Looking For Fine Tropical Hardwoods

gondarman

To build some more canoes and a few kayaks I am looking for a place where I can buy good quality fine and dry hard woods, like mahogany, teak, rosewood, mai makha or mai daeng. I have been using what they call here Mai Takian Thong and it works fine on the boats, but especially for the trimmings I would like to use some other woods. I was told there is a place somewhere in Korat but the person could not exactly tell me where it is located. I live near Satuek and I don't mind driving a couple of hours to get good quality materials. Can anybody in Isarn help me out?

Cheers

Arthur

To build some more canoes and a few kayaks I am looking for a place where I can buy good quality fine and dry hard woods, like mahogany, teak, rosewood, mai makha or mai daeng. I have been using what they call here Mai Takian Thong and it works fine on the boats, but especially for the trimmings I would like to use some other woods. I was told there is a place somewhere in Korat but the person could not exactly tell me where it is located. I live near Satuek and I don't mind driving a couple of hours to get good quality materials. Can anybody in Isarn help me out?

Cheers

Arthur

There's a couple kilometer stretch on highway 329 going west from highway 1 of shops selling recycled wood and I'm sure you will find what you're looking for there. It's the largest collection of wood sellers I've seen in Thailand. I can't exactly remember how far down the road it was though. Attached is a map fyi.

There is also a hardwood thread running in the DYI sub-forum under the real estate section you may want to look at.

Good luck and regards