Do You Mind People Call You Farang ?

long

i been asking my thai girlfriend and thai friends what is "Farang" mean when i 1st attempt in thailand, they told me "Farang"="Foreigner". because thai people always pronounce "Foreiger" in "Farang", after for long time, people will use to it and call "farang"="foreigner". therefore when they call you "farang", that is not mean any rude, bad or impolite to call you. if you dun mind people call you "foreigner" , and do you mind people call you "farang" ?

i been asking my thai girlfriend and thai friends what is "Farang" mean when i 1st attempt in thailand, they told me "Farang"="Foreigner". because thai people always pronounce "Foreiger" in "Farang", after for long time, people will use to it and call "farang"="foreigner". therefore when they call you "farang", that is not mean any rude, bad or impolite to call you. if you dun mind people call you "foreigner" , and do you mind people call you "farang" ?

do you look at the topics before you post? take a look one topic below your's mate

Oh dear god, not again. We've just been through this.

Hmm..appearently that 18 pages of posting at the other thread ( and still going i guess) is not enough.

Im not caucasian , at all... but when i started talking then everybody knows Im not Thai..(maybe cuz of my eyes? dunno, never think about it )

Then they always refer me as Farang...So I guess for some Thai ppl , you dont have to be Caucasian to be called Farang..

I dont care whether they call me falang , or my nationality... Its how they say foreigner.

Agree with above.

Im asian canadian and they still call me farang. Once in awhile I get khon yipon but usually farang.

Unless its said with malice, it simply means foreigner which is what I am.

No problems with it and as I posted elsewhere its ALOT better then being called GOOK in a country only afew hours flight from LOS.