Farang On House Paper.... Possible Without Residency?

Hi there, can anyone let me know if its possible to be listed on the 'tabian-baan' (house paper), if your a farang?

i have been told two different conflicting stories from our local tessaban.

thanks, any info will help :o

Hi there, can anyone let me know if its possible to be listed on the 'tabian-baan' (house paper), if your a farang?

Yes! If you are not the owner but you live there you can be listed as a house resident. In my case I (a farang) am the owner and I am listed as the house owner and my Thai wife is a house resident.

thanks, any info will help :D

Yes! If you are not the owner but you live there you can be listed as a house resident. In my case I (a farang) am the owner and I am listed as the house owner and my Thai wife is a house resident.

thanks Corkscrew, maybe its just where i am i cannot get a clear answer. We own the house but my wife is the owner in the book, i am okay with this, just want to be registered... our local 'tessabaan' is pretty confused and cannot give me an answer or are they waiting for something to be offered first... :o

Hi there.

My wife owns our house and has a blue 'tambien baan' ,

I have a yellow 'tambien baan'.

Be patiant , sometimes they

havn't done it before and don't want to loose face.

But if you ask very very nicely, they might give in after a few times.

A friend of mine went to a lawyer. Too costly for me, but he got the yellow one.

Good luck to you!

The Law is the same everywhere in Thailand but it is applied VERY differently depending on the Tesaban or the Amphur.

To give you few examples, few months ago, near Buriram, a foreigner was told that it was impossible to get a Ta Bian Ban for him. So, the authorities, sometimes, don't even know. Depending where you live, it can be known or very unusual.

In Udon Thani, I believe a "normal certified translation" is required by the Amphur.

But in Korat, the translation requires a stamp from the Ministry of Foreign affairs. :o

That's for the passport, for example. Korat and Udon Thani have different rules... very different.

Depending where you applied, the list of witnesses will be different. The ONLY way for you to know, is REALLY to call the authorities where you live.

You can find a list of some previous applications in many cities...and you will see that their list isn't the same everywhere:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Yellow-Tabie...ow+Tambien+Baan

I will try to put the official regulation and it's translation on our website this week.

It won't happen before Wednesday as I won't be away.

hi, do you mean you own the house but not the land. i read on here that that entitles you to a yellow book as you have with a condo

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for late reply, here's the official regulation and its translation to obtain a yellow ta bian ban...

Now, it is NOT strictly applied and all land departments have their own "rules". But that should be the Law. I don't think you can find it anywhere on Internet... but I might be wrong. We did the translation.

http://www.isaanlawyers.com/images/Ta%20Bi...20documents.pdf