lovely atmosphere, free drinks, nice view from Government House... I had a lovely time a couple of nights ago. The old Whitey I was with really got into the swing of things: actually stayed the night, wore a yellow hat and carried a Thai flag. :D

...what I couldn't work out is why were we searched before entering the protest area by the PAD demonstrators... surely, they would want us to bring weapons. :o

Do you not think that governments need to err on the safe side to the benefit of its citizens ? What say if they did not , and the situationed flared up into something truly serious and a few holiday-makers from whatever country died !!!

I can see it now , "My god , what the hel_l is blah-blah country doing , not warning its citizens about these possibilities " "They should all be hanged and quartered ".

I myself just avoided near decapitation on the way from my safe house (6 inch metal box with no air vent) to my safe toilet (5 inch metal box with small air vent).

Best to stay at home where it's safe. I've been trying to pay off the local drug lords to get me on a go-fast boat to Vietnam. Im pretty sure there's an ocean between here and there, right?

I myself just avoided near decapitation on the way from my safe house (6 inch metal box with no air vent) to my safe toilet (5 inch metal box with small air vent).

Best to stay at home where it's safe. I've been trying to pay off the local drug lords to get me on a go-fast boat to Vietnam. Im pretty sure there's an ocean between here and there, right?

Well , hardly an ocean .